Coker41118

I-130 June filers 2018 for spouse

198 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello 

I am a US Citizen. I got married last year in India on May 28, 2018. Upon my return to the US, I filed I-130 application for my wife and the receipt date for this application is June 13, 2018. Our application went to the Nebraska Service Center and based on the dates https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ website, for I130 for Nebraska Service Center, the date is listed as July 6, 2018, almost one month after my submission date of June 13.

And we have still not heard back whether I-130 was approved or not. I had submitted a request for 'longer than normal processing times' but the response I got was just a generic that "your case
is in line to be reviewed by an officer. We ask that you allow additional time for this process to take place since we process these cases in the order received"

Wife and I are pretty stressed, and any kind of information would be helpful. Any suggestions from anyone? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
12 minutes ago, jjack said:

Hello 

I am a US Citizen. I got married last year in India on May 28, 2018. Upon my return to the US, I filed I-130 application for my wife and the receipt date for this application is June 13, 2018. Our application went to the Nebraska Service Center and based on the dates https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ website, for I130 for Nebraska Service Center, the date is listed as July 6, 2018, almost one month after my submission date of June 13.

And we have still not heard back whether I-130 was approved or not. I had submitted a request for 'longer than normal processing times' but the response I got was just a generic that "your case
is in line to be reviewed by an officer. We ask that you allow additional time for this process to take place since we process these cases in the order received"

Wife and I are pretty stressed, and any kind of information would be helpful. Any suggestions from anyone? 

well I suggest you to keep knocking the doors until you hear something. I filled my petitions with attorney so I am assuming you did it yourself. call them and check the mailing addresses or contact information on file. because it is really delayed now specially knowing that you are a citizen.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Yeah I constantly called USCIS every morning and ask for a tier 2 rep, and see what’s going on. Bug the heck out of them until they do something. Because I file June 7th 2018 and got approved December 19th 2018. We going for interview May 16th 2019. So I definitely bug USCIS and NVC.

Edited by Coker41118

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Coker41118 said:

Yeah I constantly called USCIS every morning and ask for a tier 2 rep, and see what’s going on. Bug the heck out of them until they do something. Because I file June 7th 2018 and got approved December 19th 2018. We going for interview May 16th 2019. So I definitely bug USCIS and NVC.

lol I called NVC and the rep was like your case is complete I was like daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I know that like #######. whats next he was like you have to wait for the interview I said how long that is going to take because its been 34 days since the case is complete he said I don't have any more information yet and it took me more than an hour to get on fone with them

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

I’m seeing this from a lot of people who even have cc January February, it’s sad. Because the wait is so stressful and waiting on the phone for one hour is too much.🤬

Timeline
Just now, Coker41118 said:

I’m seeing this from a lot of people who even have cc January February, it’s sad. Because the wait is so stressful and waiting on the phone for one hour is too much.🤬

yea but any suggestions? can I expediate the process in anyway?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Coker41118 said:

Some people are expediting cases a lot because they don’t have interviews yet, but that’s between you and your spouse. 

lol we both are agreed but what is the process to expedite it? do you know.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Coker41118 said:

Sorry I have no clue, but you can look and see if there is a forum that talks about it on VJ.

ok thanks

Timeline
5 hours ago, saiibi said:

well I suggest you to keep knocking the doors until you hear something. I filled my petitions with attorney so I am assuming you did it yourself. call them and check the mailing addresses or contact information on file. because it is really delayed now specially knowing that you are a citizen.

I see many people recommending calling them and I am willing to do, but the phone number that was provided is so hard to navigate, doesn't have any option that actually fits my criteria. But I will keep trying

4 hours ago, Coker41118 said:

How can you 'ask' for a T2 rep? Is it as simple as just calling and whenever someone picks up, tell them I want to talk to a supervisor, because my application is outside of normal processing time? 

Timeline
16 hours ago, jjack said:

I see many people recommending calling them and I am willing to do, but the phone number that was provided is so hard to navigate, doesn't have any option that actually fits my criteria. But I will keep trying

How can you 'ask' for a T2 rep? Is it as simple as just calling and whenever someone picks up, tell them I want to talk to a supervisor, because my application is outside of normal processing time? 

I guess you must call and request the rep

Timeline
15 minutes ago, saiibi said:

I guess you must call and request the rep

Thanks for the response. 
Woke up at 5 am PST to call them asap before the waiting hours get crazy later in the day. 

Talked to a service rep and she basically gave useless information. Told me the Tier 2 reps are not available today, and recommended I call back tomorrow when they are. This is so bad, it is unbelievable. 

Oh well, planning to call tomorrow and hopefully talk to someone. Also planning to go to the local USCIS office with an appointment to see if that helps. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, jjack said:

Thanks for the response. 
Woke up at 5 am PST to call them asap before the waiting hours get crazy later in the day. 

Talked to a service rep and she basically gave useless information. Told me the Tier 2 reps are not available today, and recommended I call back tomorrow when they are. This is so bad, it is unbelievable. 

Oh well, planning to call tomorrow and hopefully talk to someone. Also planning to go to the local USCIS office with an appointment to see if that helps. 

it will definitely help to go to the office and keep bugging them unless its heard...

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 6/29/2018 at 7:27 PM, smith916 said:

My i-130 has been received and is being sent to Nebraska!! does anyone know the wait time with nebraska service center??

Hi - Any luck yet with your I-130 approval and NOA2? I see that NSC is processing June, 2018, filers. Just curious since I filed in October and so it liiks like October will be my lucky month.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.