vibeluck7

O1B visa application

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Varies by Consulate.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

10 minutes ago, nikyv55 said:

Hi Im so sorry to bother you Im currently waiting to hear back about my 01b visa and I was wondering how long you had to wait before getting your approval. Im almost at 4 months now. Any answer would be super encouraging thank you 

Sorry I just asked about approximately timing, actually I have not submit yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can change status, a lot of this depends on your case and O is usually not a DIY situation.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, vibeluck7 said:

Thank you so much!!

Does anyone knows if consular processing is the only choice when O1B visa get approved, or change of status in USA directly when under B2 vsia status also works?

Thanks

This is very risky. I wouldn't try it. Uscis could claim you are violating the intent of your tourist visa because you already had the approved petition. Which is your consulate?

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, vibeluck7 said:

I agree. My consulate is China

If I were you I would research online others' experiences going through your consulate - maybe your lawyer can help you too. I would take a photocopy of the I-797, an updated CV and list of publications, evidence that you will return to china after you finish your job (even if you won't). I would not mention it if you date an American in the US and practice explaining why you want to return to China after you finish your job. Also, I would practice explaining "what makes you extraordinary" and why you chose the O visa. I would also check the reciprocity agreement between the US and China to know if your passport needs to be valid for 6 months after your stay in the US. If it does, I would research if there's anything you can do, at this point, about that. Best of luck

Edited by fs2439

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2018 at 6:53 PM, nikyv55 said:

Hi Im so sorry to bother you Im currently waiting to hear back about my 01b visa and I was wondering how long you had to wait before getting your approval. Im almost at 4 months now. Any answer would be super encouraging thank you 

Hi, Nikyv55

My application was just approved yesterday, it takes 11 days to get approved as I request premium processing ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.