Vic D

cr1 reaffirmed case

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My reaffirmed case has been sent to US embassy here in Accra, Ghana since May 03 2018 and no word since from embassy whether they have  received the packet or not or nothing about our second interview.

I want to know do we need to update ds260 form before consulate contact us?

Or wlmy wife in US and I here in Ghana have to wait till have a call from embassy or consulate?

Pls I have tried calling embassy here in Ghana and no response.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you will not have to redo the ds 260 but when advised that Ghana has scheduled interview (and no one knows when case was actually sent or received) but you will need new medical exam

they could also ask for new police report but as one of our VJ members had to  get one for reaffirmegd case in Senagal

Timeline
1 hour ago, Vic D said:

My reaffirmed case has been sent to US embassy here in Accra, Ghana since May 03 2018 and no word since from embassy whether they have  received the packet or not or nothing about our second interview.

I want to know do we need to update ds260 form before consulate contact us?

Or wlmy wife in US and I here in Ghana have to wait till have a call from embassy or consulate?

Pls I have tried calling embassy here in Ghana and no response.

Yes that ds260 form need to be updated and it will automatically send the form to the embassy in Ghana from the NVC.

This is the website that you have to go through it  

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

Timeline
1 hour ago, Vic D said:

Ds260 if needed to be updated means we pay cost again online?

My wife doubts that because if we are to update it then means we pay again.

Right or wrong?

Pls I need ur answer.

Wrong pls . there is no need to pay visa fees again for any reaffirmed case unless it's a fresh case which you do have to pay visa fees.

The website will request your case number and your invoice number which the NVC gave to you after your previous payment for the visa fees indicating that you are not suppose to pay visa fees again.

Timeline
5 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

you will not have to redo the ds 260 but when advised that Ghana has scheduled interview (and no one knows when case was actually sent or received) but you will need new medical exam

they could also ask for new police report but as one of our VJ members had to  get one for reaffirmegd case in Senagal

they need to update ds260 if nothing change still have to resubmit ds260 no fees need to be paid. medical need to be done and new police report is needed

Timeline
4 hours ago, Vic D said:

Ds260 if needed to be updated means we pay cost again online?

My wife doubts that because if we are to update it then means we pay again.

Right or wrong?

Pls I need ur answer.

out of the responds you have gotten so far where did you read any where that states you have to pay again?? I have read all replies and dont see NO where someone said you have to pay again.

To answer your other question how will the embassy contact you Ghana does what they want how they want i want to tell you the straight truth some have been called  or emailed meaning the beneficiary also it has been cases that the United States spouse was contacted by email or letter. So like i stated the embassy does what they want to do. for example some people have gotten interview with in a month of their reaffirm case getting to Ghana where others such as your self have had to wait long time with out any word so thats my point they do what they want to BOTTOM line no one can answer that QUESTION FULLY we can only tell you of our case and cases you read about. I Think u posted this question twice and I advised to get congress person involved I had issues with not getting responds to my email inquires so I know i got answer when I had my Congress person to contact Uscis, Nvc, and Embassy each time in this process I received help from congress office.

Edited by Joetan

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Vic D said:

OK.

Have you heard any reaffirmed case issued visa at the end if I may ask?

yes i have seen 3 cases this year might be more but some people dont update after interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
20 hours ago, Moses Bee said:

Yes that ds260 form need to be updated and it will automatically send the form to the embassy in Ghana from the NVC.

This is the website that you have to go through it  

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

Strange NVC did not ask a Senegal man to update his DS 260

he got new interview scheduled in July and recd visa August 28th

the USC needs to start emailing the embassy every week/ may not get a response but it does apply some pressure /to wait this long is just not right

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.