BnK

October 2018 AOS Filers

78 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, BnK said:

Nope, you didnt. I don't think so. I actually hated that I applied for SSN first. For some reason our office here is not familiar with the process even if the first time I went there, I specified that it is under K1 (its not everyday they have to process K1. Had to go back to the office after waiting over a month to talk to another officer and stressed again that its a K1 process-got it a week later. I also wanted to change my name when I went there,bringing with me my marriage cert but they said NO-I didn't wanna argue with them anymore. So I would need to go back there again once I get my GC or EAD card to change my name. 

This delayed my AOS filing I have to wait for my actual SSN to arrive so I can put my SSN nos in the forms.

I applied my K2's SSN thru EAD, btw.

you've been through a lot :( . I feel like i am in a dark room and don't know what to do  :( 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Do you have health insurance now though because you got your SSN?

yep we applied immediately after our wedding. I was just added under my husbands insurance.They did send a letter though that they need my SSN.

It took us a while to reply, plus my son doesn't have his yet. Turned out ok. We've actually used it already

10/10/17 : Application Sent

10/16/17 : NOA1

04/09/18 : RFE (Just needed to check No on Criminal History which we already did when we filed)

04/13/18 : RFE HARDCOPY RECEIVED

04/16/18 : RFE REPLY SENT TO CA

04/18/18 : RFE RECEIVED by USCIS

04/27/18 : NOA2  (Completely Silent NOA)

05/14/18 : NVC CASE RECEIVED

05/15/18 : NVC CASE NUMBER

05/18/18 : IN TRANSIT / EMAIL received

05/20/18 : CASE READY

06/4-5/18 : MEDICAL

06/07/18 : INTERVIEW - Approved

06/11/18 : Administrative Processing 

06/13/18 : Issued K1

06/18/18 : Issued K2 (AP 6/14)

06/21/18 : VOH

06/28/18 : CFO

07/12/18 : FLIGHT/POE

WEDDING ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

AOS

10/01/18 : Application Sent (I-1485, I-765, I-131)

10/**/18 : NOA1

10/**/18 : Biometrics Schedule

10/**/18 : Interview Schedule

10/**/18 : Approval

Timeline
2 hours ago, BnK said:

NAME XXXXXXXXXXX

ADDRESS XXXXX

Phone: XXXXXX

Email: XXXXXXXXX

U.S Citizen and Immigration Services

PO Box 805887

Chicago, Il 60680-4120

Re: I-485, Application to adjust Status (K1)

Applicant: XXXXXXXX

A-XXXXXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam,

Attached is the I-485 Application to Adjust Status from K1 fiancee visa. Included in this mailing is the application packet for my son, XXXXX.

Included in the documentation are:

Ø  Check for $ 2,450 (with k2, fee is only $1140+85)

Completed Form I-485 for XXXXXX and XXXXXX

Ø  2 pcs 2X2 pic for XXXXXX and  XXXXX

Ø  Copy of Passport and Visa Page

Ø  Copy of Birth Certificate

Ø  Copy of I-94 for XXXXX and XXXXXX

Ø  Copy of I-797 Notice of Action

Ø  Copy of Marriage Certificate

Ø  DS 3025 (Vaccination Documentation)

Completed Form I-864

Ø  Copy of Sponsor’s Birth Cert and Passport Page

Ø  Certificate of Employment and W2

Ø  Income tax return  for 2017 and 2016

Ø  Past 6 mos payslips

Completed Form I-765  

Ø  2 pcs 2X2 pic 

Ø  Copy of I-94 

Ø  DS 3025 (Vaccination Documentation) 

Completed Form I-131 

Ø  2 pcs 2X2 pic 

Ø  Copy I-94 

I enclosed this in my mail @Drillerone . I grouped the forms with their corresponding support documents. Just make sure you go to USCIS website for the updated forms.

I may have overdone the supporting documents for Form 1-864, but I just submitted everything I have. Hope this makes filling those forms up easier for you!

What is the Form I-131 I looked for it in google it says Application for Travel Document... did you submit all of these forms all at once?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Drillerone said:

you've been through a lot :( . I feel like i am in a dark room and don't know what to do  :( 

yep. I actually remember how relieved I was after we finally sent our application. It hasnt been long since we just applied last month but it actually feels like a distant memory already...hahaha

It'll get better.

04/09/18 : RFE (Just needed to check No on Criminal History which we already did when we filed)

WEDDING ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

AOS

4 minutes ago, BnK said:

yep we applied immediately after our wedding. I was just added under my husbands insurance.They did send a letter though that they need my SSN.

It took us a while to reply, plus my son doesn't have his yet. Turned out ok. We've actually used it already

See that's good! 

If you are unable to get HI because you failed to obtain your SSN before marriage that's a pretty big issue. 

Not only will the foreign spouse not be covered (and that could be dangerous) but also the health mandate is still in affect for 2018. 

When the USC goes to file their taxes as married filing jointly for 2018 (because you need to do that as a requirement to prove your marriage is bonafide at the interview), they will be penalized for the foreign spouse not having health insurance. That cost in 2018 is $685 per adult or 2.5% of the total income reported, whichever is greater.

Still think it's a good idea to wait until after marriage and the EAD approval to get that SSN....?

Timeline
1 minute ago, BnK said:

yep. I actually remember how relieved I was after we finally sent our application. It hasnt been long since we just applied last month but it actually feels like a distant memory already...hahaha

It'll get better.

so glad for you... i am still far ways though i am just beginning  my journey to stacks of paper works lol

Timeline
Just now, Drillerone said:

What is the Form I-131 I looked for it in google it says Application for Travel Document... did you submit all of these forms all at once?

yup. That is so you can come back here in case you wanna go home for a vacation for a few months

WEDDING ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

AOS

14 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I wouldnt bother to go to the SSA. You wont be able to apply in your married name as it does not match the name on your I94 or passport.

You can apply for the SSN using your maiden name. 

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 11/15/2018 at 6:17 PM, BnK said:

yup. That is so you can come back here in case you wanna go home for a vacation for a few months

how's everything for you? is there any progress yet? I am still completing the form I-864 (affidavit of support) and kinda confusing about the part where it is asking for the Sponsor's Household :(

Do I put 1 into Number 3 or just leave it blank? Coz we are married already

Screenshot (1).png

19 minutes ago, Drillerone said:

how's everything for you? is there any progress yet? I am still completing the form I-864 (affidavit of support) and kinda confusing about the part where it is asking for the Sponsor's Household :(

Do I put 1 into Number 3 or just leave it blank? Coz we are married already

Screenshot (1).png

Blank

Timeline
3 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Blank

what about the income part what should I put in that part? I am not working yet since i just got here in the US...  what is that part for anyway everything on this form is way too much for me sorry for asking so much :( i just can't seem to move forward  :(

Screenshot (2).png

4 minutes ago, Drillerone said:

thank you so much...

You're welcome!

PS if you have yet to file AOS you might want to join the January 2019 AOS Filers group. 

It will be more current for the process you are going through with filling out the AOS documents. While it's good to be in here for research, it might not be of much help as everyone in here is unactively just waiting as we filed in Oct 2018.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You're welcome!

PS if you have yet to file AOS you might want to join the January 2019 AOS Filers group. 

It will be more current for the process you are going through with filling out the AOS documents. While it's good to be in here for research, it might not be of much help as everyone in here is unactively just waiting as we filed in Oct 2018.

thank you so much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.