MerHam

Interview timeline after nvc case submission

24 posts in this topic

Our case was transfered to casablanca consulate on 08/15/2018 .status on nvc website shows case ready for interview .we have  not heard yet of any updates .however our k1 /i129 petition will expire on 11/10/2018.tried calling and sent many emails .any advice out there will be greatly appreciated .thx!

Where are you sending the emails? You should be emailing IVCasablanca@state.gov 

Be sure to include the petitioner and beneficiary's full names, birth dates and your NVC case number. They don't answer the phone so calling is useless. Generally they will respond to emails sent to IVCasablanca@state.gov within anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks. Keep emailing them every week or so until they respond. 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

See my 'About Me' section on my profile for a more detailed step by step journey of our K1 Journey through the Casablanca consulate in Morocco

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Bonjour

Roumailli mon dossier a ètè transfere au consulat de casablanca le 4 avril  2018 et jusqu'a maintenant j'ai pas encore reçu la date d'interview. 

Cela qui concerne envoye les emails c'est une mensonge personne va te repondre dans le consulat  et aussi sur les appele telephonque 

sanaa .It is mentioned that they extend the petition automatically .it is upsetting as disappointing when you have to arrange few things around that matter .according to the website they are 3 to 4 months backed up because of the DV program (peak season now).i hope you hear something soon.:)

Sanaa if you received  the automated responce from the consulat check under the k1 visa and they state how far they are backed .to get an updated information try to send another email to ivcasablanca@state.gov and you are  going to receive an instant responce(automated)and please read the info under the k1 visa .also there is a page on visajourny website that shows upcoming interviews and it s approximate.let me.know

sanaa are you the petitioner or benificiary? There is an nvc inquiry procedure that the petitioner can follow i will be glad to provide that information .somehow the nvc can interfere (not always) since the consulate is the sole party the process the cases after submission from the nvc

I am trying to find a way how to post a step by step process (jpeg format) so either you or your petitioner can submitt an nvc inquiry normally they respond whithin couple weeks .I am.not sure if you are familiar with case status look up on nvc website and   if you have looked it up already what does it say ? do you know?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.