Emlyy

Red Flags on I130?

6 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I'm fixing to file the I-130 for My husband from the UK and need a little input! Ive read conflicting views on how quick you get married.. One I read said that its a red flag then I read another that said as long as they went back home it doesn't matter how quick you got married, should  I be worried about that? Also I am currently unemployed because I am in nursing school.. Should I explain that on the additional info sheet? 

Here's our story:

My husband and I started being in an online relationship May 16, 2016. He flew to Texas for the first time to meet me on December 28, 2017.. We were Not planning on getting married! We were meeting to see if we were compatible in person as we were online.. Well as soon as we met we knew we were meant to be! Since he was supposed to fly back on January 8, 2018 we didn't have much time.. We figured we would get married sometime  but we didn't know when we would be able to see each other again so we got married then! Our wedding day was January 5, 2018. He missed his first flight back home by 10minutes and we had to book a second one for January 23, 2018. 

He came back again August 5, 2018-August 23, 2018 and now we're ready to file! I've done a lot of research on immigration since we got married.. We didn't know much when we got married, all we knew was that he could get married a on the Esta. I have everything done for my forms, I'm ready to send it off! What should we expect? 

If you're unemployed then you'll need a co-sponsor.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

18 minutes ago, Roel said:

If you're unemployed then you'll need a co-sponsor.

Yeah my mom is going to co-sponsor as soon as the time comes for it with the i864

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

The date you married is not important. No red flags.

I think that the "don't marry immediately after entering the US" has way old roots and is for people who go on ESTA and do not return home. They marry, stay, and adjust status. So marrying right after arrival might indicate you planned it all along rather than, "Gosh darn, let's just get married"... new decision that popped up randomly. From experiences I've read, USCIS doesn't care.   But there are those who think USCIS will grill them on if they planned it in advance. So stalling makes it seem unplanned and spur of the moment. Most ESTA entry marriages and adjustment of status tales I've read say they weren't asked about any of that at their AOS interview.

As far as I can remember there is nothing on any of the forms for CR1/IR1 that asks for the date you first met, all they ask for is the marriage certificate and any previous marriage divorce paperwork.

During interview I was asked how my wife and I met, but not when. I don't see any red flags with your scenario.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.