Jump to content
Hello729

Huge problem K-1

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all, 

I scheduled my k1 interview appointment for oct 29.  However, I just noticed that the appointment confirmation showed an old ds160 which I completed for a tourist visa a long time ago.  I cannot find my new k1 ds160 in the system anywhere.  I don’t know if in should do it, but I ended up canceling the interview appointment because the ds160 is not the right one.  Now the whole country is shut down for a week because of china holidays.  I think I just screwed everything up!  What should I do?  

 

I appreciate all the answers that we can get. Thank you all. 


Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i also had my b1/b2 form in my profile... i just had to update the ID number of the new DS-160 and ready!


04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview

01/21/19 - POE! Hopefully

 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

 

age.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kyle&Ana said:

i also had my b1/b2 form in my profile... i just had to update the ID number of the new DS-160 and ready!

How do I update it with the new ds160 I’d number?


Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kyle&Ana said:

i also had my b1/b2 form in my profile... i just had to update the ID number of the new DS-160 and ready!

How do I update the ID number of the new DS-160?


Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hello729 said:

Hi all, 

I scheduled my k1 interview appointment for oct 29.  However, I just noticed that the appointment confirmation showed an old ds160 which I completed for a tourist visa a long time ago.  I cannot find my new k1 ds160 in the system anywhere.  I don’t know if in should do it, but I ended up canceling the interview appointment because the ds160 is not the right one.  Now the whole country is shut down for a week because of china holidays.  I think I just screwed everything up!  What should I do?  

 

I appreciate all the answers that we can get. Thank you all. 

Compounding to the problem, I canceled my original K1 appointment because I panicked when the confirmation letter showed the old ds160 ID.  Now I am so worried and I don’t know how to fix it?


Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if i made the same mistake because my fiancee had applied for a tourist visa a whole ago. Does anyone know if the Case ID number on the CGI visa account refers to your NVC number or DS160 number. I just used my nvc case number

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JayHouser said:

I wonder if i made the same mistake because my fiancee had applied for a tourist visa a whole ago. Does anyone know if the Case ID number on the CGI visa account refers to your NVC number or DS160 number. I just used my nvc case number

Good question because I was wondering the same thing!  I also ended up using the case number.  


Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JayHouser said:

I wonder if i made the same mistake because my fiancee had applied for a tourist visa a whole ago. Does anyone know if the Case ID number on the CGI visa account refers to your NVC number or DS160 number. I just used my nvc case number

 

1 hour ago, Hello729 said:

Good question because I was wondering the same thing!  I also ended up using the case number.  

Submit an inquiry at the CGI website, tell them your case number and your name and your new application ID, they will correct it. 

 

What is CGI reference number for US visa fee?

 

Your passport number. The CGI reference number from your Visa Fee receipt. Click here if you need help finding this number. The ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page.

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/AppointmentConfirmation

Just follow the link  https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/applicanthome click on Provide Feedback on the menu on the left, chose "Online system errors" on the "reason" drop down menu, write about the discrepancy for the new DS-160 application number and the schedule confirmation they sent you in the "comments" box, and attached a photo of the DS-160 application confirmation. Later you'll get an email with the a schedule confirmation that had the new DS-160 application number.

 

Hello729, reschedule a new interview date. Everything can be fixed. Don't panic and stop what your doing till you get clarification.

Edited by Greenbaum

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

 

Submit an inquiry at the CGI website, tell them your case number and your name and your new application ID, they will correct it. 

 

What is CGI reference number for US visa fee?

 

Your passport number. The CGI reference number from your Visa Fee receipt. Click here if you need help finding this number. The ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page.

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/AppointmentConfirmation

Just follow the link  https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/applicanthome click on Provide Feedback on the menu on the left, chose "Online system errors" on the "reason" drop down menu, write about the discrepancy for the new DS-160 application number and the schedule confirmation they sent you in the "comments" box, and attached a photo of the DS-160 application confirmation. Later you'll get an email with the a schedule confirmation that had the new DS-160 application number.

 

Hello729, reschedule a new interview date. Everything can be fixed. Don't panic and stop what your doing till you get clarification.

Hey Greenbaum im a little confused? How do i know if they have the wrong DS160 number. I can't even find it on the CGI site?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JayHouser said:

Hey Greenbaum im a little confused? How do i know if they have the wrong DS160 number. I can't even find it on the CGI site?

Once you submit your new DS160 then if you have a second one you'll get an error message indicating such. If no error message appears you dodged a bullet. 


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

 

Submit an inquiry at the CGI website, tell them your case number and your name and your new application ID, they will correct it. 

 

What is CGI reference number for US visa fee?

 

Your passport number. The CGI reference number from your Visa Fee receipt. Click here if you need help finding this number. The ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page.

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/AppointmentConfirmation

Just follow the link  https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/applicanthome click on Provide Feedback on the menu on the left, chose "Online system errors" on the "reason" drop down menu, write about the discrepancy for the new DS-160 application number and the schedule confirmation they sent you in the "comments" box, and attached a photo of the DS-160 application confirmation. Later you'll get an email with the a schedule confirmation that had the new DS-160 application number.

 

Hello729, reschedule a new interview date. Everything can be fixed. Don't panic and stop what your doing till you get clarification.

Thank you @Greenbaum!


Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Once you submit your new DS160 then if you have a second one you'll get an error message indicating such. If no error message appears you dodged a bullet. 

Okay and so sorry for being a little slow on this buddy but the error message would have appeared on the CGI website or the actual site where I completed the DS160? 

 

And the case number on the CGI site refers to NVC number right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

 

Submit an inquiry at the CGI website, tell them your case number and your name and your new application ID, they will correct it. 

 

What is CGI reference number for US visa fee?

 

Your passport number. The CGI reference number from your Visa Fee receipt. Click here if you need help finding this number. The ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page.

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/AppointmentConfirmation

Just follow the link https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/applicanthome click on Provide Feedback on the menu on the left, chose "Online system errors" on the "reason" drop down menu, write about the discrepancy for the new DS-160 application number and the schedule confirmation they sent you in the "comments" box, and attached a photo of the DS-160 application confirmation. Later you'll get an email with the a schedule confirmation that had the new DS-160 application number.

 

Hello729, reschedule a new interview date. Everything can be fixed. Don't panic and stop what your doing till you get clarification.

Thank you @Greenbaum  Just to clarify:  do I have to log into cgi first to send them a comment.  I am asking because I am getting a page cannot be found when I tried to click on the link?


Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×