MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Aloevera said:

Hello everyone!

I have a question about the 

Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee and the Affidavit of Support Fee?  It says online in the nvc web site that those fees can be payed only by check, but I have never used checks. Can I pay those fees by debit card? 

Thanks

You will need to get your routing number and checking account number from your bank. You don’t have to have an “actual” checkbook. Just the banking info. I also don’t have a check book.  After you’ve paid, it’s about 3 business days to process and that’s when you can start uploading your docs. 

1 hour ago, inneedofmyhb said:

You will need to get your routing number and checking account number from your bank. You don’t have to have an “actual” checkbook. Just the banking info. I also don’t have a check book.  After you’ve paid, it’s about 3 business days to process and that’s when you can start uploading your docs. 

Thanks for your response

On 9/27/2019 at 12:30 PM, Aloevera said:

hello everybody!

It says in the nvc website that the Current case creation time frame: As of 23-SEP-2019, we are working on cases that were received from USCIS on 23-AUG-2019. 

I am wondering when is usually nvc change (update) the current case creation time frame ?

Thanks

From when NVC received my petition to case creation was about 1 month and from what I see with others, it’s about 1 month. I started calling NVC about 2 weeks after approval to at least confirm that they received the petition from uscis. You just provide your receipt number from uscis. Good luck. 

On 9/27/2019 at 12:30 PM, Aloevera said:

hello everybody!

It says in the nvc website that the Current case creation time frame: As of 23-SEP-2019, we are working on cases that were received from USCIS on 23-AUG-2019. 

I am wondering when is usually nvc change (update) the current case creation time frame ?

Thanks

Hi, i called about my case to see if they received it. According to the customer rep i spoke to that information gets updated every Monday afternoon. So you should see a change today. If my math is correct its going to say 8/30/19.

Spoiler

03/04/2019: Mailed I-130 Form to Phoenix lockbox.

03/06/2019: USCIS receives application/priority date.

03/08/2019: Credit card charge went pending.

03/12/2019: NOA1 Text – routed to SRC.

03/16/2019: NOA1 Physical Mail (Notice date 3/11/2019).

08/15/2019: NOA2 Email and Text.

08/20/2019: NOA2 Physical Mail.

08/30/2019: Case sent to NVC.

09/10/2019: NVC received case.

10/04/2019: Received email case creation and paid AOS & IV fees.

10/09/2019: Uploaded and submitted all documents required to NVC.

10/17/2019: Received email that there was a change on our case. I checked and all documents were approved.

10/18/2019: Received email that we are Documentarily Qualified.

10/24/2019: Received immigrant visa interview appointment via email.

57 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

From when NVC received my petition to case creation was about 1 month and from what I see with others, it’s about 1 month. I started calling NVC about 2 weeks after approval to at least confirm that they received the petition from uscis. You just provide your receipt number from uscis. Good luck. 

Ok thanks.

3 hours ago, jimfleurieee said:

Hi, i called about my case to see if they received it. According to the customer rep i spoke to that information gets updated every Monday afternoon. So you should see a change today. If my math is correct its going to say 8/30/19.

It depends on the rep you get. I called on random days of the week until someone told me it was received. 

1 minute ago, inneedofmyhb said:

It depends on the rep you get. I called on random days of the week until someone told me it was received. 

Sorry I forgot to mention but it was received however they will not provide anymore information besides that until they start working on your case.

Spoiler

10/17/2019: Received email that there was a change on our case. I checked and all documents were approved.

24 minutes ago, jimfleurieee said:

Sorry I forgot to mention but it was received however they will not provide anymore information besides that until they start working on your case.

Oh yeah, they won’t give you anymore details. After they received my case, it was about a month for case to be issued. Now I submitted all documents on 9/18 and still pending. 
good luck! 

4 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Oh yeah, they won’t give you anymore details. After they received my case, it was about a month for case to be issued. Now I submitted all documents on 9/18 and still pending. 
good luck! 

Ok thanks. Did we have to send  the financial document. (IRS Transcript , w2)  after we receive the welcome letter?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

good luck! 

Thank you!!! Hopefully next week for me then but it doesn’t look like it since it looks like they are falling behind... i just checked and they are processing 8/28 which only 3 working days from last weeks status.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Aloevera said:

Ok thanks. Did we have to send  the financial document. (IRS Transcript , w2)  after we receive the welcome letter?

Thanks

You wont be able to do that until you first pay the fees. After you paid it will take another week or so for the invoice number.

• Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee
  • Affidavit of Support Fee

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Aloevera said:

Thanks

If they have your email, you will receive the case number and invoice number via email. Once I received that, I logged in and had to first pay the fees, then it took about 3 business days to clear  (I logged in everyday until I saw that the payment said “paid”) and that’s when I was able to start loading all forms. Even though I submitted Last years tax transcript, I saw a few people get a request for the W2 as well, so I went ahead and uploaded that along with a paystub and letter from employer. 

hope that’s helps. 

5 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

If they have your email, you will receive the case number and invoice number via email. Once I received that, I logged in and had to first pay the fees, then it took about 3 business days to clear  (I logged in everyday until I saw that the payment said “paid”) and that’s when I was able to start loading all forms. Even though I submitted Last years tax transcript, I saw a few people get a request for the W2 as well, so I went ahead and uploaded that along with a paystub and letter from employer. 

hope that’s helps. 

👍 thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.