10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

Right now, me and my spouse are at the point where we are awaiting NOA2 and the notice for our interview. We filed for Adjustment Status back in early March this year after marrying December 30th 2017 :) and I received an email March 30th to advise our case had been accepted. A week later I received the NOA1 and exactly a week after that I received my Biometrics appointment for April 17th. Attended the Biometrics on the 17th and all went well apart from them having to keep redoing a few of my fingerprints which was awkward! I have also been keeping track of my case status online using my Receipt Number and it says as of April 23rd we are ready to schedule for an interview and that the USCIS will schedule an interview and mail that to us.

I was a bit concerned as usually most cases receive NOA2/Combo before mention of an interview. My main concern is, as me and Matt have not been married that long we don't have an awful lot of supporting documents in our married names other than, Marriage Certificate and a joint bank account and photos of us with each other and with family. Would anyone be able to advise? I am getting a bit ahead of myself here but so anxious about the interview as we have got this far and only just starting out our lives together I couldn't imagine being denied :(

36 minutes ago, Cultclassic92 said:

Hi everyone!

Right now, me and my spouse are at the point where we are awaiting NOA2 and the notice for our interview. We filed for Adjustment Status back in early March this year after marrying December 30th 2017 :) and I received an email March 30th to advise our case had been accepted. A week later I received the NOA1 and exactly a week after that I received my Biometrics appointment for April 17th. Attended the Biometrics on the 17th and all went well apart from them having to keep redoing a few of my fingerprints which was awkward! I have also been keeping track of my case status online using my Receipt Number and it says as of April 23rd we are ready to schedule for an interview and that the USCIS will schedule an interview and mail that to us.

I was a bit concerned as usually most cases receive NOA2/Combo before mention of an interview. My main concern is, as me and Matt have not been married that long we don't have an awful lot of supporting documents in our married names other than, Marriage Certificate and a joint bank account and photos of us with each other and with family. Would anyone be able to advise? I am getting a bit ahead of myself here but so anxious about the interview as we have got this far and only just starting out our lives together I couldn't imagine being denied :(

Don't worry about the interview being scheduled anytime soon. Most people from the Atlanta office wait for another year or close to one year until it gets finally scheduled. All that this notice means is that you will eventually have an interview (not getting waived) and that your case is being transferred to your local field office. There is actually one big post floating around right now  here on VJ from someone from Atlanta who's been waiting for 1.5 years now for his interview.

So sit back and relax! You should have plenty of proof gathered by then!

Edited by Californiansunset

1 hour ago, Cultclassic92 said:

Hi everyone!

You'll have more proof. Your case is still waiting to be scheduled which can take months and months, depending on the office and case type. 

In the meantime, just keep living your life together. Another thing you can think about is who owns the cars, who are they registered to, who is named in the insurance, if your company/credit union offers a free life insurance plan, name your spouse as the beneficiary. 

The immigration officer knows you are newly married and will understand - when the time comes, just bring what you have.

Part of me just wants to get it all over and done with, it's a nightmare being apart from your partner and just couldn't face it again. Matt needs to get his life insurance sorted out again, he is kinda useless at organising until I came in to his life! I am listed as a beneficiary on his tax returns this year and hoping the NOA2 isn't long so that I can get a job. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
5 hours ago, Cultclassic92 said:

Part of me just wants to get it all over and done with, it's a nightmare being apart from your partner and just couldn't face it again. Matt needs to get his life insurance sorted out again, he is kinda useless at organising until I came in to his life! I am listed as a beneficiary on his tax returns this year and hoping the NOA2 isn't long so that I can get a job. 

Im on the same boat as you. But atleast you got a reply in less than 90 days. Ive waited for 180 days now for my EAD but after i sent back my RFE, they changed my status to case is ready and to be scheduled for interview this may 2 only. Now im a bit apprehensive coz ive read a lot of threads that theyve waited for a year or more to be scheduled only but atleast they got their EAD while waiting. But me? I dont have it yet. Its too much waitinf already and being unemployed. Its crazy. 

Yeah it really sucks being unemployed. I have had Biometrics 17th of last month and waiting for the EAD, it would be so much easier if both me and my spouse were working. The waiting makes me anxious as it's a lot of money doing this and just want to get it over and done with really! So many different cases have different timelines, I have been told it depends on where your local based office is and their processing times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
On 5/4/2018 at 9:49 PM, Cultclassic92 said:

Yeah it really sucks being unemployed. I have had Biometrics 17th of last month and waiting for the EAD, it would be so much easier if both me and my spouse were working. The waiting makes me anxious as it's a lot of money doing this and just want to get it over and done with really! So many different cases have different timelines, I have been told it depends on where your local based office is and their processing times.

My EAD status was updated yesterday and it says 'New card is being produced' i dont know if that means i got my EAD already. But my AP status says 'Appeal is dismissed'. I dont get it though. On May 2, they updated my AOS for waiting to be scheduled for interview. Oh well. We'll just see then. Hope you got yours soon also. 

It might mean that your EAD has been produced as I know someone else got their NOA2 and EAD that included their AP around a month after they had their Biometrics and is still awaiting their interview notice. I'm hoping I do receive updates on the EAD and AP soon but it's only been two weeks since my Biometrics and still shows case ready to be scheduled for interview on the status since April 23rd. But best of luck for you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.