aiyappan

June 2018 AOS Filers

310 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 11/24/2018 at 11:23 PM, Andy1991 said:

Good evening!

Just wanted to give another update on hubby's case. Previously, we wanted to expedite his EAD however the lawyer was saying that since we live in a Republican state, we may have trouble expediting. Well...the expedited request got approved and hubby got his EAD about 1 - 2 weeks later

1. June 2018 - petition month (end of June....)

2. Mid-July (around the 9th or 10th) - biometrics completed

3. August (don't remember the date) - our case is ready to be scheduled for the interview

4. End of August - we expedited the EAD with our congresswoman in ATL, GA

5. Waited...

6. Early October - contacted congresswoman regarding our case since we weren't hearing back and she got an update from USCIS that the expedited request was declined :(

7. Mid October - Hubby got an email from USCIS regarding his case that card was being produced

8. End of October - EAD/ AP (travel permit) is in the mail

We did not provide any evidence for the expedited requests....and the request was denied but then it ended up arriving. 

About a week or 2 ago, hubby got an email that no update has been made in his case so far so for now, we're just waiting.... 

I live in Texas and Ted Cruz's office even had a form on the website for me to fill out about what I want. They were quite helpful when I called. Not sure why your attorney had wrong assumption about Red states?

2 hours ago, hoangthaihuy said:

I live in Texas and Ted Cruz's office even had a form on the website for me to fill out about what I want. They were quite helpful when I called. Not sure why your attorney had wrong assumption about Red states?

Hi Hoangthaihuy, can you share when you asked his office to help? and any updates? how long has it been?

thanks!

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Rilo0918 said:

Hi Hoangthaihuy, can you share when you asked his office to help? and any updates? how long has it been?

thanks!

I sent in the letter explaining the situation and the form last Friday. Waiting for their reply. I’m also contacting congresswoman’s office. 

21 hours ago, hoangthaihuy said:

I sent in the letter explaining the situation and the form last Friday. Waiting for their reply. I’m also contacting congresswoman’s office. 

okay hopefully you'll get a response soon! I'll be reaching out to Ted Cruz's office and the congressman's too. hopefully this will help.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sent the documents in the end of June, PD July 3rd. 

My interview is in three hours, and I'm freaking out. USC spouse acting like we're going out to get lunch. Probably should have a calming effect on me but just making me more nervous. 

Good luck everyone, and good luck to me! 

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: Last TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - Card is being produced

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-09-23: Mailed I-751 to USCIS

2020-10-03: 18-month extension NOA 

2020-10-15: Biometrics from AOS applied to ROC

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expired 

2021-05-17: Card is being produced

2021-05-24: Green Card received

------------------

2021-09-14: Online application for N-400

2022-05-04: Interview is scheduled

2022-06-13: N-400 Interview

2022-06-13: Immediate oath & naturalization certificate!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Rilo0918 said:

okay hopefully you'll get a response soon! I'll be reaching out to Ted Cruz's office and the congressman's too. hopefully this will help.

I received the email requesting for evidence for the expedition yesterday, so one working after I sent the email to Ted Cruz office and called the USCIS for expedition. Not sure which one helped. :D

One step at a time. I feel like my case went pretty standard, many people didn't receive the email asking for evidence until 2 weeks later.

Edited by hoangthaihuy

1 minute ago, hoangthaihuy said:

I received the email requesting for evidence for the expedition yesterday, so one working after I sent the email to Ted Cruz office and called the USCIS for expedition. Not sure which one helped. :D

One step at a time.

awesome!! that's good news!! When did you file everything by the way? or how long have you waited for your EAD

Timeline
Just now, Rilo0918 said:

awesome!! that's good news!! When did you file everything by the way? or how long have you waited for your EAD

My package was received on the 1st of August. Requested for expedition on 11/07 but they sent an RFIE on my I485, lost one month to respond to them. Then asked for expedition again on 12/07 after they updated the website saying they have received my response on the 12/03.

Waiting waiting now. I don't have to start the job until 01/14, but I can't work past the 12/12 due to the expiration of my student status. :(

What's your situation? When did you file?

My package was received on the 1st of August. Requested for expedition on 11/07 but they sent an RFIE on my I485, lost one month to respond to them. Then asked for expedition again on 12/07 after they updated the website saying they have received my response on the 12/03.

