PRGuy

Immigration Medical Exam

6 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Looking into some advice. We Didn't send my wife's I-693 along with the original package to USCIS. We had it ready before her Biometrics so she can drop it off at the biometrics office, but they told her that they cannot accept it in that particular location. My question is: Should we keep it until the interview day? or send it prior to the appointment day? 

We are concern about this since at the USCIS medical office where we did her examination, stated that the I-693 Is valid for one year under USCIS possession, but only valid for 5 months if it is under the applicant's possession. We are in FL, our Lockbox is Chicago.

Thanks so much for all your help.

PRGuy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline

The medical examination report may be submitted to USCIS:

• Concurrently with the immigration benefit application; or
  • At any time after filing the immigration benefit application but prior to the adjudication of that application; if not filed concurrently with the immigration benefit application, USCIS encourages applicants to wait until USCIS requests the medical examination report before submitting it. [28]*

*Footnote 28 reads, “This includes a request to bring the medical examination report to the interview.”

We did not submit a medical exam with our AOS I-485, me medical was surrendered at the port of entry in Los Angeles. When we went for the AOS interview, the first thing the Officer asked us for is "Do you have your medical Exam with you?" We said "NO" we already submitted one with the K1 visa process. He said" that was expired and it is more than 12 months old, we need to submit a new on in sealed envelop from a USCIS CIVIL SURGEON."

We did a new exam and submitted and two weeks later received my GC. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, PRGuy said:

Hi Everyone,

Looking into some advice. We Didn't send my wife's I-693 along with the original package to USCIS. We had it ready before her Biometrics so she can drop it off at the biometrics office, but they told her that they cannot accept it in that particular location. My question is: Should we keep it until the interview day? or send it prior to the appointment day? 

We are concern about this since at the USCIS medical office where we did her examination, stated that the I-693 Is valid for one year under USCIS possession, but only valid for 5 months if it is under the applicant's possession. We are in FL, our Lockbox is Chicago.

Thanks so much for all your help.

PRGuy

I just had an interview and my interviewer told me that medical exam doesn't need to be submitted along with your application so it doesn't expire and cost you twice. Wait for the interview/RFE to submit it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

We also didn't submit and i was waiting for an RFE but we didn't get one for it. We ended up just handing it over to the IO during the interview and we got approved. We applied for AOS within a year from the medical exam but the interview was a year and a month later, so maybe we just got lucky? Hopefully you won't need another medical. Good luck! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

We are having the same exact question. The USCIS has updated their policy manual (October 2018) to make it more confusing, but I think the new text has the same intent as the previous text.

Applicants may submit the Form I-693 medical examination report to USCIS:

• Concurrently with the immigration benefit application; or

• At any time after filing the immigration benefit application but before USCIS finalizes adjudication of that application. If not submitted simultaneously with the immigration benefit application, applicants may bring the medical examination report to an interview or wait until USCIS issues an RFE requesting the medical examination report. 

Our plan is to wait for a RFE or interview. The only potential issue I see is if they update the I-693 form and stop accepting the old one. In that case, we'll submit it, unsolicited, and hope for the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.