Jwhite242

Worried about i129

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I finished my i129 double checked everything not really thinking much of it and sent it got my noa 1 but started thinking now is cherry Blossoms a imb? I had put that we had just met online and provided Skype chat logs as evidence. We did met there initially but never used them to facilitate communication. Only Skype. Now I’m worried about the rfe I will get as I’m sure they will want more info on how exactly we met online. We have both deleted our cherry Blossoms a long time ago also. I have read on here that many people have listed it and been okay but I guess I’m just looking for peace of mind or advice. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jwhite242 said:

So I finished my i129 double checked everything not really thinking much of it and sent it got my noa 1 but started thinking now is cherry Blossoms a imb? I had put that we had just met online and provided Skype chat logs as evidence. We did met there initially but never used them to facilitate communication. Only Skype. Now I’m worried about the rfe I will get as I’m sure they will want more info on how exactly we met online. We have both deleted our cherry Blossoms a long time ago also. I have read on here that many people have listed it and been okay but I guess I’m just looking for peace of mind or advice. 

My brother or sister confirm you're getting RFE,because you guys don't have enough evidence to back the relationship, my advise is that tell he/she to travel come your home country,it is well

Timeline

No rfe yet but I’m thinking I will get one from what I’ve read as I was very vague on my description of how we met. All I had put was that we met online and became friends before me asking to go and met her. Really just concerned about not listing cherry Blossoms as our meeting place.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's a dating site not a service that someone pays to find a spouse at.  Not an International Marriage Broker.   You may get an RFE for that, you may get an RFE for something else or you may get no RFE at all.   It is all out of your hands now what you've submitted is what you submitted.  So my advice, realize that an RFE if it comes is simply just another step in the journey.   You didn't mention that you had included evidence of meeting in person in the last 2 years.  I assume you did but if for some reason you did not you almost certainly will get an RFE for that.  In the meantime my advice while waiting is make sure that you and your future wife have conversations about what she should expect when she arrives in the USA and what you expect life to be like after you are married.  Make sure she realizes that the restrictions on work and travel outside the USA until she gets her employment AP combo card.  Make sure that the two of you have conversations about how much money will be sent to the Philippines after marriage and for what and how you'll deal with cultural differences.  In short, make sure you continue to build your relationship and not get lost in the excitement of being together without conversations of what that life will actually look like.  Good luck and God bless both of you. 

Timeline

Thank you for the response and advice I appreciate it. We have talked about those things and I have told her many times that life is much different here in the states. I put like 10 pics of us together in different places in phillipines. Once again thank you and I’ll just stay positive and wait it out. Many misleading things on the Internet nice to have a place like this to get support and info from people with experience and knowledge. 

Just do a search for Cherry Blossoms. There are many discussions on here about this subject.  It is not an IMB. If it does come up in the interview just be honest. It should not pose a problem. Good luck)

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2018 at 10:29 PM, Jwhite242 said:

There was no need to state how you met.  Philippines is not a high fraud country.  You just need to put information regarding having met within the past 2 years with pictures, passport stamps, boarding passes, etc..  Doubtful you will get an RFE.

When it comes time for the interview, the question will probably be asked how you two met.  But at that point it's just an academic exercise.  Have fiance answer truthfully and confidently..all will be ok.

jj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.