CaseyBorne88

Question about required documents for interview

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am putting together some folders for my Fiancé's future interview. I have searched the official instructions along with many other websites and I have found that some list additional documents that others do not. I would rather be safe than sorry. I imagine these questions get asked ad nauseam so I apologize in advance if so.

Questions 1. Do I, The petitioner, have to mail my Fiancé my Birth certificate and Passport? I have seen some websites state that my BC and Passport should be with her at the interview encase they want to see the originals. Im sort of uncomfortable mailing those sensitive documents to the Philippines.  I definitely want to avoid that if it is not a necessity.

Question 2. Some websites mention a copy of the Passport biometrics page while others don't. (If so) Who's PP biometrics do I need a copy of? mine or hers? Where will it be required? at the Embassy or the St. Lukes?

And lastly I want to list the table of contents pages for the k1 interview and the St. Lukes folders. I made several different folders to keep everything organized and quickly accessible. My question for these 2 are: Is there anything I am missing and should add?

K1 Folder. Contents include:

D-160 Confirmation page.
Interview Confirmation letter.
USCIS Notice of Action2 (I-179).

Photocopy of passport biometrics page.

Birth Certificate.
NBI Clearance.
CENOMAR. (non marriage cert.).

Petitioner's divorce records.
Medical Exam Results.

I-134 Affidavit of Support.
2 Passport style Photos.
Updated letter certifying intent to marry.

St. Lukes Folder. Contents include:

St. Luke's online registration form.

Interview confirmation page.

2 Passport style Photos.

and of course there will be duplicates of all necessary documents as well for each folder.

If anyone could give me answers to my questions/any helpful information I will be grateful. Thanks

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

I am putting together some folders for my Fiancé's future interview. I have searched the official instructions along with many other websites and I have found that some list additional documents that others do not. I would rather be safe than sorry. I imagine these questions get asked ad nauseam so I apologize in advance if so.

Questions 1. Do I, The petitioner, have to mail my Fiancé my Birth certificate and Passport? FOR THE INTERVIEW at the embassy - NO.   Copy of your birth certificate for CFO - yes.  I have seen some websites state that my BC and Passport should be with her at the interview encase they want to see the originals. Im sort of uncomfortable mailing those sensitive documents to the Philippines.  I definitely want to avoid that if it is not a necessity.

Question 2. Some websites mention a copy of the Passport biometrics page while others don't. (If so) Who's PP biometrics do I need a copy of? mine or hers? Where will it be required? at the Embassy or the St. Lukes?   NO

And lastly I want to list the table of contents pages for the k1 interview and the St. Lukes folders. I made several different folders to keep everything organized and quickly accessible. My question for these 2 are: Is there anything I am missing and should add?

D-160 Confirmation page.

PSA Birth Certificate.
NBI Clearance.

Medical Exam Results.

I-134 Affidavit of Support.  w/most recent tax return and W2
3 Passport style Photos.
Beneficiary passport

Pictures of the two of you together.

4 Passport style Photos. 

Beneficiary passport

and of course there will be duplicates of all necessary documents as well for each folder.

If anyone could give me answers to my questions/any helpful information I will be grateful. Thanks

Links below to details and additional links

USEM  http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html        

SLEC  http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

CFO  http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

32 minutes ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

Questions 1. Do I, The petitioner, have to mail my Fiancé my Birth certificate and Passport? I have seen some websites state that my BC and Passport should be with her at the interview encase they want to see the originals. Im sort of uncomfortable mailing those sensitive documents to the Philippines.  I definitely want to avoid that if it is not a necessity.

Question 2. Some websites mention a copy of the Passport biometrics page while others don't. (If so) Who's PP biometrics do I need a copy of? mine or hers? Where will it be required? at the Embassy or the St. Lukes?

D-160 Confirmation page.

Birth Certificate.
NBI Clearance.

Medical Exam Results.

I-134 Affidavit of Support.
2 Passport style Photos.

