Kelly1987

Scheduling Visa Interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was hoping to get some advice. My medical is booked for 24th July and I was hoping to have my interview soon after. It states online that it takes up to 5 days for the medical team to send your medical results to the consulate in London.

I was hoping to book my interview on 31st July. That will be the 5th day after my medical exam. Do you think this will be a problem? As I don't want to get to the interview and they turn me away because they haven't got my medical results.

Please help. 

Not 100% sure on the UK consulate but I had a similar situation in New Zealand- I knew the medical results weren't going to make it in time but they told me to attend the interview anyway and they would complete the assessment of the visa once all results were in. So when I went to my interview the interviewer just stated all looked good pending medical results- they got those results about 2 days later and I had my visa in less than 2 weeks.

Good luck :)

6 minutes ago, Kelly1987 said:

I was hoping to get some advice. My medical is booked for 24th July and I was hoping to have my interview soon after. It states online that it takes up to 5 days for the medical team to send your medical results to the consulate in London.

I was hoping to book my interview on 31st July. That will be the 5th day after my medical exam. Do you think this will be a problem? As I don't want to get to the interview and they turn me away because they haven't got my medical results.

Please help. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Kelly1987 said:

That will be the 5th day after my medical exam. Do you think this will be a problem? As I don't want to get to the interview and they turn me away because they haven't got my medical results.

YES I think it will be a problem. When the embassy moved to the new location in January, there have been a huge number of medicals not received yet by interview. Not sure what the problem is because that never happened before the move. I can pretty much guarantee that your medical will not be ready to review at an interview on the fifth day based on so many threads on the subject over the last 5 months.

Anyway...nobody will turn you away. BUT you kinda fall out of the flow and somebody has to get back to your case. You may think that will happen the day your medical finally hits the mailroom. Not so. Your officer may just let those cases pile up for a week or two. You'll be crazy waiting but there is no standard answer when you get out of the queue so to speak.  For a seamless ending where you can almost count on having your visa back one week after interview, I would allow 2 weeks between medical and interview. 

Timeline

My fiancé (now husband) had his interview in February. We had exactly 7 days between his medical and interview and his medical did NOT arrive on time despite the doctor telling him it would. I would give it two weeks in between to avoid delay. 

I don't believe they would turn you away. You would probably go into administrative processing until they received your medical results.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
13 hours ago, Kelly1987 said:

Please help. 

They will not turn you away. Sometimes there has been delays with the medical results getting there. It's completely fine. If your results are not there, you would just need to keep contacting them and keep on top of it.

They have apparently now changed the delivery method of the results. Will take about 5 days for blood tests etc. to come back to Knightsbridge, then allegedly they now have a same day courier system that takes the results directly to the embassy, once received.

Everything will be okay.

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Timeline
17 hours ago, kiwihurricane15 said:

Not 100% sure on the UK consulate but I had a similar situation in New Zealand- I knew the medical results weren't going to make it in time but they told me to attend the interview anyway and they would complete the assessment of the visa once all results were in. So when I went to my interview the interviewer just stated all looked good pending medical results- they got those results about 2 days later and I had my visa in less than 2 weeks.

Good luck :)

17 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

YES I think it will be a problem. When the embassy moved to the new location in January, there have been a huge number of medicals not received yet by interview. Not sure what the problem is because that never happened before the move. I can pretty much guarantee that your medical will not be ready to review at an interview on the fifth day based on so many threads on the subject over the last 5 months.

Anyway...nobody will turn you away. BUT you kinda fall out of the flow and somebody has to get back to your case. You may think that will happen the day your medical finally hits the mailroom. Not so. Your officer may just let those cases pile up for a week or two. You'll be crazy waiting but there is no standard answer when you get out of the queue so to speak.  For a seamless ending where you can almost count on having your visa back one week after interview, I would allow 2 weeks between medical and interview. 

