RomeoNan

Affidavit of Support another question

9 posts in this topic

Thanks Homesick for your reply but i still confused about some issues concerning I-864 form,

any reply from any one would be more than welcome

you said that the US citizen ( my wife ) has to fill form I-864, even if she is not eligible to sponsor me which is true because she is not employed, but her US aunt who is a Policewoman in Chicago Police Department, will sponsor me, So, you suggest that i can get all information needed for FORM I-864 from her and fill in these information by myself

1- But what about the notarization, i think such a document should be notarized from the US

2- the Embassy in saudi arabia asked me to bring them a photocopies of W-2, tax return and a letter of employer from our sponsor,is that means she ( my wife's aunt) could send such a documents via e-mail so we can print it out here and staple it to the whole finished package of my Immigration Visa, i hope so

3- Do you have any idea about when they issue a case number for some one's immigration process

till now they didn't give me a number for my case

4- You said CR-1 visa takes time more than K-3 visa, How many months, years you're talking about

5- Could any one direct me to the right place where i can find a Flowchart for cases similar for mine i.e. DCF from US embassy overseas for some one who has a legitimate residency at the same country where that US embassy resides.

thanks alot,

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Thanks Homesick for your reply but i still confused about some issues concerning I-864 form,

any reply from any one would be more than welcome

you said that the US citizen ( my wife ) has to fill form I-864, even if she is not eligible to sponsor me which is true because she is not employed, but her US aunt who is a Policewoman in Chicago Police Department, will sponsor me, So, you suggest that i can get all information needed for FORM I-864 from her and fill in these information by myself

1- But what about the notarization, i think such a document should be notarized from the US

2- the Embassy in saudi arabia asked me to bring them a photocopies of W-2, tax return and a letter of employer from our sponsor,is that means she ( my wife's aunt) could send such a documents via e-mail so we can print it out here and staple it to the whole finished package of my Immigration Visa, i hope so

3- Do you have any idea about when they issue a case number for some one's immigration process

till now they didn't give me a number for my case

4- You said CR-1 visa takes time more than K-3 visa, How many months, years you're talking about

5- Could any one direct me to the right place where i can find a Flowchart for cases similar for mine i.e. DCF from US embassy overseas for some one who has a legitimate residency at the same country where that US embassy resides.

thanks alot,

1. I-864 does not need to be notarized anymore

2. She can scan all documents and send it to too or mail it you via fedex like I did for my wife

3. They give you a case number once NVC sends your packet to the embassy

4. Looking at peoples timelines it seems there is a 9 month average difference but it varies from case to case

5. You can search by using this link http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/filterlist.php

Khurram

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

1. I-864 does not need to be notarized anymore

2. She can scan all documents and send it to too or mail it you via fedex like I did for my wife

3. They give you a case number once NVC sends your packet to the embassy

4. Looking at peoples timelines it seems there is a 9 month average difference but it varies from case to case

5. You can search by using this link http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/filterlist.php

Khurram

thanks alot mr. Khurram

and good luck, may Allah be with you

Timeline
thanks alot mr. Khurram

You are very welcome - May Allah be with you as well

***I-130***

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 AP starts

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
thanks alot mr. Khurram

In regards to a letter from employer...

My grandmother is going to be the sponsor for us and she is not employed. She makes a very nice income from her pention and that of my deceased grandfather, and also owns property..so what do we do in this situation?

Me: USC DH: Egyptian Citizen

Together we have a beautiful son, born on Christmas day 2007

Filing DCF (IR-1) from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia:

July 30, 2008 - Filed I-130 at Riyadh Embassy

August 3, 2008 - I-130 Approved

The embassy let us delay the interview so that my husband would have time to finish his work contract.

November 3, 2008 - Final Interview, APPROVED!!!

The embassy let us wait until late January to submit the passport for the visa so that DH could finish his work contract.

February 9, 2009 - VISA IN PASSPORT!!! (DH's birthdate wrong on visa, embassy keeps it for correction - gah!!!)

February 15, 2009 - CORRECTED VISA IN PASSPORT!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
thanks alot mr. Khurram

My grandmother is going to be the sponsor for us and she is not employed. She makes a very nice income from her pention and that of my deceased grandfather, and also owns property..so what do we do in this situation?

Employer letters are optional and only available, at best, to employed people. Your grandmother has documentation of her pension income, even if it is nothing more than her tax returns.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
thanks alot mr. Khurram

Employer letters are optional and only available, at best, to employed people. Your grandmother has documentation of her pension income, even if it is nothing more than her tax returns.

Thank you pushbrk, do you mind answering one more question?

I was reading that all sponsors for affidavits of support have to supply a copy of their passport. My Granny has not been out of the country for about 30 years and does not have a passport anymore. Is there anything else we can do to prove her citizenship? I am guessing a birth certificate although that's going to be impossible to get because she was born in a state far from where she lives now, and she was born over 80 years ago.

Me: USC DH: Egyptian Citizen

Together we have a beautiful son, born on Christmas day 2007

Filing DCF (IR-1) from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia:

July 30, 2008 - Filed I-130 at Riyadh Embassy

August 3, 2008 - I-130 Approved

The embassy let us delay the interview so that my husband would have time to finish his work contract.

November 3, 2008 - Final Interview, APPROVED!!!

The embassy let us wait until late January to submit the passport for the visa so that DH could finish his work contract.

February 9, 2009 - VISA IN PASSPORT!!! (DH's birthdate wrong on visa, embassy keeps it for correction - gah!!!)

February 15, 2009 - CORRECTED VISA IN PASSPORT!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!

Timeline
thanks alot mr. Khurram

I was reading that all sponsors for affidavits of support have to supply a copy of their passport. My Granny has not been out of the country for about 30 years and does not have a passport anymore. Is there anything else we can do to prove her citizenship? I am guessing a birth certificate although that's going to be impossible to get because she was born in a state far from where she lives now, and she was born over 80 years ago.

You will need some proove of citizenship, either birth certificate or pp

***I-130***

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 AP starts

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
thanks alot mr. Khurram

She'll need a certified copy of her birth certificate. Have her contact the State where she was born. You can just google it for her by searching (example) "Texas Birth Certificate". Find out how to request a copy by mail and have her do so. Just submit a photocopy of both sides of the certified copy she receives.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.