AAiowan

DS 160 submitted and how and when to schedule interview

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, AAiowan said:

yea I am  (the petitioner) planning to send the following.

1) copy of passport photo page

2) Copy of DL

3) copy of marriage dissolution (and original).  (not sure if i have to send original)

3)i134 affidavit of support original signed

4) payslip + bank statement(s) for assets and funds.

5)copy of citizenship certificate 

6)original intent to marry

anything else I am missing?

Thanks!

For legal documents like a divorce decree / dissolution / annulment, you need an original copy (usually with raised or inked stamp).

Letter of intent must also have wet inked signature. 

Everything else can be a copy.

For evidence of domicile, as suggested above, I simply used the driver's license copy (which has the address of domicile on it) along with PP showing citizenship.

21 hours ago, TNTidaho said:

I got my packet 4 April 24 and was able to get an interview May 22. 

Hi there!

Soon to be interviewed at Montreal for K1 as well.

Is it safe to say it took:

1) 1 month from NOA2 to NVC case# assignment?

2) 1 month from NVC case# assignment to your case being "Ready" at embassy so you could fill out Packet 3 and schedule an interview within that month?

The reason why I'm asking is I'm going to the US soon and I want to pick up both the "wet" signed I-134 and Intent to Marry Letter so I have to avoid having him send it by snail mail. Ie I'm trying to have him post date them so it is current and within the 30 days of the interview.

I know times are approximate but I can't seem to find any threads that are Montreal Consulate specific stating how backed up they are for scheduling interviews currently.

Have you found any Montreal threads that are good to follow at this point after NOA2 regarding interview scheduling and timelines?

TIA

Edited by K1visaHopeful
Sp

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Hi there!

Soon to be interviewed at Montreal for K1 as well.

Is it safe to say it took:

1) 1 month from NOA2 to NVC case# assignment?

2) 1 month from NVC case# assignment to your case being "Ready" at embassy so you could fill out Packet 3 and schedule an interview within that month?

The reason why I'm asking is I'm going to the US soon and I want to pick up both the "wet" signed I-134 and Intent to Marry Letter so I have to avoid having him send it by snail mail. Ie I'm trying to have him post date them so it is current and within the 30 days of the interview.

I know times are approximate but I can't seem to find any threads that are Montreal Consulate specific stating how backed up they are for scheduling interviews currently.

Have you found any Montreal threads that are good to follow at this point after NOA2 regarding interview scheduling and timelines?

TIA

Hey there! I just booked my interview in Montreal yesterday and the first available date was June 6th, with only a few more openings that day.  Looks like they only do them on Wednesdays. 

Timeline
59 minutes ago, reblem14 said:

Hey there! I just booked my interview in Montreal yesterday and the first available date was June 6th, with only a few more openings that day.  Looks like they only do them on Wednesdays. 

reblem14

So can you list the documents that you are taking for the interview.  Especially the petitioners documents?  What are originals (or wet ink) and what are just scanned copies/photo copies?  Thank you in advance.

I appreciate it.

AAIowan.

Timeline
49 minutes ago, AAiowan said:

reblem14

So can you list the documents that you are taking for the interview.  Especially the petitioners documents?  What are originals (or wet ink) and what are just scanned copies/photo copies?  Thank you in advance.

I appreciate it.

AAIowan.

I'm just taking everything that applies to me from the list that's provided in Packet 3 and Packet 4.   These can be found online but I've confirmed that they are still the same as the ones just sent out to me by email from the Consulate.  

The only things that I have a wet signature from the petitioner are:

- Recently signed letter of intent to get married, signed by the petitioner

- Affidavit of Support, signed by the petitioner 

As requested, I'm bringing the original and a copy of my own documents such as passport, birth certificate etc.

https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf

https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/03/Packet4-MTL.pdf

Timeline
28 minutes ago, reblem14 said:

I'm just taking everything that applies to me from the list that's provided in Packet 3 and Packet 4.   These can be found online but I've confirmed that they are still the same as the ones just sent out to me by email from the Consulate.  

As requested, I'm bringing the original and a copy of my own documents such as passport, birth certificate etc.

https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf

Thank you for information.   Good luck and keep us posted when you finish with the interview.

2 minutes ago, AAiowan said:

Thank you for information.   Good luck and keep us posted when you finish with the interview.

@AAiowan, you are not far behind. 

I'm following you but please keep us (me, lol) posted when you get that Packet 4 and are able to schedule the interview. 

I'm very interested to see what interview dates were available to you (so, if you could), would you post and let us know first and last availability etc. 

Much appreciation in advance!

Timeline

My fiancee sent the packet 3 email yesterday and  she gets an email from MTL embassy saying not to send any packet 3 documents until she gets notified.  So we are going to wait until we get packet 3 mail/email and then email packet 3 info.  We cannot make appointment for interview until packet 4 is received.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/10/2018 at 8:46 AM, reblem14 said:

So I need my fiancee to fill out I-134 and write promise to marry letter, both with a wet signature and snail mail them to me? I wonder if he can fill them out, sign them wet, and scan and email them to me? I can't find a definitive answer to this question anywhere. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Timeline
1 hour ago, NikkiMarie said:

So I need my fiancee to fill out I-134 and write promise to marry letter, both with a wet signature and snail mail them to me? I wonder if he can fill them out, sign them wet, and scan and email them to me? I can't find a definitive answer to this question anywhere. 

My lawyer suggested everything you can bring wet/original the better just get it snail mailed or overnighted so that you had that copy in case they ask for it better to be safe. 

Timeline

Update as of 5/18

Fiancee sent email with DS160# and MTL# with the packet 3 check list but got a email response saying that she have to wait until packet 3 info is sent.   so far we have not got any response in the snail mail.  Does she have to does it again or can she go ahead and schedule interview?  The status at ceac says as below.  Can we schedule an interview as per the status?

"Your case is ready for you to schedule an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal. If you have already scheduled an interview appointment, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the Consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://nvc.state.gov/interview 

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV."

Timeline

Update:

My fiancee got a letter from montreal embassy to send the proof of canadian citizenzip/green card.  Did they change how the embassy sends out Packet3/Packet4 info.  No email or snail mail about packet 3 or packet 4 or interview.  It the same status as the above post.  

Let me know if any one got the same letter from Montreal.  THanks!

On 5/14/2018 at 6:42 PM, TNTidaho said:

My lawyer suggested everything you can bring wet/original the better just get it snail mailed or overnighted so that you had that copy in case they ask for it better to be safe. 

Do what you feel is safest for your sanity but....

On 5/14/2018 at 5:16 PM, NikkiMarie said:

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-finalizes-guidance-signature-requirements

USCIS has changed its signature requirements as of Feb. Click on the PDF in the body of this news article and you will find your answer.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Do what you feel is safest for your sanity but....

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-finalizes-guidance-signature-requirements

USCIS has changed its signature requirements as of Feb. Click on the PDF in the body of this news article and you will find your answer.

That link is regarding power of attorney signatures. Nothing to do with I-134 and if a scanned copy with wet signature is acceptable. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.