Chicagolady

No green card after 6 months

7 posts in this topic

Hi All, 

My husband arrived on an IR1 in April and we still have not gotten his permanent resident card in the mail. The fee was paid before we left and so far, USCIS hasn’t been able to tell us anything. They said they’d get back to us in 2 weeks with some kind of update “on our case” in the mail. Also, my husband received his social security card a week after our arrival so I know they’ve got the right address!

USCIS case status still says they’ve received the payment of the fee necessary to print the geeen card and will begin processing it at some point. It also said to contact them if we hadn’t received the card in 120 days.

Anyone have similar experiences or idea of why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chicagolady said:

Hi All, 

My husband arrived on an IR1 in April and we still have not gotten his permanent resident card in the mail. The fee was paid before we left and so far, USCIS hasn’t been able to tell us anything. They said they’d get back to us in 2 weeks with some kind of update “on our case” in the mail. Also, my husband received his social security card a week after our arrival so I know they’ve got the right address!

USCIS case status still says they’ve received the payment of the fee necessary to print the geeen card and will begin processing it at some point. It also said to contact them if we hadn’t received the card in 120 days.

Thanks in advance! 

Call uscis 

Yep! We did! 

All the tier 2 officer said was that he could put in a service request and we’d hear something in the mail in 2 weeks.

As I said in my first post, I was mostly seeing if anyone has experienced the same sort of delay and if anyone has any ideas as to why this kind of delay might occur.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Take an InfoPass appointment or walk-in. There is a chance CBP never recorded the IR-1 arrival properly and things got lost while on the way to USCIS. I recently heard someone go through something similar where the InfoPass officer discovered and fixed it.

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes. My husband's card was lost for 8 months after Adjustment of Status, due to address changed. Even when they had the right address. Many calls and same answer they gave you about wait  and wait. Until after 8 months he went to infopass and he got the GC that same week in the mail. So take an infopass. Good luck. 

12 hours ago, willcrack said:

Take an InfoPass appointment or walk-in. There is a chance CBP never recorded the IR-1 arrival properly and things got lost while on the way to USCIS. I recently heard someone go through something similar where the InfoPass officer discovered and fixed it.

Thank you! (and mariacol too!)

I’ve checked the infopass appointment portal a few times over the last month and they have zero appointments available at my local field office.

Does anyone know if I can try a different office? I also don’t want to drive far for nothing but at this point, I’m not sure what else to do if my local office NEVER has open appointments!

Thanks again :)

(p.s. yeah will crack, I’m also just tempted to show up at the office and see what the deal is!)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
19 hours ago, Chicagolady said:

Hi All, 

Thanks in advance! 

Been waiting since arrival June 2nd same issues been calling n no favourable response 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.