jj0109

How Long Will This Take at Bogota? [split topic]

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My wife had her interview on Oct. 2 at the embassy in Bogota, Colombia. They didn't approve her visa but they didn't deny it either. They kept her passport and all of her documents and needed us to find a new joint sponsor and send a certified divorce decree from my previous marriage. Both of those things have already been resubmitted. Can anyone give me an estimate on how long this process might take at the embassy in Bogota? We are now in administrative processing and the time-frames from everyone's experiences seem so variable. We are really anxious about this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. So far, CEAC shows our case was touched the day after her interview (Oct. 3), but nothing has changed since then. Thank you in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wife's experience with the Bogota embassy was over 3 years ago so I'm not sure how helpful our experience is to your situation. As I recall, there was about 6-7 weeks delay from interview to having the passport and CR2 visa in hand, but that was primarily due to a system wide failure of a background check system. It was a worldwide system failure, not a Bogota failure. Had it not been for that, she probably would have sailed through in about 2 weeks.

We found Bogota embassy to be mostly responsive. We called multiple times and they answered our questions. We didn't have an RFE, like you, so our situation was a little different.

For more recent reviews of the Bogota embassy, I would click on the Colombia portal and then click on "Consulate Reviews". Good luck.

https://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Colombia

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 10/5/2018 at 8:48 AM, jj0109 said:

Hi everyone,

My wife had her interview on Oct. 2 at the embassy in Bogota, Colombia. They didn't approve her visa but they didn't deny it either. They kept her passport and all of her documents and needed us to find a new joint sponsor and send a certified divorce decree from my previous marriage. Both of those things have already been resubmitted. Can anyone give me an estimate on how long this process might take at the embassy in Bogota? We are now in administrative processing and the time-frames from everyone's experiences seem so variable. We are really anxious about this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. So far, CEAC shows our case was touched the day after her interview (Oct. 3), but nothing has changed since then. Thank you in advance!

Hi - I'm curious about the divorce decree requirement because my fiancee will be having her interview in Bogota in the coming month or two, and I don't know if the copy I have given her of my divorce decree would be considered "official" - it's the official one I got in the mail from the court, but there's nothing on it to indicate it is a "certified" copy or anything special other than it's the copy from the Court. 

Also - how long after you received your NOA2 did you hear from them?  Is there anything you recommend we do immediately while we are waiting for the NVC packet?  Thanks! 

04/12/18 - Mailed I-129F

04/16/18 - USCIS received I-129F

04/19/18 - NOA1 Notice Date

04/23/18 - NOA1 hardcopy received 

10/16/18 - NOA2

11/13/18 - Received Packet 3

01/08/19 - Interview at Embassy in Bogota

01/16/19 - Visa in hand

01/26/19 - Kelly arrives in US

03/16/19 - MARRIED! 

03/22/19 - Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131

09/05/19 - Notice of Approval for I-765 and I-131 Received

09/11/19 - Employment Authorization card delivered to wrong address, still waiting for it...

11/14/19 - Permanent Residence Interview Schedule

Timeline
8 hours ago, VegasJohn said:

Hi - I'm curious about the divorce decree requirement because my fiancee will be having her interview in Bogota in the coming month or two, and I don't know if the copy I have given her of my divorce decree would be considered "official" - it's the official one I got in the mail from the court, but there's nothing on it to indicate it is a "certified" copy or anything special other than it's the copy from the Court. 

Also - how long after you received your NOA2 did you hear from them?  Is there anything you recommend we do immediately while we are waiting for the NVC packet?  Thanks! 

Hi! I would that you should  go get a new divorce decree with a dry stamp and a wet signature, if you ask for for that in the court,  they will give you that. That was one of the thing that they made us resend.

My wife sent it to me by FedEx without any problem. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, VegasJohn said:

Our case was completed in August 15, and we received our interview day on August 31, about 16 days.

Have all your documents in order and wait that is my best advice. It was an unexpected struggle for us to have to resend documents,  and I hope you don't have to go through that  situation.

Timeline
3 hours ago, jj0109 said:

Our case was completed in August 15, and we received our interview day on August 31, about 16 days.

Have all your documents in order and wait that is my best advice. It was an unexpected struggle for us to have to resend documents,  and I hope you don't have to go through that  situation.

Thanks for the advice - I'm definitely getting everything lined up and will be going to the Family Court tomorrow to get the "original" divorce decree to avoid any issues.  Thank you for the input... 

04/12/18 - Mailed I-129F

04/16/18 - USCIS received I-129F

04/19/18 - NOA1 Notice Date

04/23/18 - NOA1 hardcopy received 

10/16/18 - NOA2

11/13/18 - Received Packet 3

01/08/19 - Interview at Embassy in Bogota

01/16/19 - Visa in hand

01/26/19 - Kelly arrives in US

03/16/19 - MARRIED! 

03/22/19 - Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131

09/05/19 - Notice of Approval for I-765 and I-131 Received

09/11/19 - Employment Authorization card delivered to wrong address, still waiting for it...

