Jo Al

I-175 Petition for removal of conditions Cover Page and Evidence Requested

44 posts in this topic

On 7/25/2018 at 10:10 AM, Eli_za said:

Is very neat and organized. 

We didnt submit any affidavits from friends/family.  Is that a requirement or supplemental ? 

As other vj members said, it's not a requirement. It is enlisted as evidence example on the uscis website but the affidavids from friends or/and family cannot be proof alone, they must be accompanied by more substantial proof like financial co-mingling or cohabitation.

I chose to add the affidavids since I strongly fear the RFE.

On 7/26/2018 at 5:00 AM, angelbrown said:

Thanks, the marriage certificate was submitted with the original petition to immigrate. Yes, no disrespect but some of the items OP submitted seems a bit redundant or irrelevant. I'm preparing our package to submit next month. I only want to submit what's relevant and substantial to the package, not documents to create a large package. They have enough petitions to go through so submitting items of substance, not irrelevance or redundance, is of importance. Just my opinion. Again, no disrespect to OP's original post.

I strongly encourage you to send in your package only what you feel it is important and relevant. I did not have the confidence to send less than I did. 

It may look as just an atempt to send a large package and not something consistent, but I never said anywhere that what I sent it's best and the case for everyone. I just felt that I didn't have enough since we do not have proof of rent, mortgage or even lease on our names. Another issue is the lack of uttility bills like electricity, internet, water, gas etc...so, I feared that it might not be enough.

I took example from other vj members and their packages and made my own afterwards. My cover page/table of contents can be just a list of posibilities for another person that doesn't have much. Whomever has enough strong evidence can skip the little things.

On 7/25/2018 at 6:50 PM, Ash.1101 said:

Both are supplemental.

Ideally you shouldn't send any information that they already have.

Affidavits are strong if you don't have any other proof, fairly week if you have a lot of financial proof. 

I do have to say though, it would be incredibly annoying to get all of the papers out of that thing. Everything goes in the scanner and that's - a lot - of papers.

Def over kill but USCIS shouldn't have any doubts. I think that you're the first people I've seen send copies off SSN cards AND copies of debit cards.

I agree with you in all the aspects but that was what I had to submit. Only that way I could feel confident of not getting an RFE.

The reason I posted this, is to give an idea of what people have as options to submit, not a must. Since USCIS website gives little info about the evidence that must be submitted along with the I-751 form and I did have lots of questions myself about what other things I can send, I posted this for other people like me. 

About SSN and debit cards, I saw it at other vj members, that's why I did it...wanted to be on safe side. My personal choice again, not a must.

I read lots and lots of comments and threads over here before sending my package.

1 hour ago, cablewyres said:

How did you manage using a fastener to put all of your documents together (being that thick)? I’m about to put together our documents for ROC as well and figuring this out. Thanks :)

It fit no problem...it was just perfect for one fastener. I initially used two fasteners and split the package, but then I realized that I may be good with just one since the wings of each fastener were pretty long. It may look thick but it was only 1.5 inches and 3lb.

My table of contents my look long and detailed but the amont of paper is not that big as others may think. I saw people here on vj that had 5 to 12 lb of paper. One very good example is the pinned thread of CookieCat member which was my main guide in asembling the ROC package. You will see the similarities.

Is it possible for someone to help me edit my original post title since it has an error in it? Any vj moderators? I do not know if this works or how it does.:whistle:

It was too late to edit it when I noticed the mistake so now I am stuck with form I-175 instead of I-751:( as title.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No worries. It is still very helpful. And I understand as I’m in the same situation. I already had my home and utilities as well as insurance through my job. So it may seem one sided as he doesn’t have insurance through his employer. So I’m gathering all of our evidence as well. No RFE would be super awesome!! Good luck! Here’s what we have so far :

• both drivers licenses showing home address

• copies of joint tax statements for previous 2 yrs

• monthly copies of statements of joint checking account, Dec 2016-July 2018 showing direct deposit for both of us and payments of bills and other daily uses

• copies of joint savings account, month account was opened and current statement 

• quarterly copies of joint credit card (quarterly bc we hardly ever use)

• designation of beneficiary for insurance and TSP (401) through my employer 

• 1095B for Health coverage through my employer 

• car insurance policy showing both names

• quarterly copies of cell phone bill showing both names and frequent calls to each other 

• boarding passes and car rental agreement from vacation trip to Jamaica in June 2017

• copy of flight info from when husband flew to Nashville to drive my daughter home, she was there for summer  internship

• copy of rental agreement for apartment for above internship - showing checkout date same as his flight info 

• copy of info for upcoming cruise 

• copy of medical records from reproductive clinic for testing for possible IVF treatment 

• 3 affidavits from my family 

• photographs from marriage until now of us and with family and friends

As you can see it’s not a lot. So I'm trying to be creative also. 