Waiting waiting now. I don't have to start the job until 01/14, but I can't work past the 12/12 due to the expiration of my student status. :(

What's your situation? When did you file?

oh wow! I sent mine in and they received everything by June 1st. and I had my biometrics on the 3rd of July. Ever since then I haven't heard anything or don't see my status updating on the USCIS site. I've been waiting on my EAD for over 6 months now and still nothing. My previous company is holding my position for me but it's affecting them too. I worked with them while I had my OPT but that expired so I need my new one to come in to go back asap :(

Timeline
Just now, Rilo0918 said:

oh wow! I sent mine in and they received everything by June 1st. and I had my biometrics on the 3rd of July. Ever since then I haven't heard anything or don't see my status updating on the USCIS site. I've been waiting on my EAD for over 6 months now and still nothing. My previous company is holding my position for me but it's affecting them too. I worked with them while I had my OPT but that expired so I need my new one to come in to go back asap :(

Wow that's a crazy long wait. You should have tried to get it expedited way before the OPT expiration. In this case, you need to ask a letter from the company saying it needs you to go back to work asap. Ask them to make it  as detail as possible that you are experienced, hiring a new person would require more training...

Wow that's a crazy long wait. You should have tried to get it expedited way before the OPT expiration. In this case, you need to ask a letter from the company saying it needs you to go back to work asap. Ask them to make it  as detail as possible that you are experienced, hiring a new person would require more training...

well I filed everything and as i was requesting for mine to be expedited they told me I had to wait a full 6 months before doing anything since that's the normal wait time.

okay I will! thanks for the tip!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rilo0918 said:

well I filed everything and as i was requesting for mine to be expedited they told me I had to wait a full 6 months before doing anything since that's the normal wait time.

At this point, you might get the EAD via your original application soon enough, but there's no harm in requesting an expedite anyway. You certainly don't need to wait six months--you must have gotten an exceptionally misinformed officer if USCIS told you that. A letter from an employer who wants you to work for them, especially since you've worked for them in the past, is absolutely sufficient 

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: Last TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - Card is being produced

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-09-23: Mailed I-751 to USCIS

2020-10-03: 18-month extension NOA 

2020-10-15: Biometrics from AOS applied to ROC

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expired 

2021-05-17: Card is being produced

2021-05-24: Green Card received

------------------

2021-09-14: Online application for N-400

2022-05-04: Interview is scheduled

2022-06-13: N-400 Interview

2022-06-13: Immediate oath & naturalization certificate!

Timeline
Just now, Rilo0918 said:

Weird. Did you tell them the right reason for expedition? "Severe financial loss to company or person"? But I have never gotten a problem with the Tier-1 officers asking for the expedition. They basically put my request through twice in a row without telling me to wait for 6 months.

The 6 month wait is only for those not having an offer or a job (e.g. no reason to expedite) and being out of normal processing time frame.

If I were you, I would call the USCIS now, and tell them you want to request for expedition.

Just now, hoangthaihuy said:

Weird. Did you tell them the right reason for expedition? "Severe financial loss to company or person"? But I have never gotten a problem with the Tier-1 officers asking for the expedition. They basically put my request through twice in a row without telling me to wait for 6 months.

The 6 month wait is only for those not having an offer or a job (e.g. no reason to expedite) and being out of normal processing time frame.

If I were you, I would call the USCIS now, and tell them you want to request for expedition.

I already expedited it through USCIS last week. and it was under "severe financial loss to company or person". they said they'll give me a call back but I still haven't heard anything!! that's why i'm considering reaching out to the senator and congressman...

how do i reach to a different tier?

3 minutes ago, eckoin said:

At this point, you might get the EAD via your original application soon enough, but there's no harm in requesting an expedite anyway. You certainly don't need to wait six months--you must have gotten an exceptionally misinformed officer if USCIS told you that. A letter from an employer who wants you to work for them, especially since you've worked for them in the past, is absolutely sufficient 

Well I already expedited through USCIS and they said they'll reach back out to me after making the decision of if I qualify to have my service sped up. I haven't heard anything and I called back a few days ago and the lady told me it's not necessary to keep on calling to follow up because they will call me and they're just taking a little longer. But no one has...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.