darth vader

Canadian August+September 2018 Case Complete To Interview For Spousal Visa Filers Thread

711 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2018 at 12:54 PM, Loois said:

We have not yet received our tracking number, so I'm guessing that means our passport has not yet been sent out? 😕 We're still hoping for it by the end of the week, but not too sure - will let you know!

We freaked out so much before too! Definitely normal. One thing that really hit home to us after the whole ordeal is just that it sounds like everyone's experience can be super different, so try not to worry/stress about other people's problems on VJ potentially being your own. All we could do was hope for the best, plan for the worst. Being over prepared also helps ease nerves! Best of luck - sending good vibes :)

Hey Loois, we got a CEAC status update to issued and final processing yesterday.  But still awaiting the tracking number, the ais website where you sign up for courier service still has my status as “appointment”.  Are you in the same situation?

I don’t know why, but I jsut expected that when we get the CEAC update that our visa is in final processing,  that our tracking number will arrive almost simultaneously.  Hopefully my passport is not lost between visa being printed and the mailroom 🙄

On 12/15/2018 at 11:42 AM, Loois said:

We think (purely speculation) that the consulate must have had a pretty good idea on whether they wanted to accept us or not well before we went in for the interview. We also read elsewhere that prior to the interview stage, the government runs very thorough background and possibly social media checks on people beforehand, so they may very well know tons about you before.

For us, the interview stage seemed like just like you said, to double check their own records and check off some of the last few boxes. I'm sure they can ask for whatever extra documents they want over and above what someone originally submits to the NVC. Luckily seemed not to be the case for us. I'm hesitant to say this will be the same experience for everyone, since it sounds like it could be hit or miss depending on each applicant's circumstances.

I agree with this – the sense I got (just my own impression) at my interview was that by the time they call you up a second time  to do the actual interview (you’re called up a first time to submit requested docs), they have a good idea of how they want to proceed and how they want to use the interview, ex. check final details,, reaffirm info, explain what new info needed. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/18/2018 at 11:27 PM, dunky said:

Quick question for folks who have had their interview scheduled. We received an email with the subject, "Immigrant Visa Interview Appointment". Is this the letter you presented at your medical appointment and the consulate, or did you also receive a physical letter that you took to the interview?

Thanks.

I'm not someone obviously who has had their interview, but just in case you do not get a reply from someone that has had their interview, that yes the letter/email you received (I received the same thing) is what you present at the medical appointment and the Consulate. I remember reading this on another Thread, by another VJ member that asked the same question. I don't think another letter is going to be sent. I am going to look again for this question and answer (for my use also). Will let you know if I find it. If I'm am wrong please, anyone that has had there interview please comment and let us know.  

My interview is the same date as yours,  Fri Jan 25. If you don't mind me asking what time is your interview ? (its OK if you do not want to give the time) My interview is at 9:00. maybe we will see you there. 

Service Center: Nebraska 

Consulate: Montreal, Canada 

Marriage: 1994-07-02

I-130 Sent: 2017-11-13

I-130 NOA1: 2017-11-17

I-130 RFE: 2018-06-01 (Requested Large Marriage Certificate-Applied to Government for Certificate)

I-130 RFE Sent: 2018-06-29

USCIS Email Received acknowledging receipt of RFE: 2018-07-10-same date shows received on USCIS website.

I-130 Approval NOA2 Letter received with Notice date of: 2018-08-10

I-130 Approved-NOA2 USCIS Website: 2018-08-13 

USCIS Email received stating we sent your case to NVC on: 2018-08-20 (Email received: 2018-09-13)

NVC Received Case: 2018-08-27-Date received by phone call to NVC-advice given to call NVC 7 days after case sent to NVC

Called and also emailed NVC to ask question about New Requirement for Police Certificate Effective Sept 10th: 2018-09-07, was advised would take 8 weeks for case number from date received at NVC. (Only took 3 weeks)

Received Case number: 2018-09-18-Email Received 

Received AOS & IV Bill: 2018-09-18-Email Received

Paid AOS & IV Bills: 2018-10-09

CEAC website shows AOS & IV as "Paid":  2018-10-11 (2 business days) 

IV Application (DS260) completed: 2018-11-01

Submitted AOS & IV Documents: 2018-11-04

Case Complete: 2018-11-09 

Interview date received by phone call and email: 2018-12-17

Interview Date: Jan 25, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. 

Interview Complete: APPROVED ! 🙂🙂

Passport/Visa received at home address in BC: 2019-02-01

Timeline
On 12/19/2018 at 10:33 AM, Invisigoth said:

Update:  Husband and I received an email on December 17, 2018 setting our interview date for January 14, 2018.  Timeline updated.

Happy Holidays to all,

Invisigoth

Copied from Canadian October + November 2018 Case Complete To Interview For Spousal Visa Filers Thread. 