Edited by angelbrown

7 minutes ago, angelbrown said:

No worries. It is still very helpful. And I understand as I’m in the same situation. I already had my home and utilities as well as insurance through my job. So it may seem one sided as he doesn’t have insurance through his employer. So I’m gathering all of our evidence as well. No RFE would be super awesome!! Good luck! Here’s what we have so far :

• both drivers licenses showing home address

• copies of joint tax statements for previous 2 yrs

• monthly copies of statements of joint checking account, Dec 2016-July 2018 showing direct deposit for both of us and payments of bills and other daily uses

• copies of joint savings account, month account was opened and current statement 

• quarterly copies of joint credit card (quarterly bc we hardly ever use)

• designation of beneficiary for insurance and TSP (401) through my employer 

• 1095B for Health coverage through my employer 

• car insurance policy showing both names

• quarterly copies of cell phone bill showing both names and frequent calls to each other 

• boarding passes and car rental agreement from vacation trip to Jamaica in June 2017

• copy of flight info from when husband flew to Nashville to drive my daughter home, she was there for summer  internship

• copy of rental agreement for apartment for above internship - showing checkout date same as his flight info 

• copy of info for upcoming cruise 

• copy of medical records from reproductive clinic for testing for possible IVF treatment 

• 3 affidavits from my family 

• photographs from marriage until now of us and with family and friends

As you can see it’s not a lot. So I'm trying to be creative also. 

You have pretty good evidence here. Uscis wants to see mainly financial co-mingling and cohabitation proof. Everything else is secondary but not unimportant; they can built you a strong case if you lack in other areas.

I see you have the financial part ready; what about cohabitation? Mortgage,rent,lease...living with relatives? You have to prove you are living together at same residence. Whatever it may be the situation, you have to explain it. 

Be sure to include evidence from the time you got married.

For example, if you married in 2015, you should include taxes begining with that year. The tax transcripts will give pertaining info such as married filled jointly/married filled separately.

Bank statements on the joint account should start also from the year you got married or the year you opened it/added spouse as joint owner. I got letters from my bank statting that we have the certain accounts open and active since certain date and we are both owners ot the respective accounts.

Just a side note : any type of insurance, car loan, account should not be mentioned or brought to attention if it does not have both names on it or it does not reflect your co-mingling or being together. With the exception of bills that can be in one name or the other. There are cases where one piece of evidence can bind with another one to give the full picture, just make sure that connection is properly presented in a cover letter.

Anything that has your guys name on it can be sent as proof. It may be of lesser importance but every bit counts.

Timeline

Thank you!! I’ve had my home for 15 years so that and all the utilities were already in place. I could have my family add to the affidavit/statements that we live together. 

9 minutes ago, angelbrown said:

Thank you!! I’ve had my home for 15 years so that and all the utilities were already in place. I could have my family add to the affidavit/statements that we live together. 

So you have the home and utilities in both names?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jo Al said:

Everything else is secondary but not unimportant; they can built you a strong case if you lack in other areas.

Good point regarding all the other evidence you submitted. Will look to see what secondary evidence we have. 

As as far as cohabitation, is that in reference to “living in the same home” together or sharing a life together? What other documents can one show that you live together? Other than licenses, mail, etc. To me, bills don’t show that people live together but rather that the bill is in a person’s name. My husband and I do live together😊, it’s just that I was already established so that shouldn’t be a negative  in USCIS’s eyes. But of course I don’t work for them. Lol So I was hoping the other documents (outside of financials) and the pics would show a life together. 

Edited by angelbrown

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jo Al said:

So you have the home and utilities in both names?

Nope, just mine bc I’ve been in the home for years, since I purchased it.

Edited by angelbrown

2 minutes ago, angelbrown said:

Good point regarding all the other evidence you submitted. Will look to see what secondary evidence we have. 

As as far as cohabitation, is that in reference to “living in the same home” together or sharing a life together? What other documents can one show that you live together? Other than licenses, mail, etc. To me, bills don’t show that people live together but rather that the bill is in a person’s name. My husband and I do live together😊, it’s just that I was already established so that shouldn’t be a negative  in USCIS’s eyes. But of course I don’t work for them. Lol So I was hoping the documents outside of financials and the pics would show a life together. 

Ok, so when I say proof of cohabitation, just mail at same address does not necessarily make it as living together. From what I understood, uscis wants to see something more relevant like: mortgage, rent, lease in both names. 

If you do not have this for example and you are living with a relative/parent/friend that owns or rents or leases a proprety/apartment, then you should get a notarized statement from that person, along with your full explaination of the situation you are in. Just be onest with them.

If that's not the situation for you either, then you should explain it per example why is the place you live in and all the bills on your names only. That is it. 

Of course that mail, DL's and other documentation with both having same address sustain your case. Just make sure you first explain why your case is like that.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jo Al said:

Ok, so when I say proof of cohabitation, just mail at same address does not necessarily make it as living together. From what I understood, uscis wants to see something more relevant like: mortgage, rent, lease in both names. 

If you do not have this for example and you are living with a relative/parent/friend that owns or rents or leases a proprety/apartment, then you should get a notarized statement from that person, along with your full explaination of the situation you are in. Just be onest with them.

If that's not the situation for you either, then you should explain it per example why is the place you live in and all the bills on your names only. That is it. 

Of course that mail, DL's and other documentation with both having same address sustain your case. Just make sure you first explain why your case is like that.

Ok gotcha, just explain my situation. Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the response. It truly helps. I can just run to Office Depot and get fasteners and pag tabs then! Wohoo!

I do have another question, did you submit your documents by punching a two hole punch on the I-751 form as well? or did you put it in a clear plastic and punched the holes only on the plastic cover as other people have done to not tamper the form? Thanks

Edited by cablewyres

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.