laramin

hi hows your cr1 interview?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, laramin said:

hi guys. just want to have some info. my interview is at august 17th.. my husband never been married and me never been never had kids.. we both singlw no criminal record or anything . im his first petetion too. im just worried if i get denied so i want to have some info or advice about interview.. 

People here love to help others!  However I think you need to give more info, like which country Embassy?  Many, if not most Embassy's have different policies in regards to locations.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, laramin said:

U.S MANILA EMBASSY sir. 

Yes, that is an easy Embassy, since so many come from the Philippines..  On this site alone there are over 24,000 members tied to the Philippines, WAY more than any other country.  With that said, remember, there are long lines and best to get in line at like 3 or 4 in the morning.  For my wife, it was only an hour from her appointed time until she was out of there.   I assume you did your physical already?

More info here on Manilla:  http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Philippines&cty=Manila

5 minutes ago, Highmystic said:

Yes, that is an easy Embassy, since so many come from the Philippines..  On this site alone there are over 24,000 members tied to the Philippines, WAY more than any other country.  With that said, remember, there are long lines and best to get in line at like 3 or 4 in the morning.  For my wife, it was only an hour from her appointed time until she was out of there.   I assume you did your physical already?

More info here on Manilla:  http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Philippines&cty=Manila

so you mean to say sir. i can get approve?? 90percent of cr1? yes sir. i did my cfo and my medical exam

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
51 minutes ago, laramin said:

hi guys. just want to have some info. my interview is at august 17th.. my husband never been married and me never been never had kids.. we both singlw no criminal record or anything . im his first petetion too. im just worried if i get denied so i want to have some info or advice about interview.. 

If you have all the required documents and evidence the interview is very easy.  They will ask questions about you and your husband, mostly about your husband (things you should easily know).   During the interview, smile and look the CO directly in the eyes when speaking.    Actual interview is 3-5 minutes.      Relax and smile!   :)  

The checklist for the immigrant visa, follow STEP 1-4, with STEP 5 ... read through it, have everything listed there.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/immigrant-visa-application.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Be at your interview 15 to 30 min prior to your appointment time as they won't call you untill your appointment time. Getting there any earlier is just going to make your interview wait that much longer. Complete your profile so we know your country. Others have a flag because they have completed their profile. Once your profile is complete then select your flag and on the next page near the top center of the page select "Embassy Reviews". There you can read about what others have experienced during their interview. Interviews last 5-10 minutes so your are in and out before you know it. Don't forget to ask if you passed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

25 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

If you have all the required documents and evidence the interview is very easy.  They will ask questions about you and your husband, mostly about your husband (things you should easily know).   During the interview, smile and look the CO directly in the eyes when speaking.    Actual interview is 3-5 minutes.      Relax and smile!   :)  

The checklist for the immigrant visa, follow STEP 1-4, with STEP 5 ... read through it, have everything listed there.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/immigrant-visa-application.html

hi what is the immigrant visa fees.  it says. we paid a visa in ceac and affidavid of support so that fees we have to pay at embassy is diffirent?,

14 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Be at your interview 15 to 30 min prior to your appointment time as they won't call you untill your appointment time. Getting there any earlier is just going to make your interview wait that much longer. Complete your profile so we know your country. Others have a flag because they have completed their profile. Once your profile is complete then select your flag and on the next page near the top center of the page select "Embassy Reviews". There you can read about what others have experienced during their interview. Interviews last 5-10 minutes so your are in and out before you know it. Don't forget to ask if you passed.

thank u sure ill complete my profile

15 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

so sir.. 3consulate will interview me? how many are they??

Timeline
33 minutes ago, laramin said:

hi what is the immigrant visa fees.  it says. we paid a visa in ceac and affidavid of support so that fees we have to pay at embassy is diffirent?,

There are NO fees paid at the embassy.   You paid your visa fee through NVC before they scheduled the interview.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 hours ago, laramin said:

so sir.. 3consulate will interview me? how many are they??

Process is something like this:

Once you check-in at the "tent" outside, enter the embassy.

Clear security, follow instuctions then...

You will be called to a window to complete BIOMETRICS  (electronic finger prints)

Next will be the pre-screen with a Filipino, here you will submit all requested documents, and there will be an interview

Last you will be called to a window for the actual interview with the CO .. if all is fine you are done and you can leave the embassy, if there are additional documents or such you will be instructed to wait to be called to additional window..

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.