kenmal97

How long for the US Embassy to contact fiancee?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello, I got an email from the National Visa Center 21 days ago saying that London will contact my fiancee soon. Is 21 days a long time for them to contact her or does it usually take this long or longer?? 
Thank you :)

Well they never actually contacted my fiance at all but our status just changed to ready. He has already scheduled the interview and medical. Have you been checking your case on the CEAC case tracker? Once it shows "ready" you can start your scheduling and mind you I've read on here a lot of UK filers never got their letter from the embassy. Just take your appointment confirmation and you will be fine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
17 hours ago, kenmal97 said:

Hello, I got an email from the National Visa Center 21 days ago saying that London will contact my fiancee soon. Is 21 days a long time for them to contact her or does it usually take this long or longer?? 
Thank you :)

It's long. Most do get the instruction letter but you don't have to have it.  They refer you to their website for the London instructions https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/ 

Scroll down for the Steps to follow. 

UPDATE...

My fiance finally got an email and letter on the 26th of May 15 days after the NVC sent an email to me. Yours should be coming soon :)

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2018 at 4:47 PM, Brittani said:

Well they never actually contacted my fiance at all but our status just changed to ready. He has already scheduled the interview and medical. Have you been checking your case on the CEAC case tracker? Once it shows "ready" you can start your scheduling and mind you I've read on here a lot of UK filers never got their letter from the embassy. Just take your appointment confirmation and you will be fine.

I have my medical scheduled and my CEAC status has been "in transit" for a week. Can I book my interview before I have my medical?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
9 hours ago, HLyons said:

I have my medical scheduled and my CEAC status has been "in transit" for a week. Can I book my interview before I have my medical?

Allow 2 weeks between medical and the interview date you choose.  They have been taking a longer time to process those. 

16 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Allow 2 weeks between medical and the interview date you choose.  They have been taking a longer time to process those. 

On 7/2/2018 at 2:09 PM, HLyons said:

I agree with this. I would allow two weeks just to be on the safe side.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.