Urva

K1 visa Help

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I applied for k1 visa for my fiancé in Pakistan. I received the approved I-129F from uscis in June 2018. I then received a letter  on July 6 2018 from national visa center stating they transferred my case to US embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan. It has now been over 1 month we have not received any information from the US embassy in Pakistan. 

When I check my visa application case status it says "ready" and I can schedule my interview otherwise wait to be notified for interview appointment. 

Please advise me on the next steps. Should I go ahead and tell my fiancé to get a medical done and then schedule the interview? Or should I wait to be contacted 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Have you filled out your DS-160

and created a profile on USTravelDocs for Pakistan? 

Im not sure of it’s different for Pakistan but,

If not here are the sites you need to go to:

fiance must fill out this form:

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Create profile fill in info and print out visa receipt in order to pay your visa fee at your designated location and then you should be able to schedule an interview at your embassy the next morning after paying your visa fee. 

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk/index.html?firstTime=No

Edited by gsdc23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

In order to pay your visa fee you must bring your DS160 confirmation form and print out the MRV fee bill/receipt from US Travel docs in order to Pay your visa fee. They will tell you the cost on the form. 

Your case being “Ready”’at the embassy for over a month means you could’ve did all this and scheduled your interview a long time ago. You’re almost at the finish line (Well part of the K1 finish line) ! Usually people wait for their packet from the embassy to give them specific instructions, if your fiancé’s embassy do send one, but you can also email the embassy to have them send you the packet electronically if you don’t trust it to be mailed. Then as you wait for your interview you gather all necessary evidence and required documents wanted for the interview day. As far a the requirements for your medical, I’m not sure what the criteria is for medicals in Pakistan, but there will be instructions in the packet the embassy send you or other fellow VJ’ers who have beneficiaries in Pakistan can jump in and give you more accurate info. 

Edited by gsdc23

Timeline
30 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

In order to pay your visa fee you must bring your DS160 confirmation form and print out the MRV fee bill/receipt from US Travel docs in order to Pay your visa fee. They will tell you the cost on the form. 

Your case being “Ready”’at the embassy for over a month means you could’ve did all this and scheduled your interview a long time ago. You’re almost at the finish line (Well part of the K1 finish line) ! Usually people wait for their packet from the embassy to give them specific instructions, if your fiancé’s embassy do send one, but you can also email the embassy to have them send you the packet electronically if you don’t trust it to be mailed. Then as you wait for your interview you gather all necessary evidence and required documents wanted for the interview day. As far a the requirements for your medical, I’m not sure what the criteria is for medicals in Pakistan, but there will be instructions in the packet the embassy send you or other fellow VJ’ers who have beneficiaries in Pakistan can jump in and give you more accurate info. 

Yes I have already filled out the DS-160. I have not paid fees yet. Yeah I was waiting for the packet from the embassy. I'm just confused if I should wait to be contacted or should I go ahead and schedule the interview 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Urva said:

Yes I have already filled out the DS-160. I have not paid fees yet. Yeah I was waiting for the packet from the embassy. I'm just confused if I should wait to be contacted or should I go ahead and schedule the interview 

Can someone please help 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/14/2018 at 12:54 PM, Urva said:

Can someone please help 

Hi.. im a beneficiary aswell and i was in the same situation as yours sometimes they dont mail the instructions i found out they sent the instructions to my lawyer instead so dont worry just go ahead fill up the DS160 form and do your medical and book an appointment.Im giving my interview next month.

Good luck.

Timeline
On 8/24/2018 at 7:55 AM, hassam03 said:

Hi.. im a beneficiary aswell and i was in the same situation as yours sometimes they dont mail the instructions i found out they sent the instructions to my lawyer instead so dont worry just go ahead fill up the DS160 form and do your medical and book an appointment.Im giving my interview next month.

Good luck.

Is it DS160   Or DS260

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/23/2018 at 8:55 PM, hassam03 said:

Good luck.

Sorry to ask again but I am confused. I read the instruction on the embassy website it implies that they send written instruction before the beneficiary can schedule the interview. I am wondering why would Islamabad Embassy send the instructions to the lawyer but not the beneficiary living in Pakistan.  

@hassam03 and @VickeySis can you please share your experience. Did you receive any packet/letter from embassy before you schedule the medical and went for the interview?  

Timeline

Another question for the K1 members from Pakistan.

Just read on the embassy's website that they send out package 3.5... Seems like most of the members didn't receive package 3.5 and went ahead with scheduling the interview based on the email received from NVC. Is this correct?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Baz20 said:

Another question for the K1 members from Pakistan.

Just read on the embassy's website that they send out package 3.5... Seems like most of the members didn't receive package 3.5 and went ahead with scheduling the interview based on the email received from NVC. Is this correct?

We did not receive a packet we went with the NVC email and the status of Ready and of course with experience from others here. Our medical is scheduled next week and interview the week after inshaAllah 

good of luck to all of us inshaAllah inshaAllah inshaAllah may Allah SWT make everyone gain approval and our distance with our loved ones be over soon! AMEENSUMAMEEN 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Baz20 said:

Ameen and thank you.

@Baz20 so I have been reading thru other posts from previous interviews etc...have you scheduled your interview and do you have the affidavit of support together etc???? 

I mailed all documents to my fiancé on Monday 9/17 and it’s just now leaving Chicago praying it gets to Pakistan before interview inshaAllah 

anyway thought I would give you a heads up I seen people with k1 that interviewed and filed i134 like we are supposed to and they were given 221g at interview to submit i864 affidavit of support which is meant for spouse visa. 

Also apparently Islamabad is wanting tax transcripts. I had 2015 tax transcript and w2, but I have the actual tax return and w2 for 2017, 2016....we shall see....oh and police certificate even though it says no everyone recommends to get it. Rather have too much support evidence than not. 

Sorry if you already know this information just trying to help so inshaAllah inshaAllah inshaAllah we can both be successful for interviews 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Timeline

@VickeySisThanks a lot. Really appreciate your advise and help. With all the information you have shared with your fiance - I am sure that he will do well in the interview and get the visa, In Sha Allah.

I filled i129f in April and still waiting for NOA2. I found this forum and found it really helpful (although there is a lack of Pakistan process info). Just trying to understand the process and get ready for the next steps. And yes, I plan to file both i-134 & i-1864. We will also get the police report (although it is not required but to be on the safe side).

Tax transcript is one of the easiest things to get in the entire process. Here is the link https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

If you filled the taxes then IRS will have the last three years of tax transcript on the website. You just need to create the online account and download it for free. 

Edited by Baz20

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.