Mimicherie

NVC——>Embassy with error, name entered incorrectly

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I received an email from NVC stating that my case is being sent to my embassy, but within the attachment provided in that email, I see that they totally BOTCHED my fiancé’s first name. They spelled it incorrectly. I called NVC and they said they can’t do anything about that since it’s in transit to our embassy already. My NOA 1 & 2 has my fiancé’s name spelled correctly all throughout USCIS. I’ve already contacted my embassy as well and sent them an email, just waiting to hear back.

My questions are: Have anyone ever went through this? Is the incorrect name only in that email or did NVC input all of my info into their system & send the packet to the embassy with this incorrect name all throughout? Don’t USCIS send them the packet electronically? Do you think this is a huge deal or something minor? This is the only time his name has been spelled incorrectly throughout this whole case process.

This is so frustrating, just when things are going smooth, then BAM! Something comes up. The Haitian embassy is already a hassle to get through as it is, Ugh! 

Any comments, advice, and knowledge of this is appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I haven't experienced the name error, but last month the nvc office submitted my application to the wrong country. Unfortunately, once they send it off they really will not assist  you. My advice is to make sure that you jump on the issue and contact the embassy, that's what I did.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Michelle29 said:

I haven't experienced the name error, but last month the nvc office submitted my application to the wrong country. Unfortunately, once they send it off they really will not assist  you. My advice is to make sure that you jump on the issue and contact the embassy, that's what I did.

I certainly did jump on it as soon as possible, I’m just hoping they actually respond to my calls/emails and correct something so simple. It’s not like I made the mistake, they did. Thank you for your response.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, H&T said:

Just wait until your fiance go to the interview, any error can be correct at the time of the interview.

I’m afraid of waiting and when my fiancé gets there they say his info doesn’t match. I’m hoping this is the case though if I don’t get a response from them. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 8/8/2018 at 12:46 AM, gsdc23 said:

I received an email from NVC stating that my case is being sent to my embassy, but within the attachment provided in that email, I see that they totally BOTCHED my fiancé’s first name. They spelled it incorrectly. I called NVC and they said they can’t do anything about that since it’s in transit to our embassy already. My NOA 1 & 2 has my fiancé’s name spelled correctly all throughout USCIS. I’ve already contacted my embassy as well and sent them an email, just waiting to hear back.

My questions are: Have anyone ever went through this? Is the incorrect name only in that email or did NVC input all of my info into their system & send the packet to the embassy with this incorrect name all throughout? Don’t USCIS send them the packet electronically? Do you think this is a huge deal or something minor? This is the only time his name has been spelled incorrectly throughout this whole case process.

This is so frustrating, just when things are going smooth, then BAM! Something comes up. The Haitian embassy is already a hassle to get through as it is, Ugh! 

Any comments, advice, and knowledge of this is appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

The same thing happened to me, and my names were inputted the wrong way around (My first name as my middle name, my middle name as my last name, and my last name as my first name).

USCIS told my fiancé the same thing. I had my interview last Thursday and they rectified the issue on the spot. As they asked for my birth certificate, passport, police certificate, etc.. which all had my correct name printed on them.

Dont worry, it’s really not a issue at all. They’ll fix it during your fiancé’s interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.