JFox762

Question about Proof of Employment evidence

14 posts in this topic

So apparently I need to provide proof of current employment. I've been using RapidVisa in order to help simplify this process, and review my documents for me.
 Their instructions state that they recommend a letter from my supervisor, on a company letterhead. 

Problem is, my company is NOTORIOUSLY ... uhhh.... *BAD* about getting in touch with. Management has a serious problem of being difficult to get a hold of, and also procrastinating even to the point of losing clients and losing money because of it.  

This is the kind of thing that they would ignore, and put off, and never get around to doing.... especially as this doesn't affect their business in any way.  Is a recent paystub enough? I can at least provide a paystub from as recently as last Thursday from last week. 

Edited by JFox762

If they aren't good at responding to these type requests, is it possible for you to write the letter, print it on company letterhead, and present it to a supervisor to sign?  This way the request isn't sitting on someone's desk, waiting until they have time to get around to it. 

Just now, De&E said:

If they aren't good at responding to these type requests, is it possible for you to write the letter, print it on company letterhead, and present it to a supervisor to sign?  This way the request isn't sitting on someone's desk, waiting until they have time to get around to it. 

I dont have access to company letterhead paper

Pay stubs would be the primary item, but the employment letter is highly suggested to include as well.

If you really cannot get somebody to provide such letter, I would suggest providing at least several months of pay stubs to show stable work there.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

40 minutes ago, JFox762 said:

I dont have access to company letterhead paper

I haven't seen company letterhead for any corp I've worked for in a decade LOL

Typically proof of employment comes from HR or Legal dept rather than managers.  At least for large companies it does.    Also, some companies use worknumber.com.   It might be workwhile to see if your company does.    Call HR.  

In addition to pay stubs, maybe a W2?   Or depending on how long you've been there, a copy of your offer letter?  

My concern also is this.

My employer just approved a significant raise which wont reflect until my next paystub. His letter of employee verification, will likely include my CURRENT raise. But my stubs won't show that. That might look suspicious to NVC

Should I have the letter explain that I just recently was given a raise? 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, JFox762 said:

So apparently I need to provide proof of current employment. I've been using RapidVisa in order to help simplify this process, and review my documents for me.
 Their instructions state that they recommend a letter from my supervisor, on a company letterhead. 

Problem is, my company is NOTORIOUSLY ... uhhh.... *BAD* about getting in touch with. Management has a serious problem of being difficult to get a hold of, and also procrastinating even to the point of losing clients and losing money because of it.  

This is the kind of thing that they would ignore, and put off, and never get around to doing.... especially as this doesn't affect their business in any way.  Is a recent paystub enough? I can at least provide a paystub from as recently as last Thursday from last week. 

Just use a current pay stub instead.  It's better than an employer letter.  You are providing "evidence" not "proof" of current income, not current employment.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Rapid Visa recommends I send all my documents to them, in order for them to proofread it... rather than just upload it to NVC website. 

Do you all recommend I just upload it, and skip that potentially unnecessary step? The RapidVisa site helped me with automatically filling out the AoS.

In regards to stating my current expected annual income. Up until very recently, I was estimating, conservatively, about $27,000/yr. But we just got a raise to $15/hr, effective the beginning of the month. None of my paystubs reflect this raise yet. 
If I base the annual income off of the new raise, it will be about $31,000. Without it, it is about $27,000. Although, with all the overtime I've made, I probably would have gotten pretty close to $30,000 by the end of the year, even without the raise. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, JFox762 said:

Rapid Visa recommends I send all my documents to them, in order for them to proofread it... rather than just upload it to NVC website. 

Do you all recommend I just upload it, and skip that potentially unnecessary step? The RapidVisa site helped me with automatically filling out the AoS.

In regards to stating my current expected annual income. Up until very recently, I was estimating, conservatively, about $27,000/yr. But we just got a raise to $15/hr, effective the beginning of the month. None of my paystubs reflect this raise yet. 
If I base the annual income off of the new raise, it will be about $31,000. Without it, it is about $27,000. Although, with all the overtime I've made, I probably would have gotten pretty close to $30,000 by the end of the year, even without the raise. 

Either you trust the professionals you hired or you don't.  One option would be to state your NEW income and document it with the first pay stub available that will verify it.  

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

18 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Either you trust the professionals you hired or you don't.  One option would be to state your NEW income and document it with the first pay stub available that will verify it.  

Mostly it is an issue of time. 
I'm getting fairly impatient, and I know if I send it out now... it will take 2 days to get to Vegas from Phoenix... and probably 2 days for them to review it and upload it. 

Part of me just wants to upload these documents *NOW*. 

All in all, I currently have all of these Documents.

-I-864
-Paystubs for the past year. 

-Tax Return Transcripts for 2015, 2016.
-1040, W7, 2555EZ for 2017

-NBI Clearance, One certified (with stupid authenticated ribbon document thing),... and one is a "Personal Copy". Basically both are the same thing... but the Authenticated version has a ribbon/authentication page attached to the front.., that sort of forces you to "dog ear" the corner, similar to pages stapled together in the corner.
-NSO Birth Certificate (old) and PSA Birth Certificate (recent) PSA Birth Cert also suffers from having to have that same Authentication ribbon, causing it to be "dog eared" in the corner. 
-Passport Biographic page from my wife.
-Thai Police Clearance
-PSA Marriage Certificate

Edited by JFox762

On 10/7/2018 at 9:21 AM, JFox762 said:

@JFox762 We actually used RapidVisa with premium review the first stage of filing and then I found VJ and did everything by ourselves after that.

Got to interview stage which will be in a couple days. 

Hope everthjng goes well with you and loved one. 

God bless.

Our NVC Documents have been sent to RapidVisa. I went with RapidVisa just because it gives me peace of mind, that whatever gets sent to the government is proof-read. 

We are now waiting on what to do next.

32 minutes ago, JFox762 said:

Our NVC Documents have been sent to RapidVisa. I went with RapidVisa just because it gives me peace of mind, that whatever gets sent to the government is proof-read. 

We are now waiting on what to do next.

That's also true. It's always good to have someone make sure it's all good. 😊

Goodluck and hopefully we all get good news in the end. 😊 God bless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.