Jump to content
audaud

Can we schedule our interview? K1

47 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Our case is still at NVC, but we have our case number. We scheduled our medical for July 6th in London because that’s all that was the soonest date they had available. We finished and submitted our D160 yesterday, still need to do applicant readiness form. 

 

Are we ok to schedule his interview now? By the time our case leaves NVC it should be fine, seeing as our medical is 3 weeks away, our case should be at the embassy by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, audaud said:

Our case is still at NVC, but we have our case number. We scheduled our medical for July 6th in London because that’s all that was the soonest date they had available. We finished and submitted our D160 yesterday, still need to do applicant readiness form. 

 

Are we ok to schedule his interview now? By the time our case leaves NVC it should be fine, seeing as our medical is 3 weeks away, our case should be at the embassy by then.

 

If the system lets you in, then schedule. If it says number not found or some such errror, then it's too soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/06/2018 at 9:37 PM, audaud said:

Our case is still at NVC, but we have our case number. We scheduled our medical for July 6th in London because that’s all that was the soonest date they had available. We finished and submitted our D160 yesterday, still need to do applicant readiness form. 

 

Are we ok to schedule his interview now? By the time our case leaves NVC it should be fine, seeing as our medical is 3 weeks away, our case should be at the embassy by then.

Hello,

 

How did you get on with this? It's been one month since our NOA2, but we called and got our case number. Am I able to book the medical, and submit the DS-160? The guy at the NVC said I we need to wait until I get notice from the embassy, but I see lots of people saying different things.

 

Many thanks


I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

 

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LeesaMarie said:

Hello,

 

How did you get on with this? It's been one month since our NOA2, but we called and got our case number. Am I able to book the medical, and submit the DS-160? The guy at the NVC said I we need to wait until I get notice from the embassy, but I see lots of people saying different things.

 

Many thanks

Yes you should be able to schedule your medical, if you have your case number. The recommended advice is to wait until the embassy has your case, but I’m inpatient, and our medical isn’t until July 7th, so any date they have available will be beyond that. Which should (hopefully) be enough time for the NVC to send your case to the embassy. 

 

You can also file your DS-160, as well as notification of applicant readiness if you have gotten all the documents for the interview ready as well. 

 

I am approaching 2 weeks since the NVC gave me our case number. It shouldn’t be much longer for them to send it to the embassy (I hope :/) let me know if you’ve got any questions :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, audaud said:

Yes you should be able to schedule your medical, if you have your case number. The recommended advice is to wait until the embassy has your case, but I’m inpatient, and our medical isn’t until July 7th, so any date they have available will be beyond that. Which should (hopefully) be enough time for the NVC to send your case to the embassy. 

 

You can also file your DS-160, as well as notification of applicant readiness if you have gotten all the documents for the interview ready as well. 

 

I am approaching 2 weeks since the NVC gave me our case number. It shouldn’t be much longer for them to send it to the embassy (I hope :/) let me know if you’ve got any questions :)

Thanks so much for replying.

 

Only a couple of questions:

  • The DS-160 requires a VISA style photograph, right?
  • Do you really need your letter of appointment to attend your medical?

I have my police certificate, full birth certificate, medical summary (and additional information for them), but I must have skimmed over "notification of applicant readiness", I'm not sure what this is?

 

Every time I think I'm in the know, I get confused again as things are happening differently than described in other posts. I had hoped to have my medical booked for around the same time as you, but I'm not sure if this will happen now. :(

 

Thank you again!

Edited by LeesaMarie

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

 

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeesaMarie said:

Every time I think I'm in the know, I get confused again as things are happening differently than described in other posts.

 

Don't depend on posts. Follow the instructions London provides in the letter of Instruction, a link to their website. 

 

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Scroll down to:

Step 1 Application Form

Step 2 Supporting Documents

Step 3 Medical Examination

Step 4 Scheduling Your Interview

 

There is no longer a readiness form in the instructions. Superfluous. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wuozopo said:

 

Don't depend on posts. Follow the instructions London provides in the letter of Instruction, a link to their website. 

 

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Scroll down to:

Step 1 Application Form

Step 2 Supporting Documents

Step 3 Medical Examination

Step 4 Scheduling Your Interview

 

There is no longer a readiness form in the instructions. Superfluous. 

 

 

Thank you, this is what caused my confusion after reading. Some sites being updated on minor things, while others aren't. I'm worried I won't get my letter for some time, and I ideally I'd like to have my interview in August when my Fiance is actually here visiting. (Timing just kind of worked out like that). I guess I will keep checking my status, and book my medical when there has been a change.

 

I appreciate you commenting, I had just been hoping for some reassurance from someone who went through the process in the last month or so with regards to scheduling the exam and interview.


