NicolaBolton87

Knightsbridge Review - Thursday 10th May

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I thought I'd leave a review for my Medical experience in London last week, as I know reading everyone else's reviews really put me at ease with what to expect in the weeks prior.

I got into London from Somerset at 11:30am and arrived at Victoria Coach Station. From here it was just a short walk to Victoria train station where I caught the tube to Oxford Circus and it was just a 10 minute walk to Knightsbridge. I was pretty nervous about the journey alone, as I'm a full on country bumpkin and London terrifies me, quite frankly! From Oxford Circus, Knightsbridge was incredibly easy to find using the City Mapper app. It was a straight line for about 8 minutes from the tube, cross the road, walk up a side road which at this point I wasn't sure if it was correct as it seemed a bit dodgy, but as I neared the destination on my app I saw a pub called The Coach Makers Arms - from reading other peoples reviews I knew I was in the right place as I'd seen other people mention that this was opposite the doctors.

I walked to the front door of Knightsbridge just to check, and there was a plaque by the door saying "Visa Medicals, Flat 4" so I knew I was ok!

I went across the road and had some lunch in the pub (the pub is beautiful inside!) and waited it out for a couple of hours. My appointment was at 2:30pm and at 2:10 I went across the road and buzzed, they let me straight in. Once inside it's the first right (the door has "Visa Medicals" or something to that effect on it) and as you walk through the door reception is on your right. Once at reception they will ask you what you're there for, you tell them it's for a K1 Medical for the US. They will ask you "did you bring everything we asked you to bring?" I had a folder of everything plus some other bits which I thought might come in handy - the lady was a little stern, she took the folder, took everything out, and started to hand back things she didn't want. She then handed me a clipboard with a form to complete and a pot to pee in! She was very to the point, and told me I would get my passport back at the end and to complete the form and return that to her with my "sample".

The form is straight forward and asks about medical conditions and hospitalisations. The form also asks again about self harm (for anyone who has concerns about this, I know I did) so I ticked "yes i have caused harm to myself" and "no I have never caused harm to anyone else", I also mentioned anything I had been admitted to hospital for.

After returning this and the sample to reception, I returned to the waiting room. It was pretty busy! And actually some of the people I'd seen while people watching in the pub were there, so that was a surprise! After about 10 minutes I was called by the first doctor. She was stern, didn't say much. I followed her into a room at the end of the corridor and she told me to take my top, bra and necklace off and put a gown on. You then are asked to rest your chin on top of the screen and bring your elbows back but push your boobs against the screen.. it was an uncomfortable position! After a few minutes she came over and manhandled me a bit to get me into the right position and that was that! She then told me to keep hold of my gown as I'd need to put it on again later and I returned to the waiting room.

After about 10 minutes an American male doctor called my name and I followed him to a different room. This doctor was amazing. He was dry, sarcastic and hilarious and made me feel so much at ease! He looked through my medical notes from my GP and had my completed form from reception in front of him. He asked me about my hospital admissions and asked roughly what year they all were. He was very funny and lighthearted and honestly made me feel so relaxed. After going through my notes with me briefly, he asked me to remove my clothes (leaving underwear on) and put my gown on - he left the room while I did this. When he returned he checked the following:

- height and weight

- eyesight (you just stand against the wall and read the line he asks you to read. Once with one eye covered, and backwards with the other eye covered

- ears and throat (just looking in both incredibly quickly)

- reflexes (just a quick tap of each knee and he was happy)

- chest and breathing (asks you to breathe in and out while he listens with stethoscope)

- abdomen (prods your stomach a few times and asks if it hurts)

- blood pressure 

- took blood

All very quick and no issues at all. I'd never had my reflexes tested before and found it fascinating! He asked me if I wanted him to do it again and we had a laugh about it while he tapped away on my knees! After I'd got dressed he suddenly remembered that I'd put on the form about self harm and he asked to see any scars. I just dropped my jeans in front of him and showed him a few scars on my thigh, he wasn't phased. We even had a joke about that with him saying "is that it???" and I said "yep, I did it a couple of times when I was 15/16 and it turns out it was actually not very fun so I didn't do it much after that". He asked if I had any visible scarring on my wrists and I said no. He said he was happy with the statement from my GP stating that I was fine and no mental health issues and not a danger to myself or anyone else. He made a few comments on the form I'd completed earlier just verifying that I was fine and not a risk. We had a brief chat about what my blood would be tested for and why. He was very easy to talk to, kept it lighthearted and was happy to answer my questions. He then wished me well and said if there were any issues I would get a call from him.