17 hours ago, britishandusa said:

My fiancé (now husband) had his interview in February. We had exactly 7 days between his medical and interview and his medical did NOT arrive on time despite the doctor telling him it would. I would give it two weeks in between to avoid delay. 

12 hours ago, Brittani said:

I don't believe they would turn you away. You would probably go into administrative processing until they received your medical results.

3 hours ago, LeesaMarie said:

They will not turn you away. Sometimes there has been delays with the medical results getting there. It's completely fine. If your results are not there, you would just need to keep contacting them and keep on top of it.

They have apparently now changed the delivery method of the results. Will take about 5 days for blood tests etc. to come back to Knightsbridge, then allegedly they now have a same day courier system that takes the results directly to the embassy, once received.

Everything will be okay.

Thanks guys for your help! I really do appreciate it.

I called the medicals to get their advice as well. The receptionist said that it takes a minimum of 7 days for the results to arrive at the embassy, and she also made a note of saying that this is stated on the consulate website. I told her that it wasn't and that the website stated 5 working days which is why I wanted to double check.

She said that, that was the wrong information and said that they would look into it as it should have been changed months ago, as the consulate can no longer guarantee that the results will arrive in 5 working days.

I've booked my interview for 6th August. This is 10 working days after my medical, I hope this will be enough time. What do you think?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kelly1987 said:

Thanks guys for your help! I really do appreciate it.

I called the medicals to get their advice as well. The receptionist said that it takes a minimum of 7 days for the results to arrive at the embassy, and she also made a note of saying that this is stated on the consulate website. I told her that it wasn't and that the website stated 5 working days which is why I wanted to double check.

She said that, that was the wrong information and said that they would look into it as it should have been changed months ago, as the consulate can no longer guarantee that the results will arrive in 5 working days.

I've booked my interview for 6th August. This is 10 working days after my medical, I hope this will be enough time. What do you think?

I think this will be okay :) and if the results aren't there, this will not affect your interview. 

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kelly1987 said:

I think that is a better plan than five days. 

For nine years, I've known medicals to be at the embassy in 3-4 days, ready to roll at interviews. Since mid January, not so. It seems like Knightsbridge isn't moving as quickly to process them and dispatch, and the embassy doesn't get them up to the Immigrant Visa Unit as quickly, once delivered. At first it seemed like the early days of the move to a new location had a few hitches to work out. The many, many medicals still unexpectedly "not available" has proven that more time needs to be allowed if you want the optimal process.  And with all these semi-complete interviews "pending medical", the overall productivity in general declines because of getting out of the desired work flow pattern. Everybody rushing to play the system and get ahead by only days is sometimes slowing things down as far as actually getting the visa in hand.

One thing for sure, you will all get there and worrying about every day and minute is really wasted energy and emotion. It would be almost impossible to screw up your interview no matter what order or when you do things. 

Timeline
On 6/27/2018 at 12:09 PM, LeesaMarie said:

I think this will be okay :) and if the results aren't there, this will not affect your interview. 

On 6/27/2018 at 4:31 PM, Wuozopo said:

I think that is a better plan than five days. 

For nine years, I've known medicals to be at the embassy in 3-4 days, ready to roll at interviews. Since mid January, not so. It seems like Knightsbridge isn't moving as quickly to process them and dispatch, and the embassy doesn't get them up to the Immigrant Visa Unit as quickly, once delivered. At first it seemed like the early days of the move to a new location had a few hitches to work out. The many, many medicals still unexpectedly "not available" has proven that more time needs to be allowed if you want the optimal process.  And with all these semi-complete interviews "pending medical", the overall productivity in general declines because of getting out of the desired work flow pattern. Everybody rushing to play the system and get ahead by only days is sometimes slowing things down as far as actually getting the visa in hand.

One thing for sure, you will all get there and worrying about every day and minute is really wasted energy and emotion. It would be almost impossible to screw up your interview no matter what order or when you do things. 

Thank you for you help and reassurance. It really means alot

(L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.