Nash Kumasi

Reaffirmed Case duration to Embassy

24 posts in this topic

Hello fellow beautiful member's of VJ , please after the reaffirmation of a cr1 case from USCIS how long does it take to reach NVC and then to the Embassy ?

Pls help me out on this issue . 

Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Can take 6-8 weeks just to get a case number at NVC. I was approved May 22 and file was just sent to NVC this week. 

You should create a visa journey timeline and then you can compare to others around your dates and service center

Edited by Sweetamooni
Typo

3 hours ago, Sweetamooni said:

Can take 6-8 weeks just to get a case number at NVC. I was approved May 22 and file was just sent to NVC this week. 

You should create a visa journey timeline and then you can compare to others around your dates and service center

Thanks for your response, but we have been reaffirmed on 16 April 2018 and received a decision letter from the USCIS which was written on 18 April 2018 telling us they will be sending our case back to NVC.

On 24 April 2018 we received an e-mail from our lawyer which came from NVC  confirming they received our mail from the USCIS and asking to give them 30 days from the date they received our case for the precessing an interview.

30 days and two weeks we call to verify our case but NVC told us again they didn't yet receive our mail from the USCIS and that the email we received from NVC was an error ,so we should contact USCIS for our case to be send to them .

We call USCIS and they too told us that everything is  still under reviewing .

And when we asked the USCIS is our case not reaffirmed or what ?  They said yes it been reaffirmed.

So as at now we don't really understand what going on and we informed our lawyer to find out what going on .

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2018 at 9:18 PM, Nash Kumasi said:

Thanks for your response, but we have been reaffirmed on 16 April 2018 and received a decision letter from the USCIS which was written on 18 April 2018 telling us they will be sending our case back to NVC.

On 24 April 2018 we received an e-mail from our lawyer which came from NVC  confirming they received our mail from the USCIS and asking to give them 30 days from the date they received our case for the precessing an interview.

30 days and two weeks we call to verify our case but NVC told us again they didn't yet receive our mail from the USCIS and that the email we received from NVC was an error ,so we should contact USCIS for our case to be send to them .

We call USCIS and they too told us that everything is  still under reviewing .

And when we asked the USCIS is our case not reaffirmed or what ?  They said yes it been reaffirmed.

So as at now we don't really understand what going on and we informed our lawyer to find out what going on .

Have you hear from the consulate soo far????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/17/2018 at 5:13 PM, JJAAM said:

What's the status to your case on the ceac website???? Mine  changed from Expiring Soon to Administrative Processing.

Sorry what does expiring soon means and what does the ceac status change to when a case is denied after interview. Does it still says “Ready” after interview and a case was denied? 

8 hours ago, Zaynab Fatai said:

Sorry what does expiring soon means and what does the ceac status change to when a case is denied after interview. Does it still says “Ready” after interview and a case was denied? 

Nope, after a case is denied for some weeks/years it changes to Administrative Processing. Expiring Soon pops up after 1year seating a Noir or rebuttal of the denied case. 

Moreover, when case is reaffirmed and sent to Ghana the ceac status now changes from Expiring Soon to Administrative Processing  during Consulate Review at the Embassy. Hope am clear. That's my experience monitoring my case.

On 6/17/2018 at 5:13 PM, JJAAM said:

What's the status to your case on the ceac website???? Mine  changed from Expiring Soon to Administrative Processing.

My status still showing expiring soon , I think my case is not yet to Ghana it's still at the USCIS .

On 6/23/2018 at 6:11 AM, JJAAM said:

Nope, after a case is denied for some weeks/years it changes to Administrative Processing. Expiring Soon pops up after 1year seating a Noir or rebuttal of the denied case. 

Moreover, when case is reaffirmed and sent to Ghana the ceac status now changes from Expiring Soon to Administrative Processing  during Consulate Review at the Embassy. Hope am clear. That's my experience monitoring my case.

Pls who schedule the interview date after a case is been reaffirmed from the USCIS ?

Is it a NVC or from the consular you have been interview ? 

Thanks.

Edited by Nash Kumasi

16 minutes ago, JJAAM said:
7 hours ago, Nash Kumasi said:

Pls who schedule the interview date after a case is been reaffirmed from the USCIS ?

Is it a NVC or from the consular you have been interview ? 

Thanks.

The Consulate will assign it to schedule it yourself. 

Thanks but pls.what does that mean to schedule it yourself , do you meant department of States are not responsible for noticing my interview after my case is reaffirmed but the consulate do ?

Pls help me know it properly because I need to know .

Edited by Nash Kumasi

8 hours ago, Nash Kumasi said:

Thanks but pls.what does that mean to schedule it yourself , do you meant department of States are not responsible for noticing my interview after my case is reaffirmed but the consulate do ?

Pls help me know it properly because I need to know .

The embassy will notify your spouse that you can now schedule your visa appointment at a weblink provided in the letter. So u register n then you schedule your appointment as soon as there is an available date. NVC don't schedule reaffirmed second appointment. 

3 hours ago, JJAAM said:

The embassy will notify your spouse that you can now schedule your visa appointment at a weblink provided in the letter. So u register n then you schedule your appointment as soon as there is an available date. NVC don't schedule reaffirmed second appointment. 

Thanks very much pls. I really appreciate it .

• 1 month later...

hi guys, can you please put the time line your case took to be reaffirmed? i was told my case was sent back to uscis at August 2017 but uscis reported it recieved the returned application last April 2018 and said they will let me know when they finish reviewing the case. my status on uscis page still says "Administrative process". now, its exactly one year since I'm told my case sent back to uscis. how long will my case take to become reaffirmed?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.