2 Passport style Photos.

You will want to send her an exact copy of your K-1 packet that you submitted to USCIS. I made three complete copies ( I know lots of work) but I sent one as the original submission to USCIS, I'll send another to my fiancee once the time gets closer soon after we receive our NOA2 and the third copy is just in case the copy I send to my fiancee gets lost in transit. I'll use FedEx to send to her, not the mail as the mail service in the Philippines is down right terrible. Your birth certificate will be inside the packet yes and your passport if you sent it in the original submission you only need send either or, but I sent both in my submission.

Once you are ready to send her the K-1 packet at that time you can add the I-134, w-2s pay stubs etc along with the k1 packet you send to her. Your list looks about complete, but I would let her arrange her own packet from the forms and packet you send her as to make it easy for herself to locate these forms when asked for. Again I share your concern about sending sensitive documents like this, but there is no way around it unless you travel and hand deliver yourself. FedEx and or UPS they track your documents so I see little risk in using one or the other there are many companies you can use just not USPS.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline

I am the beneficiary. I followed the medical checklist in SLEC (St luke 's website) i had my medical july 13. It went smoothly and i will have my interview on the 25th and followed USEM (US embassy website) for the list of documents needed. Hank and Greenbaum are the best advisers in this forum.

Timeline

Thank you everyone for the responses. I had not previously heard of making multiple copies of the i129F packet. I already sent mine off, but I did make a copy of everything in there on our Onedrive account. Is this only done in case something is lost from the original?  Also I do have a 3rd folder for "proof of relationship" that contains allot of them same content in my original packet plus whatever I will accumulate between now and then.

The content for the proof of relationship folder:

Facebook Archives.

Audio/Video Call logs.

Photos of us.

Photos with family

Special events together

Engagement

Gifts

Financial support

Letters

Travel Documentation.

Timeline

@  CaseyBorne88   Sorry for the :oops: with the bio page info.   Yes to SLEC & CFO needing a copy.   USEM does not.     

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
13 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

You will want to send her an exact copy of your K-1 packet that you submitted to USCIS. I made three complete copies ( I know lots of work) but I sent one as the original submission to USCIS, I'll send another to my fiancee once the time gets closer soon after we receive our NOA2 and the third copy is just in case the copy I send to my fiancee gets lost in transit. I'll use FedEx to send to her, not the mail as the mail service in the Philippines is down right terrible. Your birth certificate will be inside the packet yes and your passport if you sent it in the original  absolutely not  submission you only need send either or, but I sent both in my submission.

Once you are ready to send her the K-1 packet at that time you can add the I-134, w-2s pay stubs etc along with the k1 packet you send to her. Your list looks about complete, but I would let her arrange her own packet from the forms and packet you send her as to make it easy for herself to locate these forms when asked for. Again I share your concern about sending sensitive documents like this, but there is no way around it unless you travel and hand deliver yourself. FedEx and or UPS they track your documents so I see little risk in using one or the other there are many companies you can use just not USPS.

Copy of the completed I-129F form is good as it has family information for the petitioner that is useful for CFO.    Copies of the divorce decree (USEM & CFO)  and birth certificate (CFO) are good also.  All that can be sent as an attachment by email.

Only document that needs to be original is the I-134 .. for that I agree, DON'T use the mail, FEDEX (2GO in the PHils) , UPS or DHL  are good for the ONE document.    Copy of tax return and W2 can be emailed also, I might suggest emailing a copy of the I-134 .. just in case)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
12 hours ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

Thank you everyone for the responses. I had not previously heard of making multiple copies of the i129F packet. I already sent mine off, but I did make a copy of everything in there on our Onedrive account. Is this only done in case something is lost from the original?  Also I do have a 3rd folder for "proof of relationship" that contains allot of them same content in my original packet plus whatever I will accumulate between now and then.

The content for the proof of relationship folder:

Facebook Archives.

Audio/Video Call logs.

Photos of us.

Photos with family

Special events together

Engagement

Gifts

Financial support

Letters

Travel Documentation.

Excellent on using the OneDrive (DropBox works great also).!!  :thumbs:   

Your ducks all seem to be quacking in a row  ;)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.