Nic+Мила

Missing police report for Kyiv interview.

22 posts in this topic

My fiancee needs to obtain a police report from Singapore however since she was just a tourist she was never issued a foreign ID number. I emailed with the police force of Singapore  a few times clarifying our situation. A supervisor was the last one to write back stating that she will not be issued a police report. The us embassy in Ukraine said the officer will decide what to do.

Has anyone else had a problem similar to this and what was the outcome?

Thanks for any feedback.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Did she stay there for 6 months or more after the age of 16? If she did, which btw is not the definition of a tourist, she needs a police certificate and they won't budge on that. Your visa won't be approved until she submits it.

4 hours ago, Nic+Мила said:

My fiancee needs to obtain a police report from Singapore however since she was just a tourist she was never issued a foreign ID number. I emailed with the police force of Singapore  a few times clarifying our situation. A supervisor was the last one to write back stating that she will not be issued a police report. The us embassy in Ukraine said the officer will decide what to do.

Has anyone else had a problem similar to this and what was the outcome?

Thanks for any feedback.

She needs to obtain the document that the police certificate cannot be issued if they refuse to give the document. But as it's been already mentioned above she needs a police report from the countries she lived for over 6 months. 

She has spent more than six months there part 16.

If there a specific document or form?

She does not meet the criteria.

Below is the response from Singapore.

Please note that the Certificate of Clearance (COC) is only issued to persons who have resided at Singapore for a minimum continuous period of 6 months or more under the pass issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) or the work permit issued by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).

We do not issue the COC for social visits or multiple/cumulative social visits to Singapore.

Regards

cid:image008.jpg@01D146E3.F9170150

Balbir Kaur (Mdm)
Supervisor

Certificate of Clearance Office

Criminal Investigation Department

Singapore Police Force

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

was this visit to Singapur disclosed in the I-129F?

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

of course we did. 

she spent 227days total over the course of 4 trips and 3 years.

Also in case you haven't had to get a Singapore COC they require any non-citizen to appeal to them before they allow you to request a COC. 

we are also in the NVC transit stage. Kinda wish we started the police reports earlier.

1 hour ago, Alabamak1 said:

was this visit to Singapur disclosed in the I-129F?

Hey I just read your timeline. Did you wait until the embassy contacted you to do the Medical and DS160? We're "in Transit" and I advised to wait until the embassy contacts us but I've read ppl doing it before. Thanks for the input too.

Timeline

@Nic+Мила We got our case# from the NVC, setup the medical and interview. It was 5 days between medical and interview.  a little thin and no time for errors or delays. if you got the NVC case# go ahead and setup the medical, they are pretty busy. we got results the next day after 2pm i believe. go online or pay in one of the websites for the police report. it takes about 10 days the quickest i remember. get all of your paperwork ready, financials, noa-2 copy and else. gather more evidence if you have any more to show at interview. read the i-129F over and study it. They may or may not quizz the beneficiary on it. I was present so we did not have any surprises and where totally prepared. Review interview questions from other websites and youtube.  They are pretty mellow in Kiev, but make sure you are prepared. Good luck

Edited by Alabamak1

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

thank you! yeah the police reports are the biggest problem need a Russian one too but she's traveling to Lviv to get an earlier appointment and I'll be mailing everything else out soon.  I'm contacting US embassy again, initially they just said the officer will decide after sending my emails with singapore.  NVC said they should be able to provide more info, so I emailed again.  Like most ppl we're planning stuff and on a tight schedule especially with my school. Hoping for the best but can't find any other ppl with a similar situation.

Timeline

the russian police report may take some time....i dont remember the other vj, but i may tag their name later if i find it...they had to get a russian police report also for kiev embassy. let me look her/him up

She looked at 3rd party agencies to obtain it but it was $130 for 25 days or $250 for 6 days + $40 for delivery (unknown time-frame); Russian embassy in Kiev only had appt in Sept. but she contacted Lviv consulate and they have an early August and that it should be 2 weeks but they may want her to pickup in person since they will not ship it. 

But any input from another is great thanks!!!!

Timeline

@jvitya90 i believe was the other VJ....with similar situation with police report from Russia. Are these 3rd party for Ukranian police reports or Russian reports?

5 hours ago, Nic+Мила said:

of course we did. 

she spent 227days total over the course of 4 trips and 3 years.

Also in case you haven't had to get a Singapore COC they require any non-citizen to appeal to them before they allow you to request a COC. 

we are also in the NVC transit stage. Kinda wish we started the police reports earlier.

I believe it should be over 6 months at one time. If she traveled and accumulated over 6 months total, it doesn't count. Correct me if I'm mistaken. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.