Laanie

Packets 3&4 and Medical Exam concerns

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Since ceac.gov says that my visa is "ready," I'm assuming that it has been received by the embassy. Is it okay to go ahead and request an electronic copy of these packets. Or should we wait to receive a confirmation email from the embassy (that they have received our case from NVC).

My fiance is concerned about the medical exams because we are confused about the medical history portion (which it seems is required). We've found all his vaccines (and that took some time). What "kind" of medical history are they looking for?? He's a healthy guy, no real problems or chronic illnesses. The system is pretty decentralized and doctors don't seem to really give out "medical histories." Furthermore, he currently doesn't have health insurance, he recently finished his job contract and didn't renew it because he will be coming here. 

Please help me, fellow Colombians and fellow gringos w/ Colombians on Visa Journey. All advice is appreciated. 

Edited by Laanie
tags

Timeline

Also do we need to have a notarized and translated copy of the birth certificate for the interview? He just went to el registro and got the one they give, the one that is essentially a copy (they keep the originals in a big binder) that has the stamp, date, and signature. 

Edited by Laanie
mistake

Timeline

I (petitioner) emailed the embassy as soon as our case reached "ready" status. The embassy then called my fiance the following business day to confirm her email address, and then sent Packets 3 and 4. I recommend this as it seems some people wait 3-4 weeks for the embassy to contact. From there we got an interview date about 3 weeks after submitting the DS-160.

We did not have a translated birth certificate for the interview, the spanish signed/stamped copy was sufficient. Although we are getting a translation  too because I believe it is required later for AOS.

I will have to check with my fiance what she took beside vaccination records to the medical examination.

Timeline

Regarding the medical historia clinica, she did not take anything. I think it really is necessary if you have had any recent surgeries or sickness. Total cost for the examination was around 665 mil pesos, paid in cash.
Good luck! Things should move faster now :)

Timeline

@Kp8521 so I contacted the embassy to ask them to email and ask if they received the package (it says ready) and their rote response is "We will notify when the physical package is received." And told me to contact the NVC. The NVC said they don't send the physical package unless solicited. So a little frustrated by the confusion/slowness when it's so close to the finish. 

I guess I should just wait. But it's already been two weeks since the ceac.gov read "READY."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.