BnK

October 2018 AOS Filers

78 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Drillerone said:

what about the income part what should I put in that part? I am not working yet since i just got here in the US...  what is that part for anyway everything on this form is way too much for me sorry for asking so much :( i just can't seem to move forward  :(

Screenshot (2).png

PS your US Citizen sponsor needs to be filling out the I864, not the foreign applicant as the info refers to the USC's info and income.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

PS your US Citizen sponsor needs to be filling out the I864, not the foreign beneficiary.

he is working every day so I am helping him out so that we can move and I want to know everything about the forms so that I can explain him what this is all about.

1 minute ago, Drillerone said:

he is working every day so I am helping him out so that we can move and I want to know everything about the forms so that I can explain him what this is all about.

Right but the income amount has nothing to do with the foreigner's income.....

1 minute ago, Drillerone said:

so should i just leave it blank that part?

Which part? The income part?

No the USC sponsor has to report their income.....

Timeline
Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

Which part? The income part?

No the USC sponsor has to report their income.....

that means I need all his info for that? coz all i do here is prepare the documents and fill them out. but this one is very confusing for me. 

2 minutes ago, Drillerone said:

that means I need all his info for that? coz all i do here is prepare the documents and fill them out. but this one is very confusing for me. 

Yes, lol. The I864 is a financial sponsorship form. It is filled out in perspective of the USC Sponsor not the foreigner. He will need all of his financial documents (taxes, employment and assets info if he is using that to prove he meets the financial poverty guidelines). Do you remember the I134 Affidavit of Support. This is that but a legally binding contract to be financial responsible for the foreign applicant for many years.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Please see my previous post. I edited it.

i got it.. on his day off we have to discuss about it and i'll show him your messages thank you

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi October 2018 filers! I'm wondering if any of you guys have interview schedules already or had AOS application approved? My status has been 'Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview' since November 2018. It's been 4 months now and still no interview appointment.  

Also, do you guys have any ideas which filers are getting AOS approval at the moment? I'm from California and I understand it varies from different states.

Thanks in advance for your help!

8 minutes ago, mariediena said:

Hi October 2018 filers! I'm wondering if any of you guys have interview schedules already or had AOS application approved? My status has been 'Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview' since November 2018. It's been 4 months now and still no interview appointment.  

Also, do you guys have any ideas which filers are getting AOS approval at the moment? I'm from California and I understand it varies from different states.

Thanks in advance for your help!

It varies from local field office to local field office. Do you know what your LFO is exactly?

Timeline

Thank you. I believe it's Sacramento, California. 

5 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

It varies from local field office to local field office. Do you know what your LFO is exactly?

Thank you. I believe it's Sacramento California. 

7 minutes ago, mariediena said:

Thank you. I believe it's Sacramento, California.

Knowing over believing is much better.

Input your Zipcode here please and tell me what it says. Then I can show how to look up your processing times.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Timeline
49 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Knowing over believing is much better.

Input your Zipcode here please and tell me what it says. Then I can show how to look up your processing times.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Thank you for the link. Yes, it states Sacramento. I've used this other link to check my processing time: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ . It indicates that it's 11.5- 45.5 months. I think the 1-4 years estimate is just too vague so I'm hoping to get more real time answers here in this forum, especially those in which Sacramento is there LFO. I used the 'Immigration Timeline' here but I don't see a lot in Sacramento (or I might just not be using the timeline correctly :) ) . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.