zamardii12

Did I pay the Visa Fee too early?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hey, so we received our NVC Case # on Friday and yesterday on Saturday we filled out the DS-160 and then went through the process of paying the fee which would then in-turn allow us to schedule the interview. So at this point I figured we'd finally be able to schedule her interview, but when I went through everything at the end it just said "Your request to schedule an appointment has been received and will be reviewed. You will receive an email once your request is approved." 

So does that mean the embassy will contact my fiance to schedule, or does she just wait for a approval email or something and then she or I would log back into the website and then she can schedule the interview? 

When I check our NVC status is says "At NVC" so it hasn't been sent to the embassy yet in Hungary, and my fiance still has to schedule her physical. So could they not approve our request for an interview until our case from NVC shows "Ready?"  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Diana & Justin said:

I had to rescheduled my interview appt because the embassy didn't have my case yet. But I know it depends because every country is different. Hopefully you didn't schedule your appt too soon and they will get your case in time. 

I didn't schedule an appointment yet. There was nowhere online to schedule anything. When  I got to the end after paying the Visa fee it just said "Your request to schedule an appointment has been received and will be reviewed. You will receive an email once your request is approved."

Timeline
Just now, Godschild! said:

How long did you have to wait to get your case number? Aslo Did you have to wait for a separate email in order to start with the ds160 application or once you receive the case number you can start ?

Well, I got my case number from the NVC a day after they received it. You can check my timeline if you want specifics. You can technically fill out the DS-160 whenever but I would wait until you have your case #. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
5 hours ago, zamardii12 said:

Well, I got my case number from the NVC a day after they received it. You can check my timeline if you want specifics. You can technically fill out the DS-160 whenever but I would wait until you have your case #. 

How couls you log into CEAC to fill out DS-160 early without a case number? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sweetamooni said:

How couls you log into CEAC to fill out DS-160 early without a case number? 

Ds160 does not ask for a case number it asks for uscis petition receipt number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Naes said:

Ds160 does not ask for a case number it asks for uscis petition receipt number.

Oops! I’m thinking of DS-260😊

it ask for case #.  I realized I’m in the wrong section. 😂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.