darth vader

Canadian August+September 2018 Case Complete To Interview For Spousal Visa Filers Thread

711 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Kat & Jim said:

Kapen, I also have a question for you. What Type of Visa did you file for - was it a 1R-1/CR-1 Spousal Visa ?

Hi, @kapen, we just want to try to figure out why there’s a long delay in your case. Most of the people who CC’d in Sept. already has an interview date. I hope you won’t mind. Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Can someone who has already had their medical in Montreal confirm that since they had chicken pox as a kid they did not need the varicella vaccine? And do you need proof that you had chickenpox or can you just orally tell the doctor?

Timeline
Just now, Alyssamac90 said:

Can someone who has already had their medical in Montreal confirm that since they had chicken pox as a kid they did not need the varicella vaccine? And do you need proof that you had chickenpox or can you just orally tell the doctor?

I had chicken pox as a child and they didn’t care. I either had to get vaccinated or get a blood test proving immunity. Not sure if all doctors are the same, but it’s probable.

your family doctor can order the test too. I think it was called a titer test. I didn’t have time for the results so I just got vaccinated again.

Consulate - Montreal, Canada

• I-130 sent - 2018-01-10
  • I-130 NOA1 - 2018-01-17
  • I-130 approved - 2018-06-23
  • NVC received - 2018-07-16
  • Received AOS + IV Invoices - 2018-08-08
  • Paid IV fee - 2018-08-08
  • Paid AOS fee - 2018-08-08
  • All submitted to NVC - 2018-08-11
  • Case Complete - 2018-08-23
  • Interview - 2018-11-27 

Timeline
1 minute ago, tnn2018 said:

I had chicken pox as a child and they didn’t care. I either had to get vaccinated or get a blood test proving immunity. Not sure if all doctors are the same, but it’s probable.

your family doctor can order the test too. I think it was called a titer test. I didn’t have time for the results so I just got vaccinated again.

Was it one vaccination and you just got it done at the medical? Did you do yours in Montreal?

Timeline
Just now, Alyssamac90 said:

Was it one vaccination and you just got it done at the medical? Did you do yours in Montreal?

I got two done twice. 

MMR and Varicella (chicken pox) - dose one. Four weeks later I got them both again.

i had my medical exam in BC, not Montreal.

• Interview - 2018-11-27 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, tnn2018 said:

I got two done twice. 

MMR and Varicella (chicken pox) - dose one. Four weeks later I got them both again.

i had my medical exam in BC, not Montreal.

Did you get them all done before your medical/interview or can you get the second booster after?

Timeline
Just now, BChance said:

Did you get them all done before your medical/interview or can you get the second booster after?

I had my first doses done at the medical and the second doses done at a pharmacy before my interview.

• Interview - 2018-11-27 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, tnn2018 said:

I had my first doses done at the medical and the second doses done at a pharmacy before my interview.

My interview is in a month, now I’m worried about the two shots one month apart. I called Medisys in Montreal and they said as long as I got one, it would be okay....

Timeline
Just now, BChance said:

My interview is in a month, now I’m worried about the two shots one month apart. I called Medisys in Montreal and they said as long as I got one, it would be okay....

My doctors told me the same, so it should be fine. They told me that I could get the second doses four weeks later so I got the second doses then because I don’t like to leave anything longer than necessary with this process haha. But that was just personal choice. I could have gotten them done after my interview though.

• Interview - 2018-11-27 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, tnn2018 said:

My doctors told me the same, so it should be fine. They told me that I could get the second doses four weeks later so I got the second doses then because I don’t like to leave anything longer than necessary with this process haha. But that was just personal choice. I could have gotten them done after my interview though.

Thanks. How would they know you followed through and got the second shot though?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, BChance said:

Thanks. How would they know you followed through and got the second shot though?

Would that put you into AP until embassy receives notice of shots? Oh god, now I’m worrying about every little detail.... ugh this is so hard

Timeline
Just now, BChance said:

Would that put you into AP until embassy receives notice of shots? Oh god, now I’m worrying about every little detail.... ugh this is so hard

I feel like I’m at the end of what I can answer. My doctor told me that they would note that there wasn’t sufficient time for me to get my second immunizations because of how close the interview was to the 28 day mark and that it wouldn’t affect my visa.

i didn’t provide proof that I had gotten the second immunizations but I did bring the vaccination records to the interview just in case.

