Neledna100913

Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

280 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ramus_maximus said:

There used to be an option for us to check the processing time at NBC before the new website update. Did they remove NBC as an option check?

I could be wrong but I dont think NBC had I751 processing time. NBC was mainly for I458 and N400 as far as im aware this would be the first bulk transfer of I751s to NBC. Seems like new territory 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
13 minutes ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

I could be wrong but I dont think NBC had I751 processing time. NBC was mainly for I458 and N400 as far as im aware this would be the first bulk transfer of I751s to NBC. Seems like new territory 

Ok, thank you.

I know they have another update in few days hopefully they add way to check a progress on the NBC transfers.

Or just send us approvals.

Edited by ramus_maximus

2 hours ago, ramus_maximus said:

Ok, thank you.

I know they have another update in few days hopefully they add way to check a progress on the NBC transfers.

Or just send us approvals.

I am assuming that the May 19th website update may have something for us hopefully🍰

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

Good morning everyone,

So I've called the 800 number this morning just to see what the automated system will say about my case. Well it's still saying my case was transferred on May the 3rd to Laguna Niguel :wacko:

I know I got a letter in the mail saying it was transferred to NBC but it's so absurd to have different status in each system! So depressing... :(

Lifting Conditions                                                                Citizenship

CIS Office:  California Service Center                               Service Center:   Lewisville TX Lockbox

Date Filed:  01/19/2017                                                      CIS Office:           Greer, SC

NOA Date:  01/25/2017                                                      Date Filed:           03/06/2018

Bio App.:     02/15/2017                                                      NOA Date:           03/10/2018

RFE:                                                                                        Bio Appt.:             03/29/2018

Interview Date:                                                                     Interview Date:    07/12/2018

Approval:                                                                               Approved:

Got I551 Stamp: Yes                                                           Oath Ceremony:

Just had a call back from a very nice immigration officer. He said that my application was indeed transferred to the National Benefits Center and that it's within the processing time. Also, he said it's a possibility it was transferred because of my N400 and they might want to combine them.
According to him I should get a letter once they'll make a decision or need more evidence.

My personal conclusion is not to go by what the 800 number says.

Good luck to all of us!

Lifting Conditions                                                                Citizenship

CIS Office:  California Service Center                               Service Center:   Lewisville TX Lockbox

Date Filed:  01/19/2017                                                      CIS Office:           Greer, SC

NOA Date:  01/25/2017                                                      Date Filed:           03/06/2018

Bio App.:     02/15/2017                                                      NOA Date:           03/10/2018

RFE:                                                                                        Bio Appt.:             03/29/2018

Interview Date:                                                                     Interview Date:    07/12/2018

Approval:                                                                               Approved:

Got I551 Stamp: Yes                                                           Oath Ceremony:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, YafaUSA said:

Just had a call back from a very nice immigration officer. He said that my application was indeed transferred to the National Benefits Center and that it's within the processing time. Also, he said it's a possibility it was transferred because of my N400 and they might want to combine them.
According to him I should get a letter once they'll make a decision or need more evidence.

My personal conclusion is not to go by what the 800 number says.

Good luck to all of us!

They would most probably combine both of your applications and schedule you for an interview. The interview date depends on your field office, best of luck for the rest of this process. Thanks for sharing, regards. 

Timeline

Silly question for people who got the I-551 stamp. Any additional documents to take at the InfoPass appointment beside expired GC, extension letter and passport? Like proof showing we are planing a trip outside USA? Also what is the fee for the I-551 stamp? I looked other posts here and USCIS website but not finding enough info. TIA!!

Edited by ramus_maximus

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
12 minutes ago, ramus_maximus said:

Silly question for people who got the I-551 stamp. Any additional documents to take at the InfoPass appointment beside expired GC, extension letter and passport? Like proof showing we are planing a trip outside USA? Also what is the fee for the I-551 stamp? I looked other posts here and USCIS website but not finding enough info. TIA!!

The only thing you'll need is your passport and green card. They can typically pull up your file using the A number on your GC. You can certainly take extension letters etc., along with you if you'd like, but they won't need it.

You certainly will not need to show proof of travel and there is no fee. But good luck finding an appointment....they're not easy to get. I would recommend checking really early in the mornings. Good luck!

10 minutes ago, ramus_maximus said:

You don't need additional documents - I took my GC, extension letter and passport. There is no charge. Also something you should know, they might not give you your GC back after they stamp your passport, they didn't give me mine but it's not the same everywhere. I read comments from people who did got it back, some got it back clipped on the top... go figure..

Timeline
4 minutes ago, YafaUSA said:

You don't need additional documents - I took my GC, extension letter and passport. There is no charge. Also something you should know, they might not give you your GC back after they stamp your passport, they didn't give me mine but it's not the same everywhere. I read comments from people who did got it back, some got it back clipped on the top... go figure..

4 minutes ago, BigEZ said:

The only thing you'll need is your passport and green card. They can typically pull up your file using the A number on your GC. You can certainly take extension letters etc., along with you if you'd like, but they won't need it.

You certainly will not need to show proof of travel and there is no fee. But good luck finding an appointment....they're not easy to get. I would recommend checking really early in the mornings. Good luck!

Thank you both. I already got the InfoPass appointment for end of the month but hoping to get some news on the pending I-751( hopefully approval) and I will not need to go to the appointment.

Timeline

Wanted to update! Just got an email notification on N-400, an interview has been scheduled.

Interview Was Scheduled

On May 21, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IOE0xxxxxx. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

19 minutes ago, ramus_maximus said:

Wanted to update! Just got an email notification on N-400, an interview has been scheduled.

Interview Was Scheduled

On May 21, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IOE0xxxxxx. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Great news!!! :dance:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
21 minutes ago, ramus_maximus said:

Interview Was Scheduled

Congratulations!! That's so exciting.

Is the timeline for the interview consistent with the processing time for your local office? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.