tom1248

CR1 Visa Interview

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello, I need someone help on my CR1 visa. My petitioner call the consulate to inquire about the medical location and when the consulate ask the security question like DOB and relationship between the person and petitioner so he screw up giving up the answers but then right after that he give them a correct answer. for example they ask the DOB so he say 1990 but the correct one was 1991. And relationship he mention the fiance then he say wife. so does this will be affect on the interview. if so how can we improve that. please advise. thanks

Timeline
1 minute ago, old-fella said:

I assume each and every call made regarding the case along with details gets logged. but that's my assumption. 

Don't sweat .. just be confident and face the interview. And if asked about this call, just be honest and answer. 

Thanks for your quick reply. I also assume that too but since it was a bad day so that happen. But my point is do you think visa officer will interview her more in dept to find out if this is bona fied marriage or no. Also do you think is petitioner is allowed with the applicant on interview. the interview is in next month.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

It is always the consular officer's job to verify that it's a bonafide marriage. Be prepared to show that you have a bonafide marriage. In many embassies and consulates, the petitioner is not allowed in with the beneficiary. You would have to ask the consulate their policy regarding this.

CR-1 Nebraska Service Center U.S. Embassy Madrid

Event

Date
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Madrid, Spain
Marriage (if applicable):  
I-130 Sent : 2018-04-11
I-130 NOA1 : 2018-04-23
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2018-06-20
NVC Received : 2018-06-27

20 minutes ago, tom1248 said:

Thanks for your quick reply. I also assume that too but since it was a bad day so that happen. But my point is do you think visa officer will interview her more in dept to find out if this is bona fied marriage or no. Also do you think is petitioner is allowed with the applicant on interview. the interview is in next month.

I can't say much about other embassies in India but at Delhi they allow Petitioner to be with Applicant.  Mine was Delhi embassy (not Indian national thou)

Send an email to consulate with details of your case and request permission to be with beneficiary during the interview.  

Edited by old-fella

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ChrisJay11 said:

It is always the consular officer's job to verify that it's a bonafide marriage. Be prepared to show that you have a bonafide marriage. In many embassies and consulates, the petitioner is not allowed in with the beneficiary. You would have to ask the consulate their policy regarding this.

Thanks Chris, I understand that it's a officer job to look into that its bonafide or no. Can you please what documents we can take to prove bonafide. We have wedding card,pictures, call log and whatsapp messages log, joint bank account, and affidavit of 2 people stating that we are married. Do you think is good enough 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, old-fella said:

I can't say much about other embassies in India but in Delhi they allow Petitioner to be with Applicant.  Mine was Delhi embassy (not Indian national thou)

Send an email to consulate with details of your case and request permission to be with beneficiary during the interview.  

I also filled initially in I130 delhi but since they moved from there to Bombay so not sure. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
3 minutes ago, tom1248 said:

Thanks Chris, I understand that it's a officer job to look into that its bonafide or no. Can you please what documents we can take to prove bonafide. We have wedding card,pictures, call log and whatsapp messages log, joint bank account, and affidavit of 2 people stating that we are married. Do you think is good enough 

Can't speak to India specifically on what's "enough." It's a context I'm not familiar with. I'd go into the subregional fora to see what people brought to their interviews in Mumbai.

CR-1 Nebraska Service Center U.S. Embassy Madrid

Event

Date
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Madrid, Spain
Marriage (if applicable):  
I-130 Sent : 2018-04-11
I-130 NOA1 : 2018-04-23
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2018-06-20
NVC Received : 2018-06-27

4 minutes ago, tom1248 said:

tom documents changes from country to country

Few questions :

Are you Indian origin?

How did you meet?

Is there age gap? If so who is young? 

1st marriage for both of you?

How many times did you visit her? or vice versa

In indian culture, family is of high priority. CO knows about the culture so lot of pictures with family, the wedding will be helpful along with what you mentioned above. 

you can DM me if you want

Edited by old-fella

Timeline
8 minutes ago, old-fella said:

tom documents changes from country to country

Few questions :

Are you Indian origin?

How did you meet?

Is there age gap? If so who is young? 

1st marriage for both of you?

How many times did you visit her? or vice versa

In indian culture, family is of high priority. CO knows about the culture so lot of pictures with family, the wedding will be helpful along with what you mentioned above. 

you can DM me if you want

Hi old yes I am Indian origin and we meet by our parents and age differences is only 4 years and yes 1 married for both I have visited her twice and she never 

What is Dm I am sorry I am new here 

1 minute ago, tom1248 said:

Hi old yes I am Indian origin and we meet by our parents and age differences is only 4 years and yes 1 married for both I have visited her twice and she never 

What is Dm I am sorry I am new here 

you are pretty much fine. You are indian origin and arranged marriage is common. DONT SWEAT A LOT. 

DM = DIRECT MESSAGE 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, tom1248 said:

The Consular Officer could do anything from being completely unaware of the call or ignoring it, to denying the visa because of referring to a fiancee as wife or was it calling a wife a fiancee.  Getting basic information wrong in an interview is the kind of thing that turns interviews around from positive to negative.  You can do nothing to change what has already happened.  All you can do is get him ready for the interview as best you two can.  What will be will be.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.