Nic+Мила

Missing police report for Kyiv interview.

22 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You can get a Russian police report from their consulate, it did cost me about $50 in Kharkiv this February. Took about 10 days to issue and there were no lines whatsoever. I called the consulate for a next-day appointment, walked in, wrote the request and paid 1345₴ for the certificate.

Ukrainian certificate can be obtained for 3 days for $6 (150₴).

Edited by artml
Spoiler

☑ Started the whole thing – December 13, 2016

☑ PWD request filed – January 19, 2017 

☑ PWD issued – April 7

☑ PERM certification filed – July 18

☑ PERM approved – November 14, 2017

☑ I-140 filed with PP – January 30, 2018 

☑ I-140 approved – February 27

☑ I-140 sent to NVC – March 19

NVC case number issued – May 17

NVC Scan Date – June 11

NVC Case Complete – June 14

☑ Interview scheduled – July 16

☑ Medical exam – July 17

☑ Interview completed – August 21

☑ Visa received – August 27

☐ Touch down – September 28

22 hours ago, Nic+Мила said:

of course we did. 

she spent 227days total over the course of 4 trips and 3 years.

Also in case you haven't had to get a Singapore COC they require any non-citizen to appeal to them before they allow you to request a COC. 

we are also in the NVC transit stage. Kinda wish we started the police reports earlier.

you don't need to get a police certificate for her. That's why she is not even entitled for it. She didn't reside in that country. Traveling or visiting isn't the same as residing. I just went to a Russian forum and they say the same.

K1 police certificate.PNG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 7/26/2018 at 5:49 AM, Nic+Мила said:

Our lawyer said cumulative time.

How did they know your cumulative time was over 180 days? Do they look at your passport stamps?

i am waiting for noa2 right now and my fiancé had an ex bf where she spent ze months in holland then 3 months in ukraine over a period of 4 years. Wondering if I should also get a copy of the police report there as well? Attorney says not needed.

On 7/26/2018 at 6:53 PM, Lenchick said:

you don't need to get a police certificate for her. That's why she is not even entitled for it. She didn't reside in that country. Traveling or visiting isn't the same as residing. I just went to a Russian forum and they say the same.

K1 police certificate.PNG

I meant to call the NVC or US Embassy to confirm this yesterday because that ^^^ makes sense to us too. Our lawyer though said cumulative time so we put Russia and Singapore as needing Police reports. Guess I should've called to confirm this before. Thanks I'll copy the response from US embassy here. I appreciate the help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:26 PM, Alabamak1 said:

the russian police report may take some time....i dont remember the other vj, but i may tag their name later if i find it...they had to get a russian police report also for kiev embassy. let me look her/him up

Yes, the Russian police report took almost two months to obtain!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.