bariki

I-751 Filers (September 2018)

2,394 posts in this topic

my informed delivery service also shows that another letter is arriving today from USCIS. This is dated 10/22 (somehow visible from the picture). I am hoping this is Biometric. Will update everyone by end of the day today

22 hours ago, FelizContigo said:

Got Biometric letter (10/20) 2 days before NOA1 (10/22, receipt date is 9/19).  My actual Biometric date was 10/31, i did it early on 10/24.

Hi, can you share more about your early walk in experience? Since I will be out of country next month and am afraid will get a biometric schedule, want to do a early walk in like you. Do you need to explain why want to do it earlier? Thanks

1 minute ago, Justarandomdude said:

Hi, can you share more about your early walk in experience? Since I will be out of country next month and am afraid will get a biometric schedule, want to do a early walk in like you. Do you need to explain why want to do it earlier? Thanks

I already did:

On 10/24/2018 at 10:52 AM, FelizContigo said:

Finished early walk-in for biometrics today in MA.

Clean place, courteous staff. Because I was a week early for my appointment they flagged me. Site supervisor asked me why I was here early. I explained my situation (new job starting next week, not sure if they'd let me go). He said sternly, "Next time, keep to your appointment date." I said a lot of thank you's and yes sir's. 

Overall only spent <30 minutes there. The drive was hell because early morning traffic, but got it done!

ROC timeline:

09/17/18 Mailed packet

09/19/18 Delivered (signed by D Hernandez)

09/24/18 Check cashed, Text/Email both received with receipt#

09/28/18 Receipt# started working on USCIS Case Status Online

10/20/18 Received biometrics appointment letter

10/22/18 Received NOA1

10/24/18 Early biometrics walk-in completed

10/25/18 Fingerprint review completed

1 minute ago, Justarandomdude said:

Thank you!!! And congrats.

If you already have a plane ticket, it might be helpful to bring with you. They may or may not talk to you, and they may or may not ask for proof from you. I was lucky that my explanation was enough for the supervisor and didn't need to show proof of my employment start date. 

ROC timeline:

09/17/18 Mailed packet

10/22/18 Received NOA1

Just now, Savannahalexandra said:

Is the Biometrics for the petitioner or for the applicant? 

It's for the petitioner. For example, I am the alien who needs conditions removed on my green card. So I am petitioning my case or sending in my application. I will be receiving the benefits of that petition if it is approved, so I am also the beneficiary. Makes sense?

ROC timeline:

09/17/18 Mailed packet

10/22/18 Received NOA1

Just now, FelizContigo said:

It's for the petitioner. For example, I am the alien who needs conditions removed on my green card. So I am petitioning my case or sending in my application. I will be receiving the benefits of that petition if it is approved, so I am also the beneficiary. Makes sense?

Oh ok, so the biometrics is for the person who needs the conditions removed, right? 

Just now, Savannahalexandra said:

Oh ok, so the biometrics is for the person who needs the conditions removed, right? 

Exactly. 

ROC timeline:

09/17/18 Mailed packet

10/22/18 Received NOA1

25 minutes ago, FelizContigo said:

If you already have a plane ticket, it might be helpful to bring with you. They may or may not talk to you, and they may or may not ask for proof from you. I was lucky that my explanation was enough for the supervisor and didn't need to show proof of my employment start date. 

thank you for that info! It is really helpful to me... and I do have a plane ticket, just not sure if traveling is a good reason to tell. But I am still waiting for the biometric letter though. 

Yeah, nothing to be done until you actually get the letter. Did you file in September?

ROC timeline:

09/17/18 Mailed packet

10/22/18 Received NOA1

9 minutes ago, FelizContigo said:

Yeah, nothing to be done until you actually get the letter. Did you file in September?

9 minutes ago, FelizContigo said:

yes. Starts with WAC, received on 9/28, NOA 10/23. I thought it will take long time to schdule a biometric, until I saw ur post!  And my fd filed last July and no biometric needed. But situation seems different now.

Depends on others with WAC. I'm with EAC, but hopefully USCIS catches up on the paperwork/mailing soon enough for everybody.

ROC timeline:

09/17/18 Mailed packet

10/22/18 Received NOA1

1 minute ago, FelizContigo said:

Depends on others with WAC. I'm with EAC, but hopefully USCIS catches up on the paperwork/mailing soon enough for everybody.

Btw, any result on the “my case status” system?  Mine has nothing but on the new system it shows case was received. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.