I returned to the waiting room one last time and after only 5 minutes or so a different lady called me and I went with her to discuss my vaccination records. I needed a mumps booster and tetanus, which I already knew so I was fine with that. It was my choice to wait and have these done at Knightsbridge to ensure everything was signed by them and done and dusted (I've read a few stories on here where boosters done at Boots or by a GP were not accepted at AOS stage so I chose to pay and have them done there to avoid any issues in the future.) This lady was an absolute doll, she was SO nice. She went through my vaccination records with me, asked if I would like my boosters there or I could have them done with my GP. There was no pressure whatsoever to have them done there but I told her I would rather have it done and out of the way while I was there. She asked how I was with needles and was very understanding that I was a bit nervous. Once she'd done my boosters she let me sit there for a few minutes and explained any side effects. She even checked I was feeling ok before I left the office and had a chat with me about the lovely shops along Oxford Circus and how tempting they were.

I then returned to reception where the same girl from earlier gave me my passport back and all the other documents she'd taken from me when I got there. She also gave me details for the vaccinations I'd had and asked if I needed my GP patient summary back (mine cost me nothing, so I was happy for them to keep it.)

She explained that if I hadn't heard anything by Tuesday (my interview was on Thursday 10th) then assume that everything was normal and confirmed that my results would be with the Embassy by Thursday (today.) She asked if I had my interview booked and I told her it was on the 22nd May to which she said was more than enough time for them to have my results (we'll see!!!) and she wished me well with the rest of my journey.

All in all, a very good experience and absolutely nothing to worry about at all. 

Edited by NicolaBolton87

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thank you so much for sharing :)

Edited by LeesaMarie

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Thank you for sharing!

Im trying to book my medical at Knightsbridge but cant get through at the moment - im very nervous as i have a previous mental health issue, ive requested a letter from my GP but im still anxious about running into an issue :( Reading these reviews helps, so thank you! Good luck with your interview!

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Thank you for sharing this, I'm glad it went well.

I had my medical the day after you (11th May), I too was nervous about my previous mental health issues, but thanks to my GP and a very nice American doctor at Knightsbridge all was well. 

I had my visa interview yesterday (16th May) and my medical results had not reached them, so I was approved pending my results.

Timeline
1 minute ago, StuBear65 said:

Thank you for sharing this, I'm glad it went well.

I had my medical the day after you (11th May), I too was nervous about my previous mental health issues, but thanks to my GP and a very nice American doctor at Knightsbridge all was well. 

I had my visa interview yesterday (16th May) and my medical results had not reached them, so I was approved pending my results.

Ahhh congrats!!!! I bet you're so relieved.

Thanks for the review, but one important thing to note is that Knightsbridge will absolutely accept you receiving your vaccinations ahead of time from your GP or a pharmacy. In fact I recommend it to most from the UK, instead of having to deal with Knightsbridge commonly screwing up the vaccination portion of the exam and the form, as well as it being cheaper for the subject. Knightsbridge will record the shots on the DS3025 as per normal, and if done correctly should be just fine for AOS.

Receiving an RFE during AOS time regarding vaccinations is a complicated subject, usually revolving around different factors unrelated to getting the vaccinations ahead of time. You have just as much chance of receiving the same RFE having all your shots done at Knightsbridge than having them done elsewhere. Luckily it's an easy RFE to resolve if it happens.

Good luck! You're almost done. :)

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Meisha&Jake said:

Thank you for sharing!

Im trying to book my medical at Knightsbridge but cant get through at the moment - im very nervous as i have a previous mental health issue, ive requested a letter from my GP but im still anxious about running into an issue :( Reading these reviews helps, so thank you! Good luck with your interview!

