9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi, everyone!

My husband had the AOS interview last week. The interview itself went well enough. The IO barely asked us any questions about our relationship and spent most of the interview going through those standard questions ("will you conspire to commit crimes", "will you engage in prostitution", etc). Towards the end of the interview, the IO asked us if we filed for the EAD and AOS simultaneously (which we did). He then said that he could not make a decision about his case because he is waiting for a form related to my husband's EAD to arrive from their office in Missouri. When I expressed my confusion about this since my husband has had his EAD since March, the IO again stated that we have to wait for this form to come and that a final decision cannot be made without it.  

I've read through a lot of interview experiences on this forum, and I have yet to come across a story similar to ours. Can anyone offer some insight into this form? Should we be worried? Thank you all in advance for your help! :)

It's a beautiful day to go after your dreams :star:

Firstly it is perfectly plausible that the IO has a form of your husbands missing from the file .... don’t panic there is no correlation between this and the questions he asked you 

the questions seem institutionally rascist but hey that’s white america for you, sorry if it insults you BUT you will not have be the only couple asked these uneccessary type of questions ...... don’t worry about it, sit tight and wait, also if you don’t already do it check online with the government tracker, it gives live updates to your case status

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

good luck

I guess I should've clarified that my concern is not about the questions we were asked, but rather it was in regards to this form that prevented my husband from getting approved. If the form is related to the EAD, which he has had for 6 months now, why would this prevent the IO from approving the AOS

have you called USCIS to see how your status is since the interview? check the tracker online? ....

i would not ming betting the IO will locate the form he needs then approve your case...... a friend of mine had a horrible time at interview... he is Nigerian, they split him and his wife up asked hundreds of questions for 2 hours.....

ultimately at the end of the interview they requested more utility bills, he only took his lease and electric bill initially.... he provided that for them, two weeks later his status changed to approved, two weeks after that he received green card..... dont panic 

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Goto your Senator directly. IO was bullshitting you that is only hope. Was your i130 approved?

Edited by A&H2018

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2018 at 11:09 AM, Diamondgeezer said:

have you called USCIS to see how your status is since the interview? check the tracker online? ....

i would not ming betting the IO will locate the form he needs then approve your case...... a friend of mine had a horrible time at interview... he is Nigerian, they split him and his wife up asked hundreds of questions for 2 hours.....

ultimately at the end of the interview they requested more utility bills, he only took his lease and electric bill initially.... he provided that for them, two weeks later his status changed to approved, two weeks after that he received green card..... dont panic 

Thanks for your reply :) 

Yes, I already called USCIS and checked the online tracker. No updates yet...

On 9/22/2018 at 2:27 AM, Diamondgeezer said:

the questions seem institutionally rascist but hey that’s white america for you, ......

What questions would a non-white america ask?

jj

So I have another question for everyone: 

I spoke informally to an immigration lawyer (who is a friend of a friend) about what happened during our interview. She recommended that we write a letter to the IO to request an update. 

Do you guys recommend doing this as well? Or should we just make an InfoPass appointment? Thanks again for everyone's help!! 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.