C&AH

Interview Scheduled

11 posts in this topic

I called NVC today and they gave me the interview date by phone. Nov 29: one year to the day of our NOA1!

They said we should receive our letter in a few days. The NVC rep said that I am not required to attend.  My question here is: Does the embassy in Santo Domingo allow petitioner spouses to accompany? The NVC rep wasn't able to give a definite answer. I really want to attend if possible because I'm almost afraid to not attend. And I need to know soon in terms of flight scheduling (the longer one wait, the higher the airfare). Advice?

Edited by C&AH

Congratulations!  Yes, the Embassy in Santo Domingo allows the petitioner to attend the interview.   I was hoping for a November date as well, but I won't have CC til next week, and it looks like they are already at the the end of the month for scheduling. 

11 hours ago, C&AH said:

I called NVC today and they gave me the interview date by phone. Nov 29: one year to the day of our NOA1!

They said we should receive our letter in a few days. The NVC rep said that I am not required to attend.  My question here is: Does the embassy in Santo Domingo allow petitioner spouses to accompany? The NVC rep wasn't able to give a definite answer. I really want to attend if possible because I'm almost afraid to not attend. And I need to know soon in terms of flight scheduling (the longer one wait, the higher the airfare). Advice?

Congrats!!! I wont be able to attend I will be giving birth on 11/16 via c-section and my husband interview date is 11/20.  I have a high risk pregnancy and two rep's told me pregnant women will not be allowed to get into the embassy anyway. But yes you are able to attend. I just received my interview letter today via email.

5 hours ago, Beltre0519 said:

Congrats!!! I wont be able to attend I will be giving birth on 11/16 via c-section and my husband interview date is 11/20.  I have a high risk pregnancy and two rep's told me pregnant women will not be allowed to get into the embassy anyway. But yes you are able to attend. I just received my interview letter today via email.

My sister is high risk and can't attend hers either. Prayers for your family!

15 minutes ago, amaria29 said:

My sister is high risk and can't attend hers either. Prayers for your family!

Thank you so much! I wanted to be there but god has other plans. My health and baby comes first he will be ok lol. I just finished making his fingerprints appointment. Hope all goes well with your sister also. Wishing you a successful interview : ) 

4 minutes ago, Beltre0519 said:

Thank you so much! I wanted to be there but god has other plans. My health and baby comes first he will be ok lol. I just finished making his fingerprints appointment. Hope all goes well with your sister also. Wishing you a successful interview : ) 

Thank you, it will be fine! You too! 

We received our letter today and it says that the petitioner isn't required to attend.  I'm not sure if that is a standard form letter portion or if it is in fact a positive sign. Anyway,  I called the embassy and the rep said I am not required to attend but would be welcome to be there.  Further,  it will be up to the CP officer if I'm allowed to come into the interview. Not sure about that one but we will obviously follow their directives without question. I do plan to attend and hope to be part of the interview. Either way, we just want this whole thing to be over and all to run smoothly. Prayers appreciated. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2018 at 4:59 PM, C&AH said:

We received our letter today and it says that the petitioner isn't required to attend.  I'm not sure if that is a standard form letter portion or if it is in fact a positive sign. Anyway,  I called the embassy and the rep said I am not required to attend but would be welcome to be there.  Further,  it will be up to the CP officer if I'm allowed to come into the interview. Not sure about that one but we will obviously follow their directives without question. I do plan to attend and hope to be part of the interview. Either way, we just want this whole thing to be over and all to run smoothly. Prayers appreciated. 

How did the interview go?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.