D&N1

How many passport photos needed for K1?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I asked this question in the K1 progress forum, but Greenbaum suggested I ask in this forum.

My K1 visa is currently at NVC waiting to be sent to the US embassy.

I have searched the forums for an answer to this, but haven't found any.

I noticed the SLEC requirements page for Philippines medical (http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs) mentions bringing 4 copies of the passport photos to the medical exam.

The US embassy preparations letter says to bring 3 passport photos to the interview.

I'm assuming that we need only 4 passport photos to take to the exam and 3 of them will be passed on to the US embassy, but I want to make sure.

Do we need 4 passport photos or 7 passport photos all together?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, D&N1 said:

I asked this question in the K1 progress forum, but Greenbaum suggested I ask in this forum.

I noticed the SLEC requirements page for Philippines medical (http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs) mentions bringing 4 copies of the passport photos to the medical exam.

The US embassy preparations letter says to bring 3 passport photos to the interview.

I'm assuming that we need only 4 passport photos to take to the exam and 3 of them will be passed on to the US embassy, but I want to make sure.

Most report back that the embassy does not ask for the additional photos.  Yet most still bring 3 photos to the interview, after all they're cheap.. and you can bring them with you to the States as you will need a few once there.  (<< Good idea)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Most report back that the embassy does not ask for the additional photos.  Yet most still bring 3 photos to the interview, after all they're cheap.. and you can bring them with you to the States as you will need a few once there.  (<< Good idea)

Okay, thanks for the response.

Timeline
16 hours ago, D&N1 said:

My then fiancee took 4 to St. Luke's who took one, leaving three for the interview.

A few days later she had the interview at the Embassy and gave them the three photos.  I had taken a photo of her from a cell phone, and used a free online service to create the right shape, and sent that out to Target, then picked up the photos and mailed them to her (I had to send some docs anyway).  I thought they looked perfect.  But at the Embassy she says: "the machine would not accept them."  The Embassy person told her to go downstairs to the waiting area and there is a small room that says "photographs," (near the entrance) and wait in line and get new ones.  She did (the wait in line took about 20 minutes) paid 30 peso for three photos, and then she went back to the person who sent her down to get the photos and the interview continued.

Therefore, rest assured, if you don't have enough--you can get them there.  Note: I've never heard of this on the forums but my wife states that there were five people in line, and then later she noticed that there were about ten in line, so rejection of passport photos, based upon this observation, seems common.

I hope you find this useful and good luck.

Edited by Balamban
voices in my head demanded editing

Timeline
1 hour ago, Balamban said:

My then fiancee took 4 to St. Luke's who took one, leaving three for the interview.

A few days later she had the interview at the Embassy and gave them the three photos.  I had taken a photo of her from a cell phone, and used a free online service to create the right shape, and sent that out to Target, then picked up the photos and mailed them to her (I had to send some docs anyway).  I thought they looked perfect.  But at the Embassy she says: "the machine would not accept them."  The Embassy person told her to go downstairs to the waiting area and there is a small room that says "photographs," (near the entrance) and wait in line and get new ones.  She did (the wait in line took about 20 minutes) paid 30 peso for three photos, and then she went back to the person who sent her down to get the photos and the interview continued.

Therefore, rest assured, if you don't have enough--you can get them there.  Note: I've never heard of this on the forums but my wife states that there were five people in line, and then later she noticed that there were about ten in line, so rejection of passport photos, based upon this observation, seems common.

I hope you find this useful and good luck.

Thanks for the information. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere before that they can take photos at the embassy, so that is useful to know.

We needed a total of 4.  Medical took them all and included them in the medical package.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.