Posted Tuesday at 09:04 AM (amended Thursday Dec 20, 2018)

So, it looks like so far Appointments scheduled for January/2019 are: 

Sept CC

Alyssamac90    CC Sept 21 - Interview Fri Jan 11

BChance            CC Sept 26 - Interview Mon Jan 14

Poppyseed        CC Sept 25 - Interview Fri Jan 18 

Tbrown2691     CC Sept 27 - ?? (No Interview yet ?)

October CC 

LaurenJSchafer    CC Oct 01 - Interview Thurs Jan 24 

dunky                      CC Oct 05 - Interview  Fri Jan 25 

LLabout                  CC Oct 10 - Interview Thurs Jan 31 

miel27                     CC Oct 15 - Interview Thurs Jan 10 

MissMyHusband   CC Oct 17 - Interview Mon Jan 14

KN2018                  CC Oct 17 - Interview Tues Jan 15 

Sonata Arctica      CC Oct 17 - Interview Fri Jan 18 

Nonmart                CC Oct 17 - Still waiting - No interview yet ?

Invisigoth               CC Oct 17 - Interview Mon Jan 14

bizzai                      CC Oct 18 - Interview Tues Jan 22 

November CC 

Pinkyone19         CC Nov 01 - Interview Weds Jan 16

Kat & Jim            CC Nov 09 - Interview Fri Jan 25

torcida1950        CC Nov 19 - Interview Jan 29 

Beekay                CC Nov 21 - Still waiting - No interview yet ?

I think thats all so far, for Jan 2019 interviews booked. Hope there is no one that has been missed. Feel free to add your name if missed or make corrections for mistakes made. The scheduling of interviews for January/2019 was kind of wonky this time, maybe more interview time slots were opened up. Still extremely happy that I my interview was booked😊, also very happy for everyone else. Hope Nonmart and Beekay are booked soon. Good luck to all that have interviews. 

Happy Holidays back to you and your husband as well Invisigoth !

Service Center: Nebraska 

Consulate: Montreal, Canada 

Marriage: 1994-07-02

I-130 Sent: 2017-11-13

I-130 NOA1: 2017-11-17

I-130 RFE: 2018-06-01 (Requested Large Marriage Certificate-Applied to Government for Certificate)

I-130 RFE Sent: 2018-06-29

USCIS Email Received acknowledging receipt of RFE: 2018-07-10-same date shows received on USCIS website.

I-130 Approval NOA2 Letter received with Notice date of: 2018-08-10

I-130 Approved-NOA2 USCIS Website: 2018-08-13 

USCIS Email received stating we sent your case to NVC on: 2018-08-20 (Email received: 2018-09-13)

NVC Received Case: 2018-08-27-Date received by phone call to NVC-advice given to call NVC 7 days after case sent to NVC

Called and also emailed NVC to ask question about New Requirement for Police Certificate Effective Sept 10th: 2018-09-07, was advised would take 8 weeks for case number from date received at NVC. (Only took 3 weeks)

Received Case number: 2018-09-18-Email Received 

Received AOS & IV Bill: 2018-09-18-Email Received

Paid AOS & IV Bills: 2018-10-09

CEAC website shows AOS & IV as "Paid":  2018-10-11 (2 business days) 

IV Application (DS260) completed: 2018-11-01

Submitted AOS & IV Documents: 2018-11-04

Case Complete: 2018-11-09 

Interview date received by phone call and email: 2018-12-17

Interview Date: Jan 25, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. 

Interview Complete: APPROVED ! 🙂🙂

Passport/Visa received at home address in BC: 2019-02-01

14 hours ago, MC1 said:

Hey Loois, we got a CEAC status update to issued and final processing yesterday.  But still awaiting the tracking number, the ais website where you sign up for courier service still has my status as “appointment”.  Are you in the same situation?

I don’t know why, but I jsut expected that when we get the CEAC update that our visa is in final processing,  that our tracking number will arrive almost simultaneously.  Hopefully my passport is not lost between visa being printed and the mailroom 🙄

Hi MC1,

I just checked and our CEAC status was also updated to “Issued” as of December 18th, but still no tracking number 😕 hoping to hear something at least by tomorrow since it seems like everything will be on lockdown for most of next week!

I'm not sure how to check the AIS website so not sure what our status is showing as there. 

Fingers crossed!

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Kat & Jim said:

Copied from Canadian October + November 2018 Case Complete To Interview For Spousal Visa Filers Thread. 

Posted Tuesday at 09:04 AM (amended Thursday Dec 20, 2018)

So, it looks like so far Appointments scheduled for January/2019 are: 

Sept CC

Alyssamac90    CC Sept 21 - Interview Fri Jan 11

BChance            CC Sept 26 - Interview Mon Jan 14

Poppyseed        CC Sept 25 - Interview Fri Jan 18 

Tbrown2691     CC Sept 27 - ?? (No Interview yet ?)