I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

 

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Passport style photo. It will explain when you do the form DS-160. If you can't accomplishe the photo part, it's ok without. You take one to the interview they can use. Get started. It doesn't go anywhere or get reviewed. It sits until they pull it up at your interview. 

 

You don't need the actual letter. There are work arounds. Only the medical people request to see it because they want to see your LND number in writing on something official in case you wrote it down incorrectly if you got it over the phone.  They accept NVC letter the American fiancé gets or your status print out from CEAC.

 

Embassy has no desire to see the letter of instruction. They want to see confirmation of interview when you line up outside. You print that off after you have booked online. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, LeesaMarie said:

I'm worried I won't get my letter for some time,

 

You may never get the letter. They won't resend. See my work around comments in the post just before this. You don't have to have the letter. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Passport style photo. It will explain when you do the form DS-160. If you can't accomplishe the photo part, it's ok without. You take one to the interview they can use. Get started. It doesn't go anywhere or get reviewed. It sits until they pull it up at your interview. 

 

You don't need the actual letter. There are work arounds. Only the medical people request to see it because they want to see your LND number in writing on something official in case you wrote it down incorrectly if you got it over the phone.  They accept NVC letter the American fiancé gets or your status print out from CEAC.

 

Embassy has no desire to see the letter of instruction. They want to see confirmation of interview when you line up outside. You print that off after you have booked online. 

You have really helped me to calm down, thank you so much. I will get started on the DS-160 now then. If I do not get a letter prior to the medical exam then I will take everything I can to support the correct number etc.

 

This is really great, thank you so much.


I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

 

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, LeesaMarie said:

You have really helped me to calm down, thank you so much. I will get started on the DS-160 now then. If I do not get a letter prior to the medical exam then I will take everything I can to support the correct number etc.

 

This is really great, thank you so much.

Sorry I wasn’t aware about not needing the notification of applicant readiness. It was listed to do in the pinned post about London k1 process, so we did it, took 30 seconds lol. Oh well :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, audaud said:

Sorry I wasn’t aware about not needing the notification of applicant readiness. It was listed to do in the pinned post about London k1 process, so we did it, took 30 seconds lol. Oh well :P

 

It has kinda dropped by the wayside. That pinned thread is extremely outdated. Things have changed multiple times including website links.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

 

It has kinda dropped by the wayside. That pinned thread is extremely outdated. Things have changed multiple times including website links.

Oh jeez. If you know, could you tell me if this is everything we need for the interview? 

 

Ds160 printout

birth certificate

ACRO police certificate 

affidavits of support + evidence

passport

passport photos

confirmation of visa fee paid

 

is that everything for just the interview? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, audaud said:

Oh jeez. If you know, could you tell me if this is everything we need for the interview? 

 

Ds160 printout

birth certificate

ACRO police certificate 

affidavits of support + evidence

passport

passport photos

confirmation of visa fee paid

 

is that everything for just the interview? 

Unless you have a deed poll name change, divorce decree, military service, no live trace on your police certificate,, lived in another country 6+ months...........

They provide a list. Did you check it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/06/2018 at 12:18 AM, audaud said:

Oh jeez. If you know, could you tell me if this is everything we need for the interview? 

 

Ds160 printout

birth certificate

ACRO police certificate 

affidavits of support + evidence

passport

passport photos

confirmation of visa fee paid

 

is that everything for just the interview? 

From the website:

 

You are required to obtain the original or certified copy, and one photocopy (with the exception of your passport and photographs) of the following documents:

  • Passport – unexpired passport valid for 2 months beyond your intended date of entry into the US
  • Photographs – 2 colour VISA photo’s taken within the last 6 months
  • Birth Certificate / Adoption Certificate (If applicable) - Obtain the original or certified copy. We will not accept the short form version of a UK birth certificate.  The certificate must list both parents’ names
  • Police Certificate for the UK / Certificates for other countries (if applicable)
  • Evidence of Support - K and Diversity visa applicants are not required to provide an I-864 Form.  However, they must show evidence that they are not likely to become public charges while in the United States. There is no set for that this evidence must take but use of the form I-134 is an efficient way to provide this information to the Consular Officer.
  • VISA Fees

Other docs IF APPLICABLE:

  • Deed Poll
  • Divorce Decree / Death Certificate
  • Court / Prison Records
  • Military Records
  • Translations
  • Petition Affirmation Letter – required if your petition has expired

It would be nice to hear from someone who had an interview recently, to confirm if the website is up to date, if indeed you do need photocopies, and do need to take a print out of the DS-160. Since the VISA application is in their system, I'm not sure why you would need to take the print out, and the only place it's specifically mentioned is on this forum.


I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

 

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×