• Interview - 2018-11-27 

Timeline

Wouldn't it be faster for you to get a titer test done, unless you haven't had chickenpox before? Mine didn't take very long with my doctor, maybe a week tops?

I also had my childhood vaccinations from ImmunizeBC requested and that took a bit longer - about 2-3 weeks. But it would only work if you were born in BC and therefore was vaccinated here. https://immunizebc.ca/immunization-record-cards

Edited by skyzee

Timeline
7 hours ago, skyzee said:

Wouldn't it be faster for you to get a titer test done, unless you haven't had chickenpox before? Mine didn't take very long with my doctor, maybe a week tops?

I also had my childhood vaccinations from ImmunizeBC requested and that took a bit longer - about 2-3 weeks. But it would only work if you were born in BC and therefore was vaccinated here. https://immunizebc.ca/immunization-record-cards

Thanks Skyzee but where I live in Mexico, they don’t have titer tests. I grew up in Alberta and they only keep records from 1985 forward. I have those but not from 1960’s to 70’s. I’ve checked with Alberta Health and they have nothing. I will call Medisys once more today to calm my frayed nerves....

Edited by BChance

Timeline
1 hour ago, BChance said:

Thanks Skyzee but where I live in Mexico, they don’t have titer tests. I grew up in Alberta and they only keep records from 1985 forward. I have those but not from 1960’s to 70’s. I’ve checked with Alberta Health and they have nothing. I will call Medisys once more today to calm my frayed nerves....

Hi BChance 😋

Obviously I don’t know specifically about your records from Alberta Health but I was born in Edmonton Alberta (currently live in BC) and called Alberta Health 7 months ago In May 2018 and they send me my immunization records. I was born in the early 60’s and my records show different results from 1963 to about 1975. At first when I called the lady said she couldn’t find anything. She asked me several questions about me, my mom, different names that I might have used, where I might have lived and couldn’t find anything. Then she asked my birthdate and she said that’s why I can’t find anything, she had to request a search for my records from micro-film or micro-fiche (don’t remember which she said). I guess since they are older records they wouldn’t have a result doing a normal computer search and the information wasn’t transferred to a computer system back at that time. I have a letter dated May 8/2018 with my records and I think it took under 2 weeks to get the information.

So, I don’t know if this information helps you but it might be worth a try to call again and ask. (Phone number in letter to call is: 780-4137985). Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

Service Center: Nebraska 

Consulate: Montreal, Canada 

Marriage: 1994-07-02

I-130 Sent: 2017-11-13

I-130 NOA1: 2017-11-17

I-130 RFE: 2018-06-01 (Requested Large Marriage Certificate-Applied to Government for Certificate)

I-130 RFE Sent: 2018-06-29

USCIS Email Received acknowledging receipt of RFE: 2018-07-10-same date shows received on USCIS website.

I-130 Approval NOA2 Letter received with Notice date of: 2018-08-10

I-130 Approved-NOA2 USCIS Website: 2018-08-13 

USCIS Email received stating we sent your case to NVC on: 2018-08-20 (Email received: 2018-09-13)

NVC Received Case: 2018-08-27-Date received by phone call to NVC-advice given to call NVC 7 days after case sent to NVC

Called and also emailed NVC to ask question about New Requirement for Police Certificate Effective Sept 10th: 2018-09-07, was advised would take 8 weeks for case number from date received at NVC. (Only took 3 weeks)

Received Case number: 2018-09-18-Email Received 

Received AOS & IV Bill: 2018-09-18-Email Received

Paid AOS & IV Bills: 2018-10-09

CEAC website shows AOS & IV as "Paid":  2018-10-11 (2 business days) 

IV Application (DS260) completed: 2018-11-01

Submitted AOS & IV Documents: 2018-11-04

Case Complete: 2018-11-09 

Interview date received by phone call and email: 2018-12-17

Interview Date: Jan 25, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. 

Interview Complete: APPROVED ! 🙂🙂

Passport/Visa received at home address in BC: 2019-02-01

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.