Maxximus

Marriage visa .. medical info

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi I am from jamaica... I have gotten married and am waiting on my stuff to be sorted out I wanted to know what exactly is done in the medical do they test u for marijuana .. would really appreciate some sensible answers as I really want to know what to do .. thank you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

There is no "right" outcome here. Whether you lie or are honest, both things have their pros and cons.

If you are honest and say you have smoked before, you might risk getting denied. They don't drug test unless you state that you have a history with drugs. They usually only test for TBC and syphilis.

Lying is obviously kinda illegal and morally incorrect. Also if it DOES come out somehow in the end you are probably facinga ban. It's your decision whether you want to be truthful or stay silent about it.

September 28,  2017 - I-129F Sent

October 2, 2017 I-129F NOA1

March 24, 2018 - NOA2

April 10, 2018 -  Case number received

April 14, 2018 - Case marked as ready

April 18, 2018 - Received and sent back Package 3

May 2, 2018 - Medical

May 16, 2018 - Interview

May 17, 2018 - Visa Issued

May 23, 2018 - Visa in the mail

June 2, 2018 - POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Maxximus said:

Hi I am from jamaica... I have gotten married and am waiting on my stuff to be sorted out I wanted to know what exactly is done in the medical do they test u for marijuana .. would really appreciate some sensible answers as I really want to know what to do .. thank you 

You will be asked if you have ever done drugs and if you have a history of substance abuse several times (ie: on the medical form you fill out, your physical with the doctor, etc). I cannot say for sure if they test specifically for drugs but for the medical exam the following is done:

1. Fill out the medical information sheet
  2. Blood pressure, eye sight, weight and height check
  3. Blood and urine samples are taken (both can be used to find traces of drugs including marijuana if they have been in your system for a certain amount of time)
  4. X-Ray
  5. Physical exam including a full body inspection and the doctor will make a note of any special body markings such as tattoos, piercings, notable scars, etc
  6. Vaccinations if there are any outstanding that is not in accordance with the US vaccination requirements

I cannot tell you what to do but based on several posts I can confirm that if you do admit to marijuana usage or have been found have used said substance it will result in a temporary one year ban.

Please see below examples:

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Maxximus said:

would really appreciate some sensible answers as I really want to know what to do

The only sensible answer is to just answer any questions truthfully.  Untruthful answers to immigration usually results in severe consequences.  Having used MJ in the past does not always result in bans.....but I would suggest that testing positive during the medical exam would not be overlooked....good luck..

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, Maxximus said:

Tell the truth and face a potential 1 year ban; or lie and you could receive a lifetime ban or have your green card revoked if your lie is discovered.  Those are your choices.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, Fippsie said:

There is no "right" outcome here. Whether you lie or are honest, both things have their pros and cons.

If you are honest and say you have smoked before, you might risk getting denied. They don't drug test unless you state that you have a history with drugs. They usually only test for TBC and syphilis.

Lying is obviously kinda illegal and morally incorrect. Also if it DOES come out somehow in the end you are probably facinga ban. It's your decision whether you want to be truthful or stay silent about it.

This is untrue. They will test you as part of your medical. Admitting will most likely get you a one year ban but lying and getting caught lying will have far worse consequences. Do a search on here, there are plenty of posts on this topic. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.