umairsidd

Permanent resident Wife un-employed is the sponsor

4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Hi,

I reside in Saudi Arabia. My wife, who is a permanent resident is my main sponsor, as she is un-employed for the last 5-6 years, therefore my uncle became my joint sponsor. We have submitted all the related documents to NVC (i.e Form I-864 from my wife - stating she is un-employed & Form I-864 from my uncle as he is joint sponsor) .

Last week we sent our IV & AOS package to NVC also. Today i received an email from NVC as some information is missing, mentioned by NVC as below:

"Regarding Evidence of Income for Financial Sponsor or Household Member: My wife's name

If there are supporting documents missing:  Send the missing documents to the principal applicant so he or she can take them to the visa interview. Do not send the documents to NVC.

Please gather the below requested financial evidence:

Your _________________2017__________________ IRS transcript or U.S. income tax return

If you were not required to file a Federal U.S. income tax return for _____________2017______________________, attach a typed or printed explanation of the reason. If you are eligible for an exemption for any reason other than your income level, you must also include evidence of the exemption and how you are eligible for it."

My question is that what document we need to prepare to show to the counselor at the interview? Should we prepare a type explanation of the fact that since she was un-employed thats why we couldnt submit her returns?  Currently they are asking Not to send the missing document to NVC, while they schedule our interview.

Regards

Umair Siddiqui 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

she needed to send a letter explaining why she isn't required to file taxes along with her i864

so you will need that letter for your interview

• 3 months later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Hi aieful,

Thanks for your reply. Is there some specific text for this letter or she can simply provide me a typed and signed letter mentioning that since she was un-employed, therefore she had zero income and was exempted to file income tax returns.

Regards

Umair Siddiqui

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 10/2/2018 at 5:11 AM, umairsidd said:

Hi,

I reside in Saudi Arabia. My wife, who is a permanent resident is my main sponsor, as she is un-employed for the last 5-6 years, therefore my uncle became my joint sponsor. We have submitted all the related documents to NVC (i.e Form I-864 from my wife - stating she is un-employed & Form I-864 from my uncle as he is joint sponsor) .

Last week we sent our IV & AOS package to NVC also. Today i received an email from NVC as some information is missing, mentioned by NVC as below:

"Regarding Evidence of Income for Financial Sponsor or Household Member: My wife's name

If there are supporting documents missing:  Send the missing documents to the principal applicant so he or she can take them to the visa interview. Do not send the documents to NVC.

Please gather the below requested financial evidence:

Your _________________2017__________________ IRS transcript or U.S. income tax return

If you were not required to file a Federal U.S. income tax return for _____________2017______________________, attach a typed or printed explanation of the reason. If you are eligible for an exemption for any reason other than your income level, you must also include evidence of the exemption and how you are eligible for it."

My question is that what document we need to prepare to show to the counselor at the interview? Should we prepare a type explanation of the fact that since she was un-employed thats why we couldnt submit her returns?  Currently they are asking Not to send the missing document to NVC, while they schedule our interview.

Regards

Umair Siddiqui 

Don’t overthink. The instructions are simple and as you interpret them literally, that’s all there is to it. One key to getting suitable wording is to go to the IRS explanation of when you don’t need to file a return, identity which reason applies to your wife, and quote it in your answer 

for example ..  as stated in the IRS documentation, I am not required to file a tax return for the tax year 2017 because ..... 

no more complicated than that . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.