October CC 

LaurenJSchafer    CC Oct 01 - Interview Thurs Jan 24 

dunky                      CC Oct 05 - Interview  Fri Jan 25 

LLabout                  CC Oct 10 - Interview Thurs Jan 31 

miel27                     CC Oct 15 - Interview Thurs Jan 10 

MissMyHusband   CC Oct 17 - Interview Mon Jan 14

KN2018                  CC Oct 17 - Interview Tues Jan 15 

Sonata Arctica      CC Oct 17 - Interview Fri Jan 18 

Nonmart                CC Oct 17 - Still waiting - No interview yet ?

Invisigoth               CC Oct 17 - Interview Mon Jan 14

bizzai                      CC Oct 18 - Interview Tues Jan 22 

November CC 

Pinkyone19         CC Nov 01 - Interview Weds Jan 16

Kat & Jim            CC Nov 09 - Interview Fri Jan 25

torcida1950        CC Nov 19 - Interview Jan 29 

Beekay                CC Nov 21 - Still waiting - No interview yet ?

I think thats all so far, for Jan 2019 interviews booked. Hope there is no one that has been missed. Feel free to add your name if missed or make corrections for mistakes made. The scheduling of interviews for January/2019 was kind of wonky this time, maybe more interview time slots were opened up. Still extremely happy that I my interview was booked😊, also very happy for everyone else. Hope Nonmart and Beekay are booked soon. Good luck to all that have interviews. 

Happy Holidays back to you and your husband as well Invisigoth !

I'm so happy everyone is getting interviews... I see I got jan 31 yet mine was CC oct 10th... wish it was a little earlier in the month, but beggars cant be choosers I guess.   

Congrats to all :)

25 minutes ago, Loois said:

Hi MC1,

I just checked and our CEAC status was also updated to “Issued” as of December 18th, but still no tracking number 😕 hoping to hear something at least by tomorrow since it seems like everything will be on lockdown for most of next week!

I'm not sure how to check the AIS website so not sure what our status is showing as there. 

Fingers crossed!

Just checked with my husband: our AIS status is also at “appointment”... 😕

Timeline
On 10/17/2018 at 5:56 PM, arellah said:

Oooh thanks for letting us know. I'm awaiting mine, too!

Does anyone know when you pay the immigrant visa fee? Is there a link on a website or do you pay when you have your interview? Also we decided not to have a courier for visa delivery, but instead to pick it up at postal office. Do couriers deliver on the weekend?

59 minutes ago, MissMyHusband said:

Does anyone know when you pay the immigrant visa fee? Is there a link on a website or do you pay when you have your interview? Also we decided not to have a courier for visa delivery, but instead to pick it up at postal office. Do couriers deliver on the weekend?

We got the CR-1 visa and the instructions we have is that we need to pay online after we receive the visa and before we enter the US. They give you a link on the green info slip once you pass. At this point, we’re just waiting for the visa to physically come in the mail l.

It might be different for other visas though. 

15 minutes ago, Loois said:

We got the CR-1 visa and the instructions we have is that we need to pay online after we receive the visa and before we enter the US. They give you a link on the green info slip once you pass. At this point, we’re just waiting for the visa to physically come in the mail l.

Edited by MC1
Thought you got your visa in hand was saying congrats, heh

Timeline
On 12/12/2018 at 10:35 PM, SKB2017 said:

My interview is on December 21 and I will be asking that question for myself, so I will let you know what they say.

How was your interview? Did you ask them about pick up?

Timeline
On 12/21/2018 at 11:50 AM, Loois said:

Thank you, that is the same visa as I will be getting. Merry Christmas!

Timeline
On 12/22/2018 at 11:17 AM, Alyssamac90 said:

How was your interview? Did you ask them about pick up?

Sorry guys,  I did not get a chance to ask if pick up at the Consulate was possible or not.  My interview was literally less than 4 minutes and I had to ask her a few other questions and totally forgot to ask about that.  I was approved btw, yay.  I had packed up and left my apartment before we came to Montreal and are planning to leave for California right from here whenever I get my passport back, so we are here in an airbnb in  Montreal for the Christmas Holidays. 

CR-1 Visa
Texas Service Center
Montreal, Canada Consulate
Canadian Beneficiary/US Petitioner

Married: Nov 15, 2017
NOA1/PD Date: Jan 5, 2018
I-130 Approved: July 6, 2018 (6 months wait)
NVC Received Case: July 18, 2018 (12 days wait)
Received Case Number: August 10, 2018 (23 days wait)
Paid AOS & IV Bill: August 10, 2018
Was marked "PAID" August 15, 2018 at the CEAC site. (3 business days wait)

Filled out DS-261 & Supporting Docs: Tuesday August 21 2018

Uploaded AOS Forms & Supporting Docs: Friday August 24 2018

Case Complete: September 13, 2018

Appointment Date Email: November 9, 2018

Appointment Date: December 21, 2018

Visa Approved: December 21, 2018

Picked up Visa from Post Office: December 31, 2018

Received SSN: January 4th, 2019

Received GC in Mail: March 24, 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.