audaud

Can we schedule our interview? K1

47 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone

I have seen a lot of helpful information on this thread but I just want to bring up our current situation and see if anyone has any input. Our case left the NVC on June 12th and it has been "In Transit" on the CEAC website since then. My fiance has already done the medical appointment, and we have submitted the DS-160. We were waiting to schedule the interview for when we got a notification from the embassy that our case has arrived, but I read in this thread and elsewhere that if it's too soon to book the interview that the website won't let us. So I went in and tried to book an interview and the website didn't give us any sort of errors. So we have paid for the interview and courier and her interview is on July 5th. 

So our question is, since we were able to book the interview, does that mean our case has arrived at the embassy in London and the CEAC website is wrong? We are worried that she will get to the interview and our case hasn't actually arrived or they will turn us away since we never got a letter or email from the embassy even though our case left the NVC 2 weeks ago.

Thanks very much for any information!

Luis and Lizzie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lizzie and Luis said:

So our question is, since we were able to book the interview, does that mean our case has arrived at the embassy in London and the CEAC website is wrong? We are worried that she will get to the interview and our case hasn't actually arrived or they will turn us away since we never got a letter or email from the embassy even though our case left the NVC 2 weeks ago.

It takes four days for the paper file to get to London from NVC. Websites, status checks, notifications are iffy at best.  Things should be fine for you. You don't need the letter to interview. 

What did you use at the medical to confirm your LND number since you had no letter?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
9 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

It takes four days for the paper file to get to London from NVC. Websites, status checks, notifications are iffy at best.  Things should be fine for you. You don't need the letter to interview. 

What did you use at the medical to confirm your LND number since you had no letter?

Probably the e-mail that the NVC send you now. My case finally got in transit yesterday, and received an e-mail directly from the NVC confirming everything. It has case number, receipt number, names of petitioner and beneficiary and stuff.

Thanks again for keeping me sane when I was panicking about getting all of this stuff! Can I ask, do you submit the DS-160 before attempting to schedule the interview, or the other way around?

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Timeline
2 minutes ago, LeesaMarie said:

Probably the e-mail that the NVC send you now. My case finally got in transit yesterday, and received an e-mail directly from the NVC confirming everything. It has case number, receipt number, names of petitioner and beneficiary and stuff.

Thanks again for keeping me sane when I was panicking about getting all of this stuff! Can I ask, do you submit the DS-160 before attempting to schedule the interview, or the other way around?

I always say go straight to the instructions from London and follow their order if you want a flawless experience. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

• Step 1: DS-160
  • Step 2: Gather supporting documents...police certificate, shot records,, medical summary, passport photos (for medical); correct birth certificate, make sure passport had required time remaining before expiry, I-134, divorce decree, military, name changes...whatever applies. There is a list.
  • Step 3: Medical exam
  • Step 4: Choose interview date, courier arrangements, and pay visa fee.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I always say go straight to the instructions from London and follow their order if you want a flawless experience. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

• Step 1: DS-160
  • Step 2: Gather supporting documents...police certificate, shot records,, medical summary, passport photos (for medical); correct birth certificate, make sure passport had required time remaining before expiry, I-134, divorce decree, military, name changes...whatever applies. There is a list.
  • Step 3: Medical exam
  • Step 4: Choose interview date, courier arrangements, and pay visa fee.

Thanks! Yeah I did go back and look at that after I commented, but in doing so I  also found a part of their site that still references that readiness form thing, which we know isn't applicable anymore.

I'll submit it all on Friday :)

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

14 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

We had the email from the NVC that said our case was In Transit. That's good to know that we don't need that letter! Thanks!

4 hours ago, LeesaMarie said:

We submitted the DS-160 as soon as we got the In Transit email from the NVC so definitely do that before you schedule the interview.

On 25/06/2018 at 4:41 PM, fip & jim said:

I doubt that very much. You can try calling them every day to see if they have cancellations. It's best to schedule the embassy interview with 5 working days at the minimum from the medical. The medical is the hardest part, in my experience. All the visa applications in England have to go through Knightsbridge. It is possible but not advisable. You need to get this stage right. I can only advise from experience. 

Thank you. We're now able to book our interview and the 1st available date is the 17th July. Our medical is on the 21st. I'll keep calling to see if there are any further cancellations that'll bring our medical forward at least by 1 week. 

Do you know how flexible they are with changing our interview dates? For example, if we book our interview for after the 21st...but we need to change it to a closer date to accommodate our medical...would we be able to do that without paying an additional fee?