From what I've read on here, and based on my own experience - as long as you have a statement from your doctor confirming that you have no ongoing mental health issues you will be fine. The doctor I saw at Knightsbridge confirmed when I was there that the Embassy must have a statement saying pretty much word for word "____ is not a risk to her/himself or others" - as long as it says those words or something very similar you will be fine.

I was so nervous that my previous self harm would be an issue but it barely came up. The doctor at Knightsbridge even forgot to ask me about it it was that much of an afterthought!

5 minutes ago, NicolaBolton87 said:

From what I've read on here, and based on my own experience - as long as you have a statement from your doctor confirming that you have no ongoing mental health issues you will be fine. The doctor I saw at Knightsbridge confirmed when I was there that the Embassy must have a statement saying pretty much word for word "____ is not a risk to her/himself or others" - as long as it says those words or something very similar you will be fine.

I was so nervous that my previous self harm would be an issue but it barely came up. The doctor at Knightsbridge even forgot to ask me about it it was that much of an afterthought!

Thank you! My medical summary doesnt even state depression, it was a bad time after complications with an operation so i hit rock bottom for a lil while (years ago) im just hoping its not going to haunt me.

Spoiler

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

29-June-2018 - Medical

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Meisha&Jake said:

Thank you! My medical summary doesnt even state depression, it was a bad time after complications with an operation so i hit rock bottom for a lil while (years ago) im just hoping its not going to haunt me.

If your medical summary doesn't even mention it I don't know if it's even worth saying anything at Knightsbridge. If you bring it up they may ask for a statement from your doctor saying that you are of a sound mind now!

Timeline

Thanks for sharing!

I'm trying to book my appointment today so I rang Knightsbridge and they then told me I have to call the Visa Medical Number instead as it's for US immigration. The visa medical place is not at Knightsbridge so i am confused? also, the visa medical line says they are closed. Could you please let me know what number you called?

thanks x

Timeline
Just now, Matty101 said:

Thanks for sharing!

I'm trying to book my appointment today so I rang Knightsbridge and they then told me I have to call the Visa Medical Number instead as it's for US immigration. The visa medical place is not at Knightsbridge so i am confused? also, the visa medical line says they are closed. Could you please let me know what number you called?

thanks x

Hiya,

The number I called was 0207 486 7822. I wasn't put through to anyone else, the person who answered the phone took all my details and booked my appointment there and then.

The address in London is:

Flat 4
Bentinck Mansions

12-16 Bentinck Street

W1U 2ER

Try that number and see how you get on x

Timeline
1 minute ago, NicolaBolton87 said:

Hiya,

The number I called was 0207 486 7822. I wasn't put through to anyone else, the person who answered the phone took all my details and booked my appointment there and then.

The address in London is:

Flat 4
Bentinck Mansions

12-16 Bentinck Street

W1U 2ER

Try that number and see how you get on x

Great thank you! 

This is the number I've been trying but its an answer phone message "we are closed. Please call Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm" 

I guess I'll just keep trying. Very impatient which I'm sure you are all used to  :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
18 hours ago, Meisha&Jake said:

Thank you for sharing!

hey! it seems like there are many of us and from everything I've read the doctors are very kind and understanding. worst case scenario is you'll be asked to get further information so don't be nervous! :) best of luck, please sure your experience after you've had your medical

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

3 hours ago, NicolaBolton87 said:

If your medical summary doesn't even mention it I don't know if it's even worth saying anything at Knightsbridge. If you bring it up they may ask for a statement from your doctor saying that you are of a sound mind now!

Id rather tell them the truth than keep it from them - my GP is writing a letter that im not a harm to myself or others, just so im prepared - im probably worrying for nothing lol

2 hours ago, LeesaMarie said:

hey! it seems like there are many of us and from everything I've read the doctors are very kind and understanding. worst case scenario is you'll be asked to get further information so don't be nervous! :) best of luck, please sure your experience after you've had your medical

Thank you! Ill be glad when this is all over lol

I will definitely come back & post s review :)

Spoiler

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

29-June-2018 - Medical

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.