11/14/19 - Permanent Residence Interview Schedule

Timeline
20 hours ago, VegasJohn said:

Thanks for the advice - I'm definitely getting everything lined up and will be going to the Family Court tomorrow to get the "original" divorce decree to avoid any issues.  Thank you for the input... 

No problem! If there's anything else I can help with, let me know, and I'll do my best to give you advice. I recommend calling NVC periodically to check on the interview date if you haven't heard anything from them yet. It took them about a week for them to say they received our documents. Good luck with everything. It will be over soon enough 😊.

Timeline

Subscribing....

Sincerly,

Alfredo and Denisse

K1 Timeline

Spoiler

May 25 2018 - I-129F Sent to USCIS (Dallas) 

May 10 2018 - Received hard copy letter of NOA1 (Application in California Processing)

Oct 1 2018 - Expedite requested via Phone call

Oct 15 2018 - NOA2 Notice Date 

Oct 17 2018 - NOA2 Received via mail

Nov 01 2018 - USCIS Ships Petition to NVC

Nov 09 2018 - NVC received Case (25 Days of Waiting from NOA2)

Nov 16 2018 - Case number assigned (7 Days from receipt)

Nov 19 2018 - NVC expedite email submitted

Nov 19 2018 - DS-160 submitted online

Nov 27 2018 - Received email K1-FTP from NVC w/ attachment

Nov 27 2018 - CEAC "In Transit" sent electronically to Bogota (11 Days from Case Number Assignment)

Nov 29 2018 - Case arrived at the Embassy...NVC says "Ready"

Dec 3 2018 - Lab Work

Dec 4 2018 - Fingerprints and Medical Exam

Dec 6 2018 - Interview Results "Must reschedule"

Dec 13 2018 -  Packet 3/4 received via Email (14 Days from receipt at Embassy)

Jan 18 2019 -  Interview Part 2 (Approved)

Jan 24 2019 - Visa/Passport in Hand

Jan 27 2019 - POE Miami, FL

March 30 2019 - Married 

AOS, EAD, AP Timeline

Spoiler

April 17, 2019 - Forms I-485, I-786, and I-131 sent to to USCIS (Chicago)

April 24, 2019 - Text messages rcvd with case number (7 days of waiting from sending Forms I-485, I-786, and I-131)

April 29, 2019 - NOA1 received hard copy (12 days of waiting from sending Forms I-485, I-786, and I-131)

May 6, 2019 - ASC Appointment notice for fingerprints (20 days of waiting from sending forms)

May 13, 2019 - BioMetrics completed (27 Days after mailing of forms)

RFE 2019 - RFE was for translation copy of Beneficiary Birth Certificate.

Aug 01, 2019 - NOA for Form I485 (AOS)

Sep 5, 2019 - Interview @Durham USCIS

Sep 12, 2019 -  Receipt of Permanent Resident card (5 months from mailing of I-485)

• 8 months later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Buenos dias, alguien sabe si la embajada de Bogotá puede devolverme mi pasaporte que esta en proceso administrativo para poder viajar a otro pais?? Leí en la pagina de la embajada que si mi visa esta en proceso administrativo ellos me lo pueden devolver si lo necesito y luego cuando termine el proceso administrativo me lo piden para estampar la visa, pero eso lo leí en la seccion de visas de No inmigrante y la mia es de inmigrante entonces me quedó la duda.. ya les escribi un correo pero no me responden 😕. Saben de alguien que haya hecho esto?

On 5/10/2018 at 10:48, jj0109 said:

Hola a todos  

Mi esposa tuvo su entrevista el 2 de octubre en la embajada en Bogotá, Colombia. No aprobaron su visa, pero tampoco la negaron. Guardaron su pasaporte y todos sus documentos y nos necesitaron para encontrar un nuevo patrocinador conjunto y enviar un decreto de divorcio certificado de mi matrimonio anterior. Ambas cosas ya se han vuelto a presentar. ¿Alguien me puede dar una estimación de cuánto tiempo podría llevar este proceso en la embajada en Bogotá? Ahora estamos en proceso administrativo y los plazos de las experiencias de todos parecen muy variables. Estamos muy ansiosos por esto, por lo que cualquier consejo sería muy apreciado. Hasta ahora, CEAC muestra que nuestro caso fue tocado el día después de su entrevista (3 de octubre), pero nada ha cambiado desde entonces. ¡Gracias de antemano!   

Hola me esta pasando lo mismo, me dejaron en PA por los ingresos.. ya llevo 2 meses esperando, cuanto tardo tu proceso?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Nos tomo 1 semana aproximadamente, mi cita fue el 2 de octubre y despues de enviar Todo, demoraron unos dias, ya el 17 estaba aqui en USA. En nuestro Caso nos pidieron el acta de divorcio de mi esposa original, y otro sponsor.

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A post advertising outside websites has been removed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.