Jonan

NOA 2 got approved in May 2018 BUT NVC has not received our application

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello VJ members,

We received our NOA 2 on May 24 2018 from USCIS and we were told that our case is being forwarded to NVC. We called NVC 30 days after 25 June 2018, but they haven’t received our application from USCIS. We kept calling until our NOA2 expired on September 19, 2018. Now they extended our NOA 2 until January 19, 2019. 

We would like to ask if any of you guys experienced similar delays? My fiance and I are thinking that USCIS may have lost our packet or they’re just being slow. Any thoughts on this?

thanks!

jonan

Timeline
10 minutes ago, JayHouser said:

Probably a pointless question but have you tried to speak to a tier 2 at USCIS yet to confirm it has left yet?

We have called USCIS, sent them email too. I am not sure what you meant by Tier 2?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

When you call USCIS the people that answer are called Tier 1 officers and they can only answer basic questions. When you call you ask to speak to a tier2 officer which can give you a better answer for your situation 

Timeline
1 minute ago, JayHouser said:

When you call USCIS the people that answer are called Tier 1 officers and they can only answer basic questions. When you call you ask to speak to a tier2 officer which can give you a better answer for your situation 

Thanks! We’ll do that asap. 😊😊

Timeline
51 minutes ago, JayHouser said:

Best of luck! Your case is definitely an outlier as it should have long reached NVC by now. Something is definitely wrong here and I hope they fix it soon.

Yes! I need lots of it 😀 Thank you for your suggestion. 

1 hour ago, Jonan said:

Hello VJ members,

We received our NOA 2 on May 24 2018 from USCIS and we were told that our case is being forwarded to NVC. We called NVC 30 days after 25 June 2018, but they haven’t received our application from USCIS. We kept calling until our NOA2 expired on September 19, 2018. Now they extended our NOA 2 until January 19, 2019. 

We would like to ask if any of you guys experienced similar delays? My fiance and I are thinking that USCIS may have lost our packet or they’re just being slow. Any thoughts on this?

thanks!

jonan

Call both USCIS and NVC. This has happened before. It get ironed out in the end. There is a fix.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/contact-us/national-customer-service-center

1 (800) 375-5283 8:00 am

This is for USCIS

Option 1:

Call USCIS. Do not press anything. Do not choose a language. If someone who picked up the phone cannot answer your question, ask them to transfer you to TIER 2.

Option 2:

Dial 1-866-953-7684

Option 3:

Call 1-800-375-5283

Press 1 to continue to English

Press 2 for case status

Press 1 if you know your receipt number

Press your receipt number 922(WAC) then your numeric receipt number

Option 4:

Dial 1-800-375-5283 then press 1,2,2,4,2,1 then enter receipt number then press 1.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Call both USCIS and NVC. This has happened before. It get ironed out in the end. There is a fix.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/contact-us/national-customer-service-center

1 (800) 375-5283 8:00 am

This is for USCIS

Option 1:

Call USCIS. Do not press anything. Do not choose a language. If someone who picked up the phone cannot answer your question, ask them to transfer you to TIER 2.

Option 2:

Dial 1-866-953-7684

Option 3:

Call 1-800-375-5283

Press 1 to continue to English

Press 2 for case status

Press 1 if you know your receipt number

Press your receipt number 922(WAC) then your numeric receipt number

Option 4:

Dial 1-800-375-5283 then press 1,2,2,4,2,1 then enter receipt number then press 1.

Thanks so much. Will do this asap. The time difference is quiet a challenge as I am based in Bangkok, Thailand. I appreciate your help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.