kellyfello

Administrative Processing in Dominican Republic

13 posts in this topic

HI everyone!!

I went to my interview and my husband had some problems and we needed to turn in paperwork. so we turned in the paperwork on June 13th 2018, so I just checked and it says is under administrative processing..do anyone knows how long this will take..It was just updated on june 20th .. what does it mean.

I am soo frustrated..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiancé’s K1went from AP to issued yesterday.  I think 4 hours had gone by is all.  They say it can take days, weeks, and in rare cases, a year or more.

48 minutes ago, DakotaKid said:

My fiancé’s K1went from AP to issued yesterday.  I think 4 hours had gone by is all.  They say it can take days, weeks, and in rare cases, a year or more.

Hii.. How long was your fiancé in AP?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
10 hours ago, kellyfello said:

Hii.. How long was your fiancé in AP?    ---> My fiancé’s K1went from AP to issued yesterday.  I think 4 hours had gone by is all.

Edited by DakotaKid
highlight

I am following if you do not mind. Waiting on our interview in the DR and I have tons of questions. May I ask you if you were required to show a large amount of proof of relationship with your husband?

Edited by Shawna y Jairo

6 minutes ago, Shawna y Jairo said:

I am following if you do not mind. Waiting on our interview in the DR and I have tons of questions. May I ask you if you were required to show a large amount of proof of relationship with your husband?

No we did not.. I just took a couple of pictures because we didn't even have a wedding we got married in 2001 and we went to the justice of peace.. all I took was a couple of pictures..and they really don't stop and look at each one they skim through it..

On 6/21/2018 at 7:28 PM, kellyfello said:

HI everyone!!

I went to my interview and my husband had some problems and we needed to turn in paperwork. so we turned in the paperwork on June 13th 2018, so I just checked and it says is under administrative processing..do anyone knows how long this will take..It was just updated on june 20th .. what does it mean.

I am soo frustrated..

My husband's AP was Nov 14, 2017 to Dec 19, 2017

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

My case is still under Administrative Process it was updated on June 20th 2018, and it just got updated today again July 3rd 2018. but I just received an email where they are asking me for more information, should I be worried? this process is very frustrating. But I am leaving it in God's hands...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Dominican Republic Police Certificate - does anyone know when this needs to be obtained by? I read somewhere that it is only needed at the interview and it has to be issues no longer than 30 days. But then I read somewhere that the NVC needs the police certificate as part of the documents that need to be submitted. I'm still waiting to hear from NVC as I just got approved. I just want to be prepared.

• 2 months later...
On 10/20/2018 at 3:21 PM, VALU said:

Dominican Republic Police Certificate - does anyone know when this needs to be obtained by? I read somewhere that it is only needed at the interview and it has to be issues no longer than 30 days. But then I read somewhere that the NVC needs the police certificate as part of the documents that need to be submitted. I'm still waiting to hear from NVC as I just got approved. I just want to be prepared.

Hi..the police certificate you have to take with you to the interview..we took ours out the night before the interview..good luck..the more recent it is the better..

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 3:12 PM, kellyfello said:

Hi..the police certificate you have to take with you to the interview..we took ours out the night before the interview..good luck..the more recent it is the better..

Thanks we had the interview this past Wednesday and got approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.