dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview September 2018

3,252 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
On 9/1/2018 at 8:28 AM, Hahz said:

Hi everyone. I am living abroad with my husband. I did his petition for a ir1 visa in the states while visiting. So I sent my original paperwork to uscis. Anyways my husband had his interview two days ago. He left with a piece of paper that said my domicile needed to be proven. 

When I had sent my oringal paperwork I only included a copy of my passport. The officer said that I should have sent the petition from the country I’m living in currently. Any experience with this? He said get domicile proof and send via courier to embassy. He then told my husband that they will continue from where they left off. So another interview? What should I send? Will those papers go back to the Nvc? Should I expect a long process? Thanks everyone. 

Search around the site for "how to prove domicile while abroad" - there are a lot of threads on it, particularly in the Canada section.

Also - check out the domicile section in the Wiki for a good list of documents you can use: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, catdk said:

Thank you so much Abies - sorry I'm just seeing this now! Best of luck in your interview!

Always welcome.. And thank you too

13 hours ago, WSI said:

Inshort you have to fly back to US (if you are currently not in US ) and have to provide proof of domicile. which can be any document that can prove that your permanent residence is US. Voter id, bank statement with recent transaction, property in US, Any letter received at your address and last but not least passport stamps with dates showing your recent entry in US. 

Don't know you are LPR (Green card Holder) OR USC ?

There are two cases

If you are LPR (Green card holder) you can't stay more than 1 year outside of the US without special permission. If you stayed more than 1 year then you abandoned your green card status. You have to apply for SB-1 Visa and have to prove that stay outside of US in this period is beyond your control. Moreover, getting SB-1 visa is really difficult. (Thats why they are mainly ask to prove domicile).

If you are USC (US citizen) and currently you are not in US then you have to fly back to US and have to provide any relevant domicile proof. Actually these visa's are for families to live together in US if you are living abroad and calling your relatives to live in US making no sense to CO.  

This is not long process you just send it to embessy as soon as they will get domicile proof they will approve the visa.No there will be no other interview. 

Feel free to ask if you have any other question. 

Hope this helps

Thank you for this. He did his medical exam in August and I’m thinking he will get his visa in two-three months. What happens if he wants to wait ge typical 6 months landing time but then his medical exam expires. So the medical will expire in feb but he gets his visa in October. If the medical expires will the visa expire. Or can he redo it 

Timeline
Just now, Abies said:

Tomorrow is a US holiday(Labour Day)

oh yeah wifey told me that yesterday but this is nigeria consulate wetin concern us labour day concern us here 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Zelixx said:

No ,i think it's day after tomorrow ,on September 4th .Right @Abies?

You are so right dear and yours is a day after mine. Hope I'm right too?

Timeline
Just now, Don Godwin said:

oh yeah wifey told me that yesterday but this is nigeria consulate wetin concern us labour day concern us here 

You mean you posted this yourself?

What concerns the US embassy in Nigeria with a US National holiday?

Well,for your information,the USEM in Nigeria,observes the US and Nigeria public holidays and it's same for all USEM worldwide.

I hope this really helps? 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Zelixx said:

Yes,a day after yours ! 

Waiting for yours & @ABK 's reviews of approval.

Good luck for the interview.👍🙂

Thanks alot dear. All the best to you too

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Abies said:

You mean you posted this yourself?

What concerns the US embassy in Nigeria with a US National holiday?

Well,for your information,the USEM in Nigeria,observes the US and Nigeria public holidays and it's same for all USEM worldwide.

I hope this really helps? 

Huh!!!!!!!!!!!😨

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.