a7choi

Question regarding EAD status: New Card Is Being Produced

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hello,

The USCIS just updated the status on my wife's EAD status to "New Card Is Being Produced." Obviously, this means that her EAD has been approved and will be sent out.

However, when we applied for her I-485, we included applications for her AP as well as EAD, but her AP case status remains unchanged.

From my understanding, when an application for an EAD and AP are submitted with the I-485, applicants receive some sort of "combo card" upon approval.

Will we get a combo card, or just the EAD? It would be very unfortunate if we just receive an EAD.

Also, roughly how long does it take for USCIS to make these cards and mail them out?

Just for some background, we submitted her I-485, I-765 and I-131 applications mid March. She came to the U.S. sometime in late February through a K1 visa.

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, a7choi said:

Hello,

The USCIS just updated the status on my wife's EAD status to "New Card Is Being Produced." Obviously, this means that her EAD has been approved and will be sent out.

However, when we applied for her I-485, we included applications for her AP as well as EAD, but her AP case status remains unchanged.

From my understanding, when an application for an EAD and AP are submitted with the I-485, applicants receive some sort of "combo card" upon approval.

Will we get a combo card, or just the EAD? It would be very unfortunate if we just receive an EAD.

Also, roughly how long does it take for USCIS to make these cards and mail them out?

Just for some background, we submitted her I-485, I-765 and I-131 applications mid March. She came to the U.S. sometime in late February through a K1 visa.

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

AP will not change-
So long as u applied for both together, you will receive the combo card once EAD is approved (which is your case)

Typically, from ur status update, expect the card within 5 days to 2 weeks (depending on ur location)

Congratulations on ur approval!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

When you receive the EAD card, make sure it says (at the bottom of card usually) something like this "SERVES AS I-512 ADVANCE PAROLE". If it says that then that is your combo card.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

AP will not change-
So long as u applied for both together, you will receive the combo card once EAD is approved (which is your case)

Typically, from ur status update, expect the card within 5 days to 2 weeks (depending on ur location)

Congratulations on ur approval!

Awesome!! Thank you so much! We're so excited!!

I found it kind of odd that the AP page didn't get updated for some reason as we did apply for these together. 

27 minutes ago, Sunnyland said:

When you receive the EAD card, make sure it says (at the bottom of card usually) something like this "SERVES AS I-512 ADVANCE PAROLE". If it says that then that is your combo card.

Thanks for the heads up! Thank you so much!

I am in the same boat as your wife (applied for EAP and AP together). When my case was updated online, only made reference to my EAP application number.

I was emailed on Monday 09/24/2018 to say a card would be arriving in the post. It came today on 09/26/2018. It also serves as AP parole document. As said above it states it on the bottom of the card

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Andreafitz said:

I am in the same boat as your wife (applied for EAP and AP together). When my case was updated online, only made reference to my EAP application number.

I was emailed on Monday 09/24/2018 to say a card would be arriving in the post. It came today on 09/26/2018. It also serves as AP parole document. As said above it states it on the bottom of the card

Awesome! Thank you so much for the information!! And congrats on receiving your EAD/AP. We never received an email in regards to the card. We just checked the USCIS case status page every day.. Lol. I guess now we'll have to be on the lookout for an email? Thanks again!

Last Wednesday Sept 21st I recieved notification via email that my case had been updated and when loggin I recieved a msg that a card was on the way. Monday 24th Sept then I recieved 2 letters "notice of action" to state my applications had been approved and a card would be on the way. 

Apologies I said Monday was for the email re the post but it was in fact yesterday. And then card arrived today. 

So all in all a week since my case was updated on their website. 

Thank you v much, thrilled and delighted for you and your wife with impending good news on the way. Ive been playing stake out with the post lady ha

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Andreafitz said:

Last Wednesday Sept 21st I recieved notification via email that my case had been updated and when loggin I recieved a msg that a card was on the way. Monday 24th Sept then I recieved 2 letters "notice of action" to state my applications had been approved and a card would be on the way. 

Apologies I said Monday was for the email re the post but it was in fact yesterday. And then card arrived today. 

So all in all a week since my case was updated on their website. 

Thank you v much, thrilled and delighted for you and your wife with impending good news on the way. Ive been playing stake out with the post lady ha

Ahh, I see. I haven't received email notifications for some reason even though we submitted the form to receive email notifications. I understand how you totally feel, so I'm very happy for you! These past 6.5 months have been extremely painful financially and emotionally as well. :( Just out of curiosity, when did you submit your application for the EAD/AP? Again thank you so much!! And I hope you don't run into any bumps in the future! Good luck with everything. :) 

1 minute ago, a7choi said:

Thank you and likewise to you both even though i know this is part of another process ahead of us. Has been the hardest time not working and inability to leave country should emergency arise. Luckily we are both on the way of being out of that now. 

So i activated the email notifications online when i logged in. I cannnot recall about filling it in on form. 

Sent my paperwork in beginning of May. The USCIS acknowledgment receipts date May 10th 2018. 

FYI, my card does not have a SSN on it

Ive just posted a thread asking about it and someone advised me that after EAD/AP card recieved you have to go to local social security office to apply for SSN

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Andreafitz said:

Thank you and likewise to you both even though i know this is part of another process ahead of us. Has been the hardest time not working and inability to leave country should emergency arise. Luckily we are both on the way of being out of that now. 

So i activated the email notifications online when i logged in. I cannnot recall about filling it in on form. 

Sent my paperwork in beginning of May. The USCIS acknowledgment receipts date May 10th 2018. 

FYI, my card does not have a SSN on it

Ive just posted a thread asking about it and someone advised me that after EAD/AP card recieved you have to go to local social security office to apply for SSN

Yes, this is actually very exciting! The wife's father has been bedridden in the hospital this whole year, so we're definitely looking forward to visiting Korea after we receive our documents.

And thanks much for the heads up on the SSN... We've visited the SS office a few times previously, and they've been pretty unhelpful. Make sure to bring ANY relevant documents (including your I-94, passport, etc.) because the SS office in my area (Los Angeles) is just like there DMV where they'll send you home after a long wait if you're missing anything. Hopefully, you can get your SSN sorted out quickly! :) Good luck with finding work and continuing future immigration related processes.

Great thanks for that. Actually another v helpful person just told me on the EAD form if you selected you a requesting SSN, a SSN card will arrive in the post a week after the EAD card. Must read over copies of my form. 

You too, and hopefully you're wife gets to see her dad soon. Best of luck. Go easy on the postman with rugby tackle excitement 😂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.