Timeline
14 hours ago, Carol79 said:

Do you know how flexible they are with changing our interview dates? For example, if we book our interview for after the 21st...but we need to change it to a closer date to accommodate our medical...would we be able to do that without paying an additional fee?

There is no fee.

Pick an interview date TWO WEEKS after the medical. Five days is not enough time. You've waited this long. Get the rest of it right.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Carol79 said:

If I've understood you correctly, I think that's cutting it a bit fine. You need at least 5 working days for your medical results to be delivered to the embassy. Getting the medical appointment is more in demand than the demand for K1 visas, so your time schedule will be dictated by that. 

14 hours ago, fip & jim said:

If I've understood you correctly, I think that's cutting it a bit fine. You need at least 5 working days for your medical results to be delivered to the embassy. Getting the medical appointment is more in demand than the demand for K1 visas, so your time schedule will be dictated by that. 

Thanks for the info. We just seem to getting a lot of conflicting messages about how long to leave between the medical and the interview. 5 working days seems about right....we've been informed 2 weeks would be better. If you don't mind me asking....did you schedule your interview 5 days after your medical as well?

Also...apparently passports are not being returned to home addresses any more. We've had to pick a delivery location in London. Would you know how long after the interview documents are ready for collection? Thank you for your help. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Carol79 said:

Thanks for the info. We just seem to getting a lot of conflicting messages about how long to leave between the medical and the interview. 5 working days seems about right....we've been informed 2 weeks would be better. If you don't mind me asking....did you schedule your interview 5 days after your medical as well?

Also...apparently passports are not being returned to home addresses any more. We've had to pick a delivery location in London. Would you know how long after the interview documents are ready for collection? Thank you for your help. 

I scheduled our interview for 10 days after our medical, 8 working days. I was keeping an eye on available appointments and there was one slot available on the 21st June so I took it. There is conflicting information. I made a judgement based on our circumstances, I guess that's all you can do. It was more difficult to get a medical date that was suitable so I started with that and worked around it. 

I haven't heard about passports not being delivered. When we scheduled our embassy appointment I chose the courier service. You can check the status of your case by logging in to CEAC with your case number. It's 11 days since our interview and it showed our visas were issued 7 days after the interview and we are waiting for delivery now. 

36 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

I scheduled our interview for 10 days after our medical, 8 working days. I was keeping an eye on available appointments and there was one slot available on the 21st June so I took it. There is conflicting information. I made a judgement based on our circumstances, I guess that's all you can do. It was more difficult to get a medical date that was suitable so I started with that and worked around it. 

I haven't heard about passports not being delivered. When we scheduled our embassy appointment I chose the courier service. You can check the status of your case by logging in to CEAC with your case number. It's 11 days since our interview and it showed our visas were issued 7 days after the interview and we are waiting for delivery now. 

Wow...thanks for all the info. I'm calling Knightsbridge every day to check for cancellations so we can have our medical earlier. As it's me and my 8yr old travelling....2 ppl slots don't usually get freed up that easily. Currently booked for the 21st July...even a week earlier would help us. I have also selected the courier service but it gives me a drop-down list (before paying) to choose from. Maybe this will change after I pay. Going from what you're saying...it looks like it might be 2 weeks wait for the visas. Thank you so much for all the info. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Carol79 said:

Wow...thanks for all the info. I'm calling Knightsbridge every day to check for cancellations so we can have our medical earlier. As it's me and my 8yr old travelling....2 ppl slots don't usually get freed up that easily. Currently booked for the 21st July...even a week earlier would help us. I have also selected the courier service but it gives me a drop-down list (before paying) to choose from. Maybe this will change after I pay. Going from what you're saying...it looks like it might be 2 weeks wait for the visas. Thank you so much for all the info. 

The same here - I needed appointments for me and my son. 

You have to choose a pick up option from the drop down list at that point, then you can choose courier delivery before you pay. It costs £38 for 2 visas to be couriered. 

That's ok, you're welcome. Good luck with everything. 

22 hours ago, fip & jim said:

The same here - I needed appointments for me and my son. 

You have to choose a pick up option from the drop down list at that point, then you can choose courier delivery before you pay. It costs £38 for 2 visas to be couriered. 

That's ok, you're welcome. Good luck with everything. 

Thank you for the info. I hope you don't mind if you keep me posted on the arrival of your visas so we know more less what to expect? We have a deadline at my daughter's new school and really didn't anticipate the delivery to take as long as you're experiencing.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.