Jump to content

Need financial advice on F2A for my wife

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everybody,

I have a green card and I married my girlfriend on Sept 2017. She is on F1 Visa and we applied for her green card on the same month. She works full time and I am starting college soon so will not be working most of the times.

I have been told that I should make at least $24000 and above so as to show I can support her which I will not be able to do. What other alternatives do I have for this? I read somewhere that we could use her earnings as financial support and can also show our bank accounts with some amount in it. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

She has work permit through TPS. I have another question she is going to graduate on 2019 and she will have OPT till mid 2020. Does she have to join college as soon as she finishes her education.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.