AAiowan

DS 160 submitted and how and when to schedule interview

63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Gurus

My fiancee has filled the DS160 and submitted and she got the confirmation page with the barcode.  She is going to email the packet 3 info the the montreal embassy with the mtl #, barcode with passport info.  We did not receive any packet 3 email/mail from the embassy.  We just got the status as "Ready" and we are proactively filling this form and actually filled and submitted it.

Questions are:

1) Can I schedule the interview at montreal embassy right away? if so what is the link?

is this the link? https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/iv/information/iv_help  and i think she has to select  none of the above and then continue.  

2) If we can't schedule immediately,  how long does embassy take to send packet 4.

Thanks for all your assistance.

Timeline

I didn’t get the packet 3 till 3 weeks after in the mail. When I noticed I was in “ready status” I submitted my completed packet 3 to the Montreal email and got a generic email stating it will be 8 weeks to hear back 2 days later I sent in the packet 3 again at 11:00am and I received the packet 4 email at 12:20 the same day. 

From the packet 4 email you can click a link and go onto the website and set up your interview and pay your visa fee $265 (I think),  then you can set up your medical once you have a interview date. I got my packet 4 April 24 and was able to get an interview May 22. 

Timeline

No.  We have filled DS160 and going to send email with Case# and DS160 barcode number with passport page.  Once we get the email from embassy with the link to schedule the interview, i am assuming that is when you will asked to enter credit card for the fees.  Is this step different from the actual step?

Montreal is the embassy for us. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, TNTidaho said:

I didn’t get the packet 3 till 3 weeks after in the mail. When I noticed I was in “ready status” I submitted my completed packet 3 to the Montreal email and got a generic email stating it will be 8 weeks to hear back 2 days later I sent in the packet 3 again at 11:00am and I received the packet 4 email at 12:20 the same day. 

From the packet 4 email you can click a link and go onto the website and set up your interview and pay your visa fee $265 (I think),  then you can set up your medical once you have a interview date. I got my packet 4 April 24 and was able to get an interview May 22. 

TNTidaho,

In packet 3 check list, petitioner has to send proof of us domicile.  They are asking for originals.  do you send the original naturalization certificate or just a scanned color copy to the beneficiary?  Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Packet 3 I received via snail mail. Packet 4 was emailed to me.

I might be missing something here, but in order to receive Packet 4, you need to email them the checklist you received from Packet 3. If you haven't received this yet, where did you get a copy of it?

You MUST wait until Packet 4 is sent to you so start making interviews. None of the doctors I spoke to would do the medical without a copy of Packet 4 sent to them. Once the Packet 4 comes, you can schedule an interview for any time available to you, AT LEAST one week after your medical to ensure you receive the results. 

1 hour ago, AAiowan said:

TNTidaho,

In packet 3 check list, petitioner has to send proof of us domicile.  They are asking for originals.  do you send the original naturalization certificate or just a scanned color copy to the beneficiary?  Thank you.

Always a copy unless asked specifically for the original. Note, this is only needed during the interview - not to be sent with the Packet 3 confirmation.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Peot said:

Packet 3 I received via snail mail. Packet 4 was emailed to me.

I might be missing something here, but in order to receive Packet 4, you need to email them the checklist you received from Packet 3. If you haven't received this yet, where did you get a copy of it?

You MUST wait until Packet 4 is sent to you so start making interviews. None of the doctors I spoke to would do the medical without a copy of Packet 4 sent to them. Once the Packet 4 comes, you can schedule an interview for any time available to you, AT LEAST one week after your medical to ensure you receive the results. 

Always a copy unless asked specifically for the original. Note, this is only needed during the interview - not to be sent with the Packet 3 confirmation.

Peot,

Did you send naturalization certificate (original as the packet 3 says " By doing this, you acknowledge that you have gathered the required documents for each applicant, and that you will <b> bring the originals and photocopies for the interview</b>.  So like divorce certificate and nat cert, i can only print and scan the originals and send it to my fiancee when she goes for the interview.  That is the plan.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, AAiowan said:

TNTidaho,

So the packet 3 does come snail mail except if you go online you can find the check list and sing it and send it into Montreal after uou have checked off the list and signed it. I didn’t wait for them to mail it to me I just went online and found it and emailed it to them (this is the link for packet 3  I read some people go rejected when they just emailed it but I was able to my packet 4 right away and form the email there is a link that will take you to the canada website and let you set up your interview and pay your fee  Packet3Instructions-IV.pdf

Timeline
42 minutes ago, AAiowan said:

Peot,

Did you send naturalization certificate (original as the packet 3 says " By doing this, you acknowledge that you have gathered the required documents for each applicant, and that you will <b> bring the originals and photocopies for the interview</b>.  So like divorce certificate and nat cert, i can only print and scan the originals and send it to my fiancee when she goes for the interview.  That is the plan.  

Send your fiancé all originals (wet ink) through the mail that includes your divorce certificate. 

Timeline

TNTIdaho

my financee sent packet 3 email to mtl and got automated response.  My question is regarding the original documents for like US domicile proof ( like PP or nat cert).  

Thank you.

Timeline

yea I am  (the petitioner) planning to send the following.

1) copy of passport photo page

2) Copy of DL

3) copy of marriage dissolution (and original).  (not sure if i have to send original)

3)i134 affidavit of support original signed

4) payslip + bank statement(s) for assets and funds.

5)copy of citizenship certificate 

6)original intent to marry

anything else I am missing?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.