nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

Just now, NeedMoreCoffee said:

You will probably get scheduled before me at this point. Its a little too soon for you to be on the May 22 Oath i think. You may get the June 19 one. Ill probably get the one in July when my residency status is expired. 

So they do the oath every month lol I didn’t know is there a website for the schedule.. 

i wish you best luck!

13 hours ago, Nathan619 said:

So they do the oath every month lol I didn’t know is there a website for the schedule.. 

i wish you best luck!

It depends on your state/city. My state does it 2x a month, some state has them more often, other states have them every few months. You can look up the schedule for your area!

15 hours ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

I know right!? :D San Diego! All other San Diego filers got their Oaths in a reasonable time frame. I just think its a combination of bad luck and a bad N-400 interview\IO that interviewed us. I am 100% sure you wont have to wait this long.

Wow! i had no idea you are still waiting. Mine now says it under Quality Review ...whatever that means smh! My green card still hasnt arrived. :(

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
16 hours ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

I know right!? :D San Diego! All other San Diego filers got their Oaths in a reasonable time frame. I just think its a combination of bad luck and a bad N-400 interview\IO that interviewed us. I am 100% sure you wont have to wait this long.

I am in San Diego too, and I have been waiting Oath for more than a month now... Good luck to both of us 🙂

I passed my interview last 5/1 and I am now just waiting for my Oath. Thank you everyone for the input!

Spoiler

PD: May 24, 2012

09.12.2013 NOA 2 (email)

09.17.2013 NOA 2 Hard copy

09.26.2013 Case received by NVC

10.08.2013 Case number and IIN

10.09.2013 DS-261 sent

10.10.2013 AOS bill invoice received; In Process

10.10.2013 Case expedited. Shipped to USEM Manila

10.12.2013 AOS "Paid"

10.22.2013 Physical case at USEM; DS260 sent

10.23.2013 Medical Day 1; Received email waiving my interview schedule

10.24.2013 Medical Day 2

10.25.2013 Interview Date, Approved

10.30.2013 Visa received! Best birthday gift ever! 

11.06.2013 Attended PDOS

11.20.2013 POE at Guam 

11.26.2013 SSN Card Received by mail

01.15.2014 Green Card received! Finally! 

Spoiler

N400

10.28.2018 Application submitted, NOA1

11.03.2018 Biometrics scheduled

11.23.2018 Biometrics done

03.26.2019 Interview scheduled

05.01.2019 Interview done, approved

06.20.2019 Oath Ceremony

On 5/3/2019 at 10:57 AM, nompish said:

Wow! i had no idea you are still waiting. Mine now says it under Quality Review ...whatever that means smh! My green card still hasnt arrived. :(

Yuuuup! After my interview it took two weeks for me to get an update. It went from Interview Scheduled to Quality Review and then instantly to In line for Oath Ceremony. So I am assuming the person who interviewed me put it on the supervisors desk where they got to it and reviewed it two weeks later. 

About your green card... i dont think you will be getting it. They told me since they approved both the I-751 and N-400, they wont be sending me the PRC. i just have to wait for the Oath. it may be the case for you too. but who knows. Some get it. some dont i guess :D

I read online that USCIS has 120 days to make a decision on your case after your interview. So worst case scenario... 120 days. but im sure you should hear back soon! and hopefully get your Oath scheduled fast aswell!

Good luck.

Filed: Timeline
5 hours ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

About your green card... i dont think you will be getting it. They told me since they approved both the I-751 and N-400, they wont be sending me the PRC. i just have to wait for the Oath. it may be the case for you too. but who knows. Some get it. some dont i guess :D

We had a combo interview, and received a new permanent green card in about 3 days. At the same time, oath notice was mailed. So -  permanent green card is very possible. 

2 hours ago, br9k said:

We had a combo interview, and received a new permanent green card in about 3 days. At the same time, oath notice was mailed. So -  permanent green card is very possible. 

One of the lucky ones! Congratz!

Filed: Timeline
27 minutes ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

One of the lucky ones! Congratz!

Perhaps that's to balance out having to live for over 6 months without an actual green card, with only a stamp in a passport. Which, in turn, resulted in countless hours my wife (and I, when we traveled together) spent at the CBP secondary coming back from abroad. 

Got my passport on Friday 3 May and took that with me today to get my SSN updated at my local social security office. All done, took about 10 minutes. :) 

I don't have my certificate back yet from the passport office, but my USA passport was sufficient evidence as proof of citizenship and photo ID. The adviser was friendly, went through my ss-5 form and asked me to confirm the answers. Beforehand he told me this was an interview and I was under oath to tell the truth etc.

He printed out my information - name, address, parents info - and asked me to confirm all was correct. I had the option of declining a new card as it will look the same as my current one. But, I said yes as I have an apostrophe in my surname that's on my current card and not on my certificate or passport, and I'd like for all the official systems to line up. That apostrophe has caused me all sorts of delays at the airport. LOL.

So in 7-10 days I should get my new SSN card, but as of midnight tonight, my status should show on all formal systems as a citizen. Woo-hoo! 

On 4/30/2019 at 12:42 PM, GoodbyeGirl said:

So, found out at my local social security office today, that you cannot update  your status without the original citizenship certificate.

I brought a copy, because the passport office currently has the original. 

Another plus for expediting your passport application if you want to get your Social Security updated and squared away as soon as possible. 

I wasn’t too sure, so thought I’d give it a try.  Hopefully I’ll have my passport in the next couple of weeks and will try again. 😊

Edited by GoodbyeGirl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

On 5/3/2019 at 12:57 PM, nompish said:

Any news? I hope you get in for the one on the 9th! 

6 hours ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Got my passport on Friday 3 May and took that with me today to get my SSN updated at my local social security office. All done, took about 10 minutes. :) 

I don't have my certificate back yet from the passport office, but my USA passport was sufficient evidence as proof of citizenship and photo ID. The adviser was friendly, went through my ss-5 form and asked me to confirm the answers. Beforehand he told me this was an interview and I was under oath to tell the truth etc.

He printed out my information - name, address, parents info - and asked me to confirm all was correct. I had the option of declining a new card as it will look the same as my current one. But, I said yes as I have an apostrophe in my surname that's on my current card and not on my certificate or passport, and I'd like for all the official systems to line up. That apostrophe has caused me all sorts of delays at the airport. LOL.

So in 7-10 days I should get my new SSN card, but as of midnight tonight, my status should show on all formal systems as a citizen. Woo-hoo! 

Congats! It's great to know that you actually got it within 3 weeks for the expedited fee! You are 100% an American now! Yay!

Well, I get to keep my UK citizenship so does that mean I'm 100% British and American now, or half and half. LOL. :) But thanks! 

How's the study going? 

5 minutes ago, Butterfly83 said:

Congats! It's great to know that you actually got it within 3 weeks for the expedited fee! You are 100% an American now! Yay!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

2 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Well, I get to keep my UK citizenship so does that mean I'm 100% British and American now, or half and half. LOL. :) But thanks! 

How's the study going? 

Definitely 100% and 100% lol. It's going well, thanks. So much anxiety but it will be all over next week finally!

LOL.

I totally get the anxiety, I kept getting severe brain fog on anything to do with Benjamin Franklin. Luckily I wasn't quizzed about him on the day.

Not long for you now, I can't wait to hear how it goes so best of luck! You're so close to the finishing line. :) 

6 minutes ago, Butterfly83 said:

Definitely 100% and 100% lol. It's going well, thanks. So much anxiety but it will be all over next week finally!

Edited by GoodbyeGirl

